- Chapter 02 - Avoiding Him!

I want us more than just friends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji Ae's POV

Yesterday, Baekhyun visited me to check on me if I was doing well after I ran out of school and skipped classes. I was touched to feel that he is concerned about me but it doesn't change the fact that he already have a girlfriend. -sigh- I don't feel like going to school today. Should I say I'm lazy? Naaah! Actually, I don't want to see Baekhyun for awhile. The pain is still fresh in my heart. My eyes are still puffy, I'm a mess. Ughh! I was lying down on my bed until I decided to get up and tell my parents that I'm not going to school today. I got out of my room and went to the kitchen where dad and mom is. Mom saw me entering the kitchen and smiled at me but, the smile faded when she saw me that I wasn't weraing my uniform. 

"Good Morning, darling! Aren't you going to school?" Mom asked me after she put down the plate with eggs on it on the table and went to where I was standing to check if I have a fever. 

"Can I not go to school today, mom?" I said with my head looking down.

"Why? Is there something wrong, honey?" My dad asked me as he put the newspaper he was reading on the table and turned to look at me.

"I don't really feel so good, dad." I said.

"Do you want me to take you to the hospital? I could leave an hour from the office to take you." Dad said as he looked at me with concern and worry.

"No, no. Its fine, dad. I'll just rest here at home and drink some medicines. Besides, mom is with me." I said as gave my mom a weak smile.

"Okay then. Come! Let's have breakfast." Dad invited me and pulled the chair for me to sit on while mom lead me to it. I sat across mom and dad was just beside me. 

The breakfast was done, dad already left for work, and mom was washing the dishes. It was still early for Baekhyun to come but I wasn't expecting him to come though. I got my phone and sent a message to Hyo Mi to tell the my adviser that I will not be able to attend class.

To: Nam Hyo Mi
Hyo, its me, Ji Ae eonni. :))
Can you please tell my adviser that I will not be able to attend class today. I'm not feeling well. Thank you, dongsaeng! :**
- Ji Ae

Hyo Mi is my other bestfriend. She's a junior while me, Baekhyun, and Sandeul are her seniors. Who's Sandeul? Oh, forgive me, I forgot to introduce him. Sandeul is my schoolmate, he's from the other section. 

Suddenly, I received a reply from Hyo Mi.

 From: Nam Hyo Mi
Oh, okay, eonni. Please get well soon. :)) I miss you! I'll just see you tomorrow morning then? I have a lot to tell you. Haha! Anyways, rest and relax. Love lots! <33 

I smiled after reading the message from Hyo Mi. I miss that girl! 

I was going to sleep again until I heard mom shouting from downstairs.

"Ji Ae! Baekhyun's here!" Mom shouted. I quickly got up from bed and went out of my room. 

I went to the door where Baekhyun was standing. He looked at me from head to toe. Worry is visible in his eyes.

"Why aren't you dressed yet? Are you okay?" He asked while scanning my arms and face if there were any bruises. But to his dismay. there was none. I chuckled at his cuteness.

"I'm fine, Baek. I'm just a bit dizzy, that's all. I'll be fine after I drink the medicine." I said and gave him a weak smile.

"Are you sure? I can take you to the hospital." He said as he tried to pull me out of the house to go to the hospital. I quickly pulled out my hand out of his grip. 

"No need, Baekhyun. I'll be fine. Mom's here with me. I can handle myself." I said. I hope he's convinced.

"Okay then. I'll just come back here after class to check up on you." He said and I lead him to the gate of our house.

"Don't. Just do your homework at home." I said and closed the gate when he was already out. I bid him goodbye and went back in the house. 

I closed the door behind me and was shocked to hear mom's voice.

"Are you really okay, Ji Ae? I know you're hiding something from me, darling. Spill the beans now." Mom said as we walked towards the sofa.

I told her everything about what happened yesterday, valentines. I started crying on mom's arms and begged her not to tell anything to dad. She knows that I like Baekhyun. After calming down, insisted that I should rest in my room while she makes our lunch. I went to my room and laid on my bed. I stared at the ceiling until I didn't notice that I already fell asleep. I only woke up when it was lunch time and went back to my room to entertain myself. I read my favorite book. 

The whole day I was inside my room. Its either I' m sleeping or reading a book. The day is almost done and there's no sign of Baekhyun calling or even texting me. It was a relief that I could take my mind off of him for awhi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter