Third

Too Much

Flashback #3
May 25, 2013; 10:35 am
Length of relationship: 1.5 Years & One Day

 

StarNews Exclusive;
"
BTS' Golden Maknae dating?"
 


My phone rang for the nth time today, every call coming from one of the BTS members.

This time my Caller ID said Suga.

"Hello?" I answered, expecting his deep and chill voice to come through. Instead, I heard the loudest one of them all, Hobi.

"Noona?? Noona, are you okay? Has anyone bothered you? Are you hurt? Is everything okay??"

"I'm fine." I said, giggling. "I guess your voice only changes when you rap, huh Hobi?"

"That's because I have to sound y when I rap. I'll take your joking as a good sign." He said, sighing.

“Hello?” Another voice picked up the phone. “Ae Kyung??”

“Jungkook?” I answered.

“Are you okay?” He asked, ignoring the questions Hobi threw at me a minute ago.

“Yah, my face didn’t even make it on the pictures. Why are you guys so worked up? I should be asking if YOU’RE okay. You’re the celebrity here.” I said.

“You know how crazy good certain fans are at finding out things, so of course we’d be worried! I at least have my manager and hyungs here, while you’re all by yourself!”

“I take it you’re fine then. Good.” I sighed in relief. “I’m pretty sure your company’s furious at us…”

“It’s my fault, so they have no reason to be angry at you.” He said, his tone sounded defensive. “I should have been more careful…”

“No Kookie, if anyone is going to take the blame, we’ll take it together. I should’ve known better than to have you out in the open like that.” I lowered my head.

I should’ve just told him to stay home and rest.
He wouldn’t be in this situation if it wasn’t for me…

“Who’s that? Ae Kyung?” I heard their manager ask in the background. “Hello? Ae Kyung-shi?”
“Y-yes?” I stuttered at the sudden change of voice.

“You and Jungkook are going to have to keep your distance for now.” I heard Jungkook in the background protesting. “Your name’s been leaked to the media, so I suggest you stay on the low until we contact you.”

“What? But how do they know it’s me? My face wasn’t even shown!” I questioned, not processing the situation.

I knew what was going on; I just didn’t want to believe it. Not only was my boyfriend going through his first scandal, but it was with me; and to add to the fire, now we’re prohibited from seeing or talking to each other?! What the hell?

“I don’t know, but you’re name’s out there, so I can’t have you around Jungkook for now. We can’t have the story continue to develop and cause a bigger scene while they’re promoting.”

I couldn’t even get a word in before he hung up.
I didn’t even get to say bye to Jungkook.


May 30, 2013; 5:56 pm
Length of Relationship: 1.5 Years & 6 Days



-Text Message-

Jungkook: “Don’t worry. Everything’s going to be okay.”

This is the second message he’s managed to slip to me since the scandal.


And the last…

 



July 4, 2013; 1:32 pm
Length of Relationship: 1.6 Years & 10 Days



-Text Message-

Manager-nim: “You either break up, or his career goes down the drain.”


So much has happened in just a month.

Somehow, I was confirmed to be the girl in the picture, and somehow they found out the extent of our relationship. I’ve close all of my social media accounts due to all of the harassment I’ve been receiving, and I’ve even had to quit working at the convenience store because of the threats I was receiving.

I’ve always thought of the ARMY to be the most accepting fan base, and I never thought I’d have to go through such a thing in my life, but I’m also not surprised. I know it’s a bit weird, but I’m happy that they care so much for Jungkook and the boys. They’ve helped the boys get to where they are today, so I’m not mad at the way they’re reacting to all this; it’s only normal.

As long as Bangtan has the ARMYs, I know that they’ll receive all the love the need. As long as Jungkook has them, I know he’ll be okay.


I looked down at my phone screen, scrolling through my contacts until I saw his name.

To Jungkook:

“Jungkook-ah~

We’ve been through so much the past year and a half, but definitely nothing as big as this. Guess that’s what comes with being super popular, huh? Haha~

Bangtan has come such a long way from before, and I’m so proud of you all! You guys wanted to become the best group in the industry, and in my eyes, you’ve surpassed that. You guys have a fan base that loves and supports you all in everything that you do.

Being the best also comes with a ton of work and really busy schedules. You always put on a smile, no matter how tired you are. I want you to use your spare time to rest, Jungkook. You need to get as much rest as you can so you can be at your best when you perform!

Hm… There’s no easy way to say this. I love you, Jungkook. I love you more than you may ever know. You know that I only want the best for you. I want you to be happy, and I don’t want to be the one blocking you from achieving your dreams, so I'm setting you free.

-AK ”

 


{ 3/5 }