In for the Kill

Kicking Fire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Once Eunji had hit someone once, her confidence seemed to boost considerably. She quickly travelled between barrels to gain better angles, managing to shoot several opponents. Eunji, after playing the game a while started to understand the rules- she didn't listen to a word during the introduction. Once somebody were hit, they'd raise their hands before standing up and excusing themselves from the game, leg and hand shots didn't seem to count. By the way several of the people around her had yelped upon being shot, she also assumed it hurt. 

Eunji looked around at her diminishing teammates, 'about 12 left, so just under half...' She thought to herself, weighing up her team's chances of winning. 
She then directed her gaze to her opponents, she was unable to determine their numbers- but she was able to make an educated guess that they had similar numbers of their own. 

Eunji observed for a few minutes, shooting when she thought necessary. Lining the gun up with the back of their head, Eunji made her 6th kill. Eunji flinched as several shots hit the barrel she was currently leaning against. She moved to the barrel behind her and continued moving further left, once again hiding her location. 

 It wasn't until there were about three or four people left on each team that Eunji thought, 'We need to get ahead somehow.', 'We need to stop playing it safe and go for it.' She answered her own uncertainty. 

"Psst," Eunji whispered to the undistinguishable teammate a few meters to her side. Her teammate’s attention immediately snapped to Eunji, and followed orders when she motioned for them to come closer. 

"I have a plan, but can you cover me?" Eunji asked. Now that the teammate was closer she was able to see a face of a young boy; about her age behind the paintball mask.

"Sure!" The boy enthusiastically replied. 

"Here take this then," Eunji opened her ammunition compartment on her gun and took out a handful of paintballs, motioning for the boy to open his. The boy looked up at Eunji unsure why she was sharing her ammunition. Eunji noticed the gaze and answered the silent question. 

"I don't need much ammo if my plan works, and besides, can you switch between shooting from both sides of the barrel? Make it look like there are two of us- you'll need more ammo for that." Eunji stated to the boy, received a nod, before disappearing into the large area of barrels and trees behind them.

Eunji wasn't sure if her plan would work at all, but she had figured out that the remaining three members of the blue team were grouped together in an area where the barrels were placed in a 'U' shape. The barrel positioning allowed almost complete protection, but the gaps were big enough for the team to poke their guns through, take out the red team easily enough and move around comfortably. With three team members, a member could easily watch the opening behind them, and protect them from an ambush. 

BANG, another red teammate had gotten out. ', three onto two? If I fail this surely we can’t win.' Eunji sighed to herself. 

The two teams were facing each other, the boy from earlier kept shooting almost constantly and Eunji silently thanked him for keeping the blue team preoccupied as she crawled along the outskirts of the field. Eunji had to circle around at a reasonable distance, keeping low as to not be seen. Once she was out of sight from the fr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter