Chapter 2

A Jinyoung (Love) Story

- Jinyoung's POV -

 

Last night was tiring. It was fun, yeah, was also my first time baking but hell, so exhausting. I woke up at nine o’clock this morning and the house was very quiet. Sandeul had probably gone to work. I got up from my bed and rubbed my eyes.

 

Walking downstairs to the kitchen, I smelled pancakes. Yummy. Sandeul is such a sweetheart. He always makes breakfast for me. I feel like a child being taken care by such a good mother but the fact that I’m a year older than him spoils it.

 

As I reached the kitchen, I sat on the counter and started devouring the sweet-smelling pancakes. Just as I took a bite, my mind was immediately brought to seventh heaven. “Umphh!” These round things are simply scrumptious! Thanks Sandeullie.

 

*** *** ***

 

It’s 5.00 pm now and it’s almost time for Sandeul to get home and I can’t wait for that to happen. Sitting on the sofa, my eyes kept switching gazes from the wall clock to the front door. I’m dead bored already!

 

Then when I heard the jingling sound of the keys from behind the door, I stood up, feeling ecstatic. Sandeul opened the door and I practically jumped on him.

 

“WHAT THE HELL!” He shouted as he used his leg to slam the door shut. “What is wrong with you? Let me go.”

 

I released him and smiled sheepishly when my eyes met his glare. “Aww, don’t be like that chingu, I’m bored.”

 

“Find a job then…” Oh wow, someone’s in a bad mood.

 

“Err.. Did anything happen?” I decided to push my luck and ask.

 

He took off his jacket and walked towards the kitchen. I followed him. He opened the fridge and took out a bottle of water. I am still standing here, waiting for his answer. He took a large gulp from the bottle and eyed me questioningly. “What?” he asked as he finished drinking.

 

“You’re pissed. What happened?” I crossed my arms in front of my chest and stepped closer to him.

 

“Guess what, Gongchan’s father is planning on buying a share in the company I work at.”

 

“Okay,” I said, still not clear of where this is going. “And?”

 

“If my boss agrees, then I kind of will work under Gongchan’s family’s management.”

 

“And that’s a bad thing because…”

 

“Dude, have you seen the way Gongchan looked at you yesterday? He was angry! He clearly wants me back and I’m not gonna let that happen,” Sandeul announced as he pull out a stool from under the counter table and took a seat. “His has probably dumped him that’s why.”

 

“So after you guys broke up you guys never see each other again?” I do not know why I asked him that.

 

“Yeap… well, until now.”

 

“Oh…” I said. “That’s too bad.”

 

“Anyway, you said you were bored right?” he suddenly asked.

 

“No I still AM bored.”

 

“Let’s go get some ice-cream!”

 

“Where? The Bana Ice-cream Shop?”

 

“Yes, Jinyoung… where else. That’s like our hangout place.” Yes, our hangout place is an ice-cream shop. We are so lame.

 

“Okay! I’m craving for some vanilla ice-cream anyways,” I said eagerly.

 

Sandeul laughed and stood up. “I’m gonna go take a quick shower first.”

 

“Well hurry up!”

 

*** *** ***

 

We drove there using Sandeul’s car. Well duh, I don’t have a car. As soon as we reached there, I quickly jumped out of the car and entered the ice-cream shop. I am so excited!

 

This ice-cream shop works like a fast food restaurant, you have to line up and order the ice-creams yourself. Since the place was kind of packed at that time, we had no choice but to sit at the long side bar. It’s convenient anyway since it’s nearer to the ice-cream parlour and the cashiers. And we both ended up ordering vanilla ice-creams but with different toppings.

 

“So, does this mean I have to pretend to be your boyfriend?” I asked as I shoved the ice-cream in my mouth.

 

He took a scoop of his own using his spoon and spun his head to me. “Well only when Gongchan is around…”

 

“Hmmm,” I whined. “Do I have to?”

 

“Yah! Stop complaining. Are you my friend or not?”

 

“Yes but –”

 

“ –then shush,” he hushed me. I pouted and looked at him. He merely stuck his tongue out and made a ‘you-can’t-do-anything-about-it’ face.

 

I took another spoonful of my ice-cream but only to realise the bowl was empty. “Oh great, now my ice-cream is gone!” I exaggerated.

 

“It’s not gone. You ate it all,” Sandeul stated matter-o-factly.

 

“Geez, thanks Captain Obvious,” I mocked and rolled my eyes. “I’m gonna order some more, you –”

 

“Eh, sit down, since you’re such a good friend, I’m going to order it for you.” Oh… that’s cool. After he stood up from his bar stool, he asked, “same as before?”

 

“Ne, put extra almonds on top of it okay?” I requested. “And more chocolate fudge on it too…”

 

“Okay…”

 

“And I also want some caramel sauce on it… and some crushed pistachio… and –”

 

“YAH! You wanna die?” he half yelled. I shrugged it off and looked at him happily.

 

“Okay I think that’s it,” I smirked.

 

When Sandeul was about five metres away from where I sat, a man wearing a pair of big spectacles sat on a stool beside me. Well, since we’re sitting at the side bar, the vacant stools can be occupied by anyone. Okay he’s handsome. He has a long braided hair but he still looked smart nevertheless. I looked at the man and give him a small smile. “Hi,” I blurted out.

 

He nodded politely and smiled back. “Hi,” he said. Then I saw him laughed to himself quietly, perhaps stunned by my sudden friendliness. Wow, he has a cute set of teeth, especially the front ones, they almost resembled a rabbit’s. Okay what the hell, I gotta shake these thoughts out of my mind.

 

And what I did next was something that I couldn’t control: I started a conversation with him. “So, it’s a lovely night huh?” Stupid stupid question.

 

“Yeah, it’s a lovely night indeed…” he answered. Wow! He’s friendly! Okay stop overreacting Jinyoung~

 

“Yeahhh…” I drifted off, not knowing what to say next. “So um, I’m Jinyoung by the way,” I said as I offered him a handshake.

 

He accepted it. “I’m Shin Dongwoo,” he introduced himself.

 

“Oh… so do you live around here? you’re new?” Oh my goodness, why did I asked him that? Now I sound like a creepy stalker. “Because I’m kind of new in this town,” I continued. Okay that’s better.

 

“Uh not really, I’ve been living here since I was ten. But I just got back from my 8 months business trip in London.” Oh, so he is a business guy.

 

“Oh cool.”

 

“What do you do for a living?” he asked. Oh .

 

“I, uh… I…” I hesitated. “I don’t have a job.”

 

He looked at me eye-wide. “Oh.”

 

“But I just graduated from college… a year ago…” like that was gonna save my from embarrassment. I’m so pathetic.

 

“So you still live with your parents?” he assumed. That was an insulting supposition ever. Just because I have no job doesn’t mean I’m still living with my parents.

 

“Uh, no. I live with a friend.”

 

“But how do you pay for the rent?” Another insult. Grr…

 

“My parents sent me money every month.” Yes my parents pay for my rents. Sandeul is like my landlord, a pleasant one at that, because he doesn’t seem to mind if I paid my rent a little later than due.

 

“Well that is charming,” he said and I could clearly note the sarcasm there. Why do I feel like he’s getting annoying?

 

“Uhum…” I said, not really sure how to respond to his statement. “Yeah.”

 

“Is he here now?”

 

“Huh? Who?”

 

“Your roommate…” well, he’s a nosy guy.

 

“Yeah, he’s that one over there. The guy wearing the yellow hoodie.”

 

Mr. Shin Dongwoo glanced at Sandeul, who was quite far away from us. He enlarged his eyes when he saw him.

 

“He’s quite cute right?” I said, thinking he might found Sandeul attractive.

 

“He looks adorable,” he admitted as a smile formed on his face.

 

“Yeah…” I had to agree, Sandeul is adorable and likable.

 

“So tell me about this Sandeul guy.”

 

Huh? Wait a minute... “How do you know his name?” I asked confused.

 

He looked taken aback by my question. “Um.. you told me earlier.”

 

Oh I did? Yeah, maybe I forgot. Oh well, since he was asking, it wouldn’t hurt if I tell him the Sandeul/Gongchan issue right? After all, he doesn’t know Sandeul so there’s a thin chance he’s gonna tell him (what I am about to tell him). “It’s like this… you see, there’s this guy…”

 

*** *** ***

 

A/N: Ha! This is just the beginning of Cnu/Jinyoung :D

COMMENTS ARE LARVED!