First Mission

Kicking Fire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


It was a cold morning. The sun had hardly rose despite the time, and precipitation remained in the form of dew; settled on the grass they passed in the van. Thinking back an hour when she first read the file, Eunji inwardly groaned as she went over the specifics of the mission in her head. She began to make a mental list:

Arrive in, –she checked her watch- exactly 43 seconds. Silently get out the van, don’t forget the sniper. Walk (silently) 978 metres towards the most eastern building. Set up on the rooftop, Jungkook will be on the southern building. Remain undetected for the next 20 or so minutes. Shoot when-

“Eunji! Are you listening?” She was brought back by a slightly annoyed looking Jungkook.

“Huh? Sorry?”

“We’re getting out...”

“Oh.”

Eunji silently followed behind Jungkook. The rest of the members had disappeared down several alleyways a good 100 metres back. The area appeared deserted, all except the sound of traffic in the distance. Slowly Eunji moved her eyes as Jungkook moved towards the tall building to their right, waving a soundless goodbye before disappearing into the shadows. 

Eunji almost had to hold in her laughter at seeing the boy acting so professional and serious.

‘Another 616 metres before my hideout building…’ Eunji registered before continuing on her own way.

Eunji’s building was at least a few floors taller than Jungkook’s. Broken chairs and cupboards sprawled across the deserted staircase proved difficult for Eunji to get past. The moment she stepped out onto the roof she gasped, not previously considering the harsh wind.

“Kaz speaking. I’m set up. Over.” The girl murmured into the ear piece.

“Understood. Target remains roughly 700 metres from kill zone. Over.” A deep voice replied, Taehyung, Eunji assumed.

After 30 minutes of remaining hidden, Eunji noticed her hands were shaking. It was cold, it was really cold. However, the girl was wearing warm clothes.

‘Oh god.’, ‘, I’m shaking.’ Eunji realised.

“Kaz, he’s coming.” Yoongi whispered into the ear piece after checking the CCTV footage himself.

“R-right.”

The girl knew what to do. She watched the opening below her carefully, she, as well as the rest of the team had studied the file long enough to know which exit the man would use. Slowly, still with shaking hands, Eunji lined the gun up with the exit.

This man was a bad man. Human a trafficker to be specific, a man who had killed hundreds, and destroyed lives. Knowing this, the first thing that Eunji should have done when he walked through those doors would have been to pull the trigger. If the gun were a paintball gun, the girl would have done exactly that. If this man could have been taught a lesson through a few bruises, Eunji would not have hesitated, but this situation was different. Eunji was there to kill, and this man was going to die.

“! Kaz what are you doing! You’re going to lose vision.” It was Zombie this time.

“S-sorry s-sir, I-I Ju-st-, I-I can’t-” Zombie cut her off before she could finish.

“Seagull, do you have vision?”

“No Sir.” Jungkook answered immediately. 

“Eunji, you still have vision. I need you to calm down and take this shot.” Soap had cut in. His words were calm, but his voice lacked composure. It made Eunji even more unsettled.

“O-ok.”

Eunji peered back through the eye piece, trying her hardest through shaking hands to re-line the shot up. Once it was lined up with his head, just like in training, the girl slowly placed her finger over the trigger.

‘I can do this,’ the girl promised to herself, before she let out a whimper, and retracted her hand.

‘. I can’t.’
 

 

Yoongi was with Namjoon. For the last 20 minutes the pair had been working full out on retracting client information from the computers.

‘If Eunji doesn’t do it, it will be up to Jungkook. Jungkook’s even less likely

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter