Chapter 1

A Jinyoung (Love) Story

- Jinyoung's POV -

 

“Yah Jung Jinyoung! Did you eat the cupcakes in the fridge?!”

 

I was about to turn on the TV and plopped my self on the sofa when my roommate shouted. I ignored him though. I the TV before landing my on the big comfortable beige sofa. I kept changing the channels because nothing seemed to entertain me. Ugh this is so boring.

 

“Yah Jinyoung! Did you hear what I said?” I turned around to the voice and found Sandeul standing just outside the kitchen’s door while crossing his arm.

 

“Uh, I heard you yelling but I couldn’t quite catch what you were saying,” I told him the truth.

 

He rolled his eyes at me. “Did you eat the cupcakes in the fridge?”

 

“Cupcakes?” Oh-oh. I think I did. “You mean those cute little pink cakes?”

 

“Yes,” he sharply said. “Did you eat those cute little pink cakes?”

 

“Ermm… I think?”

 

“You think? Jinyoung, do you know how long it took me to make those?” he whined. “Those were for my office party tomorrow.”

 

“Well it’s not my fault those cakes were delicious,” I tried to reason. That was actually a dumb reason but heck, it was the truth. Sandeul raised his eyebrows at me. “Okay fine! I’ll help you make a new batch tonight,” I said. When his face softened, I know somehow he’d believe me. I smirked to myself. I’d possibly bail out and sleep early later. He’s just so easy to trick.

 

Or maybe not. “You better be. Or else I would kick your out of this house,” he threatened me. Oh no, did he just threatened me?

 

“You would never,” I provoked him. “You wouldn’t even kill a fly.” Okay, that was probably a lie. Albeit I’ve only been living here for two weeks, this guy is sure something else. His tantrums can be scary at times.

 

“That’s probably true since I find it almost impossible to see flies in the house.” Yes, he is right. The house is always clean. In fact, this house is probably the cleanest house ever occupied by two single men.

 

“Okay fine, I’ll help you,” I said in surrender. I’m living in his house anyway.

 

“Good, we better start early because I have work tomorrow, obviously, unlike you.”

 

“Yeah yeah, make fun of your unemployed roommate,” I dismissed him with my hand. He laughed and get back into the kitchen. I turned back to the TV and puffed my cheeks in annoyance. Not even five minutes later, Sandeul went out of the kitchen with a big black plastic bag on his hand. “Where are you going?”

 

“I’m taking out the trash,” he stated as he raised the plastic bag up in the air. I gave him a curt nod before he headed out. I feel like such a lazy person. Ugh seriously I need a job a.s.a.p.

 

**** **** ****

 

I looked up to the clock hanging on the wall just above the TV set. It marked 3:30 in the afternoon. It has been 20 minutes since Sandeul went out. What is taking him so long, it’s only trash. Since the curiosity is killing me, I got up from the sofa and reached for the front door. I opened it and saw Sandeul – with a guy – talking just outside the house’s gate. I approached them and when I was about a metre away from them, both heads looked at me.

 

“Oh baby, there you are…” Sandeul’s voice suddenly became sweet. Too sweet for my liking. And ‘baby’? What was that about? “I was just telling Gongchan about you.” Oh, so the man’s name is Gongchan.

 

“Hi there,” I smiled but only to get a scowl in response. Okay, douchebag alert.

 

“So, babe, this is Gongchan… my friend,” Sandeul announced happily. And what’s with the fake smile on his face? Oh friend, it’s clearly fake and forced. He must’ve been up to something.

 

I didn’t smile nor did I offer a handshake. I just stood there and waited for Sandeul to speak.

 

And he did but not before wrapping his arms around my neck. “Gongchan-ah, this is Jinyoung, my roommate. And also my boyfriend.” B-boyfriend? Okay not only the proximity between me and Sandeul is too close for comfort, he also called myself his boyfriend?

 

“B-bwo?” Gongchan stuttered. “I don’t believe you.”

 

And with that, Sandeul’s lips came crashing onto mine. What the –

 

“Was that convincing enough?”

 

*** *** ***

 

By the time we get into the house, I was livid. Like very livid. Sandeul practically my lips! I waited for him to close the door and when he did, I turned him around to face me.

 

“Ow, stop being so aggressive,” he complained. His shoulder brushed against mine as he walked passed me.

 

“Sandeul, I demand an explanation!”

 

The said man turned back to look at me and said, “It was nothing okay,” he said.

 

“How was that nothing? Who was that man and why did you claimed myself as your boyfriend.”

 

“That was my frickin’ ex-boyfriend you dimwit. I did that to you because I wanted to make him jealous.”

 

“Oh…” was all I managed to say.

 

“People say that the best revenge is happiness. So why not, I make him believe that I’m happy with another man.”

 

“Okay…” I muttered. “So when did you guys broke up?” I said, leaning my self against the wall. Sandeul took a seat on the first step of the stairs which leads way to the second floor.

 

“Few days before you came here…”

 

“That’s not that long ago,” I stated the obvious. “Why?”

 

“He cheated on me with some cheap . That mothering , how dare he. After 3 years of dating him, I should’ve known, he’s not the trustworthy type.”

 

“You dated him for 3 years?” Okay that’s quite an accomplishment. Why, after 3 months, that guy decided to cheat on him?

 

“Yeap.”

 

“Are you sure it’s not just some misunderstanding?”

 

Sandeul raised his eyebrows. “What the hell, don’t tell me you’re siding for him!” he spat and rose from where he sat.

 

“No I don’t,” I denied. I don’t want to anger him.

 

“Good. I need to go upstairs and change. His smell sticks on me, eugghhh…” he muttered in disgust. I snorted. “And don’t forget tonight…”

 

Tonight? “What do we have tonight?”

 

“Erm, hello, the baking session. Remember?” Oh crap, I totally forgot about that one.

 

*** *** ***

 

A/N: I'm sorry if there's any grammatical errors as English is not my first language :\

Anyway... Comments are loved :3