Chapter 6: Doubts and Fears

Corrupted Passion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 6 Doubts and Fears

 

There’s no love if there’s no trust. There’s no trust if there’s no love. Either way, these two should come in package. Apparently, if doubts and suspicions exist, there’s no trust. If fear and hatred exist, there’s no love. If a person really loves someone and something, these negativities should never be present within the relationship. But if it does, what does it mean then? Is it still worth fighting for?

 

“Okay, I’ll now take your attendance.” Tiffany announced beaming her daylight eye smile to her class.

 

“Ms. Tiffany seems to be in good mood lately.”

 

“I noticed it too. Maybe something happened between her and Mr. Nichkhun.”

 

The back seated students of hers once again chatter about her private life for Tiffany is evidently showing some improvements from her distressed state to a calm and composed one. As if nothing happened in the past, Tiffany came back from her old self, her happy-go-lucky and easy going self. Worries and anxieties are not evident in her physical appearance anymore, only to be replaced by an eye smile that the whole school campus loves.

 

“Jessica Jung!” Tiffany called but no one answered. So she repeated louder while looking into the attendance sheet, “Jessica Jung!”

 

“She’s sleeping.” Her seatmate informed and pointed at the snoring woman with her head resting on her arms.

 

“Again?” Tiffany sighed.

 

The teacher headed for Jessica’s seat, only to whack the back of her head with a hardbound notebook. The class gasped and frightened on how strong the smash was and how violent Tiffany was towards her student. Still, the snoring Jessica didn’t bulge instead she snored louder and continues on sleeping deep.

 

“For the last time Jessica Jung!” Tiffany warned and tried to smash her again with the notebook but her wrist ended up being held tight into the air.

 

“I heard you… ma’am.” Jessica exposed her half-opened eyes and teacher with a mean smile. 

 

“I’ve been trying to overlook at your actions and mischiefs for the past month, Jessica. Your P.E. teacher and some of your subject teachers are also complaining about your laziness.” Tiffany counselled.

 

“But I’m attending, right? What more do you want?” Jessica whined as she yawned.

 

“Yeah right, you’re attending but you keep on sleeping. You should be mentally present with the class too and not just physically. At least show some interest with our lectures. If you keep on doing this, I’ll report you to the principal!” Tiffany warned.

 

“Report, huh? Oh really?” Jessica showed her evil smile and flicked her eyebrow up.

 

With that look from her student, Tiffany knew she couldn’t argue more for they hold one big secret and she can flop anytime if she pissed Jessica off. Tiffany mouthed into the air, “You’re so unfair!” before walking back to the front with a pout on her lips.

 

“Huh? Ms. Tiffany, why didn’t you scold Jessica like how you discipline us when we chat during our classes?” One questioned.

 

“Eh? Uhm, about that… I’ll uhh… talk to her after class.” Tiffany awkwardly excused and eyed at Jessica who is full of tease as she’s sticking her tongue out.

 

“Yeah sure. After class it is.” The wicked giggled.

 

Jessica has been obediently attending her classes since that day Tiffany came to rescue her confused and weary self, it’s a month since then. Though waking up early is hard and a big deal for her, she pushes herself for it with the help of Krystal’s daily morning call, Krystal who was later reported to have gotten out of hospital. Getting this good news from her sister made Jessica to push through with her mission. However, not being able to participate with their association’s activities and underground tasks frustrate her for she was temporarily banned from tagging along with her subordinates and all.

 

“Moving on!” Tiffany quickly changed the topic to halt Jessica’s teases. “A week from now, we’re going on a study camp. I’m sure all of you are excited for it. We do this every year and of course, we’re not going out to play. We’re going out to study!”

 

“Are we going to the beach again?”

 

“No, this time we’re going on the mountains.” Tiffany said and all shouted in disapproval. “We’ll be staying in an inn located on a small village by the steep and don’t worry, I assure you it’s going to be fun.”

 

“There’s no fun in mountains. It’s too boring and plain. All we see are trees and old village with old people.” They complained.

 

“Anyway!” Tiffany cut off their random yelling and said, “Anyway guys, we’re still going and we’ll be staying there for a week. As I said, we're going to study and not to play. I’ll be distributing your waivers to be signed by your parents and please have it with you before we go.”

 

The clueless Jessica listened attentively to the announcement but never got an idea what it is about. Holding on the childish looking waiver, she frowned at the content as the word “parents” was written into it. She once again remembered her dark past with her abusive father, and her reason why she let herself be eaten by darkness. To avenge their mother, and to kill her father, that’s what she has sworn to hell since the day they were adopted. Jessica just crumpled the waiver under her table and put it in her bag but this action of hers didn’t escape Tiffany’s hawk eyes.

 

“Of course she doesn’t need that waiver. She’s too old for that.” Tiffany thought as she let the rude action slide.

 

Meanwhile, in the underground world that Jessica temporarily abandoned, there have been endless wars between associations, killings and underground transactions. This is their ordinary and daily lives, and it’s their usual routine. Jessica, not knowing anything from their current activities, some of their underlings and subordinates were caught on a combat with authorities during an underground transaction. Now some of these people are on the hands of the police for further investigation, led by her homeroom teacher’s brother Leo who has been actively participating with the police.

 

“Leo! One of our captured men confessed. Some of the men arrested said they are a member of foreign mafia association. I think you should go them out.” A police informed the restless investigator reading evidences and proofs.

 

“Take it easy, Leo. You’ve been so active lately. Why don’t you take a rest and let your companions do your work for the meantime?” The division head advised.

 

“You can’t stop him, chief.” One hisses to their head, “Leo has been working hard with the cases that involves mafia because their father. According to him, their father who was a police was killed by a heartless mafia boss. He became a police investigator because he wants that mafia clan to be punished. So, let’s just let him do his things.”

 

“I’m still halfway through.” Leo sighed. “Don’t worry Tiffany; I’ll definitely capture that clan who broke our family.” He said while scanning the case of their father that was closed because of insufficient evidence.

 

Jessica, and Tiffany’s brother Leo, both have the same goal to avenge their broken families but in two different opposite ways as one is doing it with good and one is with the evil. Because of these goals, their determination and perseverance never left them.

 

Then, there’s this couple whose relationship was shaken up by a mistake made in a single night. Nichkhun and Tiffany were brought together by their passion as a teacher, and because of this passion, their love grew deeper and soon they will seal their love with an expected marriage. This relationship is however getting weaker each day Tiffany hides the mistake and its fluctuating fidelity has never shown to the man. 

 

“Where are you taking me?” Tiffany asked her fiancé who’s guiding her somewhere during their weekend together.

 

“Just wait Fany. I’m sure you’ll like this.” Nichkhun said and swayed their intertwined hands.

 

Nichkhun covered her eyes when he sighted their location an intersection away from them. Walking in caution, he slowly guided her with her steps until they reached the entrance of their destination. As soon as Nichkhun removed his hands on Tiffany’s eyes, her vision was welcomed with shining in white wedding dresses and wedding concepts presented in a board by the building's entrance.

 

“I know you’ve been waiting Fany. Sorry I took so long to do this.” Nichkhun smiled at his speechless fiancé. “Today, we’re going to look for wedding favors.”

 

“Is this true?” Tiffany asked.

 

“We don’t really have to choose right now. I just want to let you know that I can now think and prepare for our marriage now.”

 

“Hey Fany! What took you guys so long? We’ve been waiting inside with the wedding coordinator.”

 

Two of her best friends, Taeyeon and Hyoyeon came out from the building as they revealed themselves from a long wait. They pulled the couple inside and led them to meeting area where they can talk with wedding coordinator and some planners. Inside the place, there are wedding gowns displayed on a glass, wedding tuxedos are fitted on a mannequin and some accessories were matched up with it. Assorted wedding venues are also shown through a slideshow on their widescreen TV, from a beach wedding, a church wedding, and many more concepts. Tiffany smiled in amazement but felt uneasy at the same time.

 

“Why are you guys here too?” Tiffany, who still can’t process the situation well, asked in confusion as they make their way for a seat on a rectangular glass table.

 

“Of course we have to help you guys out with the preparation. I know your family too well Fany. Your brother is so busy with work he doesn't even go back to your home and your mother maintains her duty as a housewife. You can't possibly prepare and help Nichkhun alone.” Taeyeon explained.

 

“Ah, y-yeah. Y-you're right. Sorry I didn't get it immediately.” Tiffany stiffly laughed.

 

Tiffany expected herself to more excited and thrilled over her fiancé’s surprise but it didn't happen. Rather she unexpectedly felt plain and felt nothing so special about it. Unlike before, especially on the day when Nichkhun proposed to her, she always thinks of her wedding day and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter