Chapter 4: Twist of Fate

Corrupted Passion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 4 Twist of Fate

 

Stars won’t shine without darkness, and darkness won’t be noticed without brightness to deny it. In every person, there will always be evilness that hides behind their smiles and successes. Same goes for the opposite side, there will always be a goodness and light that hides behind evilness and wickedness. If destiny itself made a way for good and evil to clash, will it contradict and create unnecessary disputes, or will it create a roller coaster kind of relationship?

 

“For the school’s rules and regulations…” Yuri recites aloud, pacing back and forth in front of her impatient underboss sitting on her study table that their boss has equipped in her room.

 

“Make it quick.” Jessica barked on her seat while tapping her index finger against the table.

 

“You’re not allowed to make fuss and commotion. You’re not allowed to fight and brawl with anyone else. You’re not allowed to wear heavy make-up and keep your face natural since you’ll be disguising as a pure teenage girl. Always wear your uniform and I.D. and most importantly, don’t be late. Your classes start at 8AM.”

 

“Are you serious? Damn that’s too early for me to wake up every day! I‘m already having a hard time keeping myself awake for this first day! And school uniform, I’ve never worn one for ten years now!” Jessica complained.

 

Yuri overlooked and no one dared to listen to her complains and continues, “You have to keep in mind that you’re a student and not a mafia. We have to hide the fact that you’re a mafia and you have to finish your studies. No one should find out about this. So, we have to be careful with our words and avoid getting involved too much with the staff’s lives.”

 

“This .” Jessica blubbered.

 

“I repeat Sica, you'll tell no one about who you really are. No one.” Yuri repeated as emphasized the most important word, no one.

 

“We’re all prepared.” An underling informed and presented Jessica’s new uniform, a white polo with the school’s logo embedded on the right side and a checkered ribbon tie and mini skirt.

 

“Shall we start preparing for you, so that we can head out for school at once? I'll orient you properly while we're on our way.” Yuri asked as she grinned at Jessica’s disgusted look written all over her.

 

The peaceful private high school started its day bright and cheerful, warm with the birds singing on tree branches. Like what the students always do in the morning, they wait for their attractive English teacher to enter the campus with her shining eye smile to make them positive the whole day long. Unfortunately, not for this day yet again for Tiffany entered the school campus with her head lowered down in depression and stressed.

 

“Ms. Tiffany is acting weird lately, don’t you think? It’s like her smile was drained all of a sudden.” A student said as they’re watching Tiffany walking across the school campus from the second floor.

 

Her fiancé Nichkhun heard the students talking and also saw her walking lifelessly and glowered. Though he’s not saying anything about her sudden change of attitude, Nichkhun can tell that he’s being avoided lately and their long night talks turned into silence and deep sleep.

 

“Why don’t you go and confront her and asked the problem?”

 

Nichkhun was startled for the tall and y school nurse wearing her white robe with her name plate Choi Sooyoung poked his cheeks with a ruler as she noted.

 

“I don’t want to force her. I want her to say it herself.” Nichkhun said and walked away feeling the heavy burden in his heart.

 

“It’s getting difficult, huh? Poor man…” Sooyoung exhaled as she felt sorry at the sight of the troubled man.

 

“Excuse me.” An innocent voice said.

 

Sooyoung turned around to see who is calling out and found this new person having fair complexion and black-haired woman sporting black and white chic attire. Scanning her from top to bottom and analyzing the books and papers she’s holding, Sooyoung bowed at her.

 

“I’m sorry. I’m the new teacher, Kwon Yuri. I’m kind of lost right now. Can you tell me where the faculty room is?” Yuri asked, innocently smiling with her delicate tone of voice.

 

“Ah.” Sooyoung again nodded and returned the same kind of smile to her as she said, “I can walk you there if you want and so that I can introduce you around the campus.”

 

“Really? Thank you so much. That’s a big help.” Yuri said as she accepted the help.

 

As if a long-time professional educator, Yuri is showing an outstanding performance and notable skills of beaming an innocent yet seductive smile towards the students walking around the corridors. Not knowing that this person belongs to an underworld of mafias, students started to admire her rare beauty and greeting her with their genuine smiles.

 

Walking together on the hallway, Sooyoung said, “So you’re the new teacher that everyone is talking about. There were also new staffs that were hired recently and a new foreign student. This school sure is getting popular.”

 

“New student.” Yuri mumbled and chuckled under her breath.

 

“If I’m not mistaken, that new student will be under Tiffany’s care. I hope they get along well.”

 

Jessica Jung, one of the most feared mafias in the netherworld finally stepped out of her limousine that was parked far from the school premises. Reading the rules that Yuri made especially for her, she needs to be in a low-key and be a typical humble student who walks her way to school which is visibly aggravating the hot-blooded woman. Also, she needs to walk like a proper lady, not like a sergeant like how she used to.

 

“Good luck unnie! I’ll always support you. And, you can always call me if you need a hand with your home works.” Krystal sent this message while Jessica walks annoyingly on the street sides.

 

“If it’s not for that damn leader position there’s no way I’ll do this kind of thing! Do I really have to do this?” Jessica continues on protesting to herself, groaning as she keeps on pulling down her mini-skirt and also covering her legs with her hand bag provided also by the school.

 

“Hey look, she's wearing our uniform! Is she a student? She looks matured and old for her age.”

 

“You're right. Maybe she's the foreign student that our teacher told us last week.”

 

“I heard foreigners tend to look older despite of their young age.”

 

“She's so pretty!”

 

Approaching the school nearer, the students started chatting about her as they all stare at her from head to foot. Jessica's straight long hair was neatly tied up instead of her usual permed dangling hair, her make-up was done lightly with a baby pink lip gloss to make her look younger and to complete her teenager look, she sports a school uniform like any other students.

 

“What the hell are you looking at?” Jessica snarled at the students entering the school gate and everyone distanced themselves in fright.

 

“You must be Jessica Jung?” An old woman asked the disturbed and uneasy Jessica who approached the school gate.

 

“Yes, I am.” Cheeky Jessica was forced to answer with a stern look on her face for the students who pass by her would stop momentarily just to look at her.

 

“I'm the school principal.” The old woman introduced. “The head director asked me to welcome and guide you inside the school campus. I'll be leading you to your class.”

 

“Yeah. Whatever! Just bring me to that God damn classroom. I want to sleep…” Jessica irked.

 

“What a shameless student!” The fearful principal remarked as she was taken aback that caused Jessica to raise an eyebrow. “I'll let you go this time. But for sure, you can't act like that once you'll meet your homeroom teacher. She'll teach you some good manners before you can graduate.”

 

The school bell rang, the students hurried back to their classrooms and the teachers started walking to their respective room assignments. Yuri, who was introduced to the faculty, gained a lot of interest for she was assigned as a P.E. teacher like Nichkhun but failed to attract Tiffany's attention for she's spacing out on her seat, looking into the empty spaces.

 

“Ms. Hwang, homeroom has started. You should go now. You still have a new student to introduce to the class.” Her co-worker said and alarmed her drained mood.

 

“We'll also have a short assembly by the gymnasium later to formally introduce new staffs that were hired recently. You better get moving.” Another one advised before leaving the room.

 

“So that's Sica's homeroom teacher. She looks familiar.” Yuri thought and recognized the woman she accidentally bumped from the hotel where she picked up Jessica.

 

Tiffany can only make her day flow gracelessly while hiding the guilt and conscience inside her unstable heart. Even her footsteps became heavier since that day, the day she spent a night with a stranger, the night when she couldn't remember anything that happened. No matter how hard she tries to remember and gather all the pieces of memory together, nothing comes out for a result. Not even her clueless friends who were with her that night know anything that happened to her. Carrying this burden with her, Tiffany feels corrupted in all ways, as even her profession and passion of being an educator is slowly betraying her.

 

“Good morning!” Tiffany entered the classroom and falsified her eye smile to cover her discomfort.

 

“Ms. Tiffany, where's our new classmate? We heard she looks pretty and matured.” A student said.

 

“Students from the other classes said they have seen her already. We'd like to meet her too.” Another demanded from his seat.

 

“Calm down everyone. She'll be here shortly. The principal just showed her around a bit. Even I haven't seen her yet. Bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter