Chapter 16: Inevitable Tomorrow

Corrupted Passion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 16 Inevitable Tomorrow

 

No one has the ability to stop the time or even rewind back to the happiest times of life. Tomorrow cannot be escaped, tomorrow is not guaranteed and tomorrow will come whether people like it or not. Every single second is counted when making decisions of whatever may tomorrow may bring and yet these decisions aren't guaranteed to work out either. Decisions for tomorrow are a huge gamble for the decisions a person makes at the present is the prize of tomorrow.

 

Yuri arrived at the crime scene and found no one but blood stains on the ground. It didn't take long when Tiffany’s brother also arrived and found the same thing with her. By a corner is Jessica’s phone and school bag and at the other side is Tiffany’s satchel with tire marks beside it. None of the neighboring houses heard or has an idea of what happened in their area while some refuses to get involved with it.

 

“There's a high possibility that the blood belongs to Jessica and she’s injured when they were taken away.” Leo said and later cursed in the air as he roared in anger. “Damn! I failed to protect Tiffany! First our dad and now Tiffany!”

 

Yuri stayed silent but her inner voice is yelling out loud as her blood is boiling and burning and wrath to the clan who captured her underboss. Her usual and fast decision making failed her as her emotions took over her state.

 

“Unnie. How's Sica-unnie? Krystal just arrived here at the hospital too and she’s asking where Sica-unnie is. What’s happening over there?” Yoona asked through a phone call.

 

“It's too late.” Yuri replied with a silent scream. “They were taken away. Please so tell this to Krystal with care. Don’t be harsh.” She then hanged up without waiting for any response from their worried friend.

 

As soon as the incident made a commotion in the area, it was reported on nationwide news causing the situation to be more complicated and harder as it was before. The school temporarily closed down and this action caused the students and concerned people to criticize such decision. The head director rejected all calls and messages from the media, suspending all his activities for the meantime until Jessica and Tiffany will report in to be safe and sound. Though Jessica’s fake profile hasn’t been exposed to the public just yet, the queries of the media on why a teacher and a student were together on a late night the incident happened increased everyone's concerns.

 

“Dad! Why are you here?” Yoona approached her father that was seen entering the hospital.

 

“Where is he?” He questioned back, ignoring his daughter’s question.

 

“Well he's in that room.” Yoona pointed. “But Krystal is inside too. She's crying nonstop. I don't know how to calm her down.”

 

“I have to talk to her.”

 

The head director just passed by his daughter and went straight to the room where his old friend, the mafia boss is sleeping in heaven. Beside him is Krystal holding his cold right hand, looking down on his laid body, teary-eyed with her furrowed eyebrows. Krystal noticed his entrance but didn’t look back to meet his eyes.

 

“If only I tagged along with him that time then maybe this wouldn’t happen. Dad is gone, Jess is nowhere to be found and now I'm all alone. What should I do?” Krystal sobbed.

 

“Young lady, you know there are things you need to decide on your own. There are decisions that don’t require guidance from anyone. There are also decisions that seem so wrong yet it's the right thing to do at a situation like this. Right now is the perfect time for you to stand on your own and sacrifice like what your sister did to you.”

 

Krystal finally tilted her head back to the her director as he said. His face shows no fear but full of determination to encourage Krystal to be on her own stand.

 

“He's right Krystal.” Yoona butted in as she heard their conversation. “This isn’t the time for you to cry here and do nothing. At least for now we have an idea who captured your sister and who killed your father. It might not be much but this will help us to move forward. So Krystal, what do you think is the best thing for you to do?”

 

Krystal clenched her fists and started to think deep on her own. Eyeing on her father's face, she started to reminisce all the good things he had taught them when they were younger and how they were raised up in his clan’s care. With that, Krystal finally found an answer as she silently walked out of the hospital carrying a decision that she never thought that she would make in her entire life.

 

Meanwhile, in the middle of nowhere on a deep blue sea, on an empty ship yet luxurious, there Tiffany regained her consciousness after her long hours of sleep. With her blurry vision, she sighted her surroundings first. On the sides are small circled windows, enough for her to see the sky with the sun breaking out at night. The floor is wooden and perfectly polished but the lights up above are so dim, so dim that she could only see herself tied on a chair with a rope and sealed with a packing tape.

 

“Good morning.” A familiar voice spoke out from behind. “You're up so early. It's still dawn.”

 

The man walked closer and removed the tape from then he brightened up the area with another dim light, enough for Tiffany to see another empty chair in front of her. The man occupied the empty chair, now facing the staggered Tiffany in front of him.

 

“Khun…” Tiffany said, recognizing the man in an unusual black suit with a gun vulgarly tucked in his waist. “You… so it was you…”

 

“Don't worry my Fany. I won’t hurt you. There's no way I'll hurt the only woman I love.” Nichkhun said and caressed Tiffany by her cheeks as he leaned forward.

 

“Don't touch me!” Tiffany barked as she rapidly shook her head just to remove herself from his touch. “Don't you dare to lay your filthy hands on me! How dare you do this Khun? You're completely insane!”

 

“Insane, huh?” Nichkhun laughed, sitting back properly in his seat. “Maybe you’re right. I wouldn’t turn out like this if you didn’t hook up with that student of yours.”

 

“Jess…” Then it hit Tiffany. The person who should be with her isn't around and the person who took the bullet for her can't be seen around her. “Where's Jess? What did you do to her?”

 

“Relax. She's still alive. That woman sure is a tough one. We removed the bullet from her wound and treated her. For now, she's alive but for later, I'm not so sure.” Nichkhun said, walking around Tiffany with his wicked giggles.

 

“What do you mean? Please don't hurt her! It's me that you want, right? Let her go and take me instead.” Tiffany cried.

 

“What a goal we have here. Did you know she said the same thing?” Nichkhun hissed into her ears. “Well, she's on the other side of this room. Of course you can't see it since you’re tied up in your chair. There's a door just right behind you and behind that door is Jessica losing her life. So, I wonder how much blood she has lost since then? Can she still keep up? Can she still handle the pain?”

 

“You're an evil!” Tiffany cried loud and her yells echoed all over.

 

“Do you want to save her?” Nichkhun asked and Tiffany looked up on him. “There's only one way for you to save her.”

 

“Please tell me.”

 

“Marry me.” Nichkhun bluntly stated and this shut Tiffany from her noises. “Marry me and if you do, I'll release her and bring her to the hospital. She can still be saved if you'll just obey with my orders and marry me.”

 

“Are you out of your mind? Why should I marry you? I don't even love you and I will never marry someone like you.” Tiffany said as she initially rejected his offer.

 

“Then she'll die in agony. If you want to save her so bad then that’s the only way I can offer to you. Marry me or she'll die.” Nichkhun repeated his words and walked towards the exit and said, “I'll give you until tonight to think about it. I'll be back to check on you when the time comes. Only until tonight because I can't guarantee that Jessica will still be alive the next morning. Also, don't you dare try to escape from here. Mafias, my subordinates are just roaming outside all the way to the deck.”

 

Nichkhun left and locked the door as he left Tiffany crying her lungs out. She continues on with her howling despite of knowing that the outside won't hear her cries of help. Soon she stopped and started to lose hope. Her body also started to tremble in fear for she has a traumatic experience of being tied on a chair and being held like a hostage.

 

“H-hey…” A weak voice was heard coming from the locked door behind her that Nichkhun told her.

 

“Jess? Is that you?” Tiffany looked around, searching for the voice but her tied body on a chair just won't bulge from her position.

 

“Y-yeah.”

 

“Are you alright? Can you still hang on? Are you hurt? Please talk to me.” Tiffany asked nonstop at the voice from her back.

 

“I guess so.” Jessica still manage to let out a faint and weak laugh.

 

Jessica’s room is a total opposite of Tiffany’s. Her arms are untied but her ankles are. The wooden floor is untidy with dust fogging the space. There's no seat for her and just let her draining body be leaned on the creaky walls with the swinging dim light above her. There are oxygen tanks at a side then an oxygen mask attached to her face. The medical apparatus used to remove the bullet from her wound were just left scattered on the floor. Lastly, they left her wound half-opened as they di

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter