Don't Stand a Chance

Kicking Fire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Within the next 10 or so minuets the Red and Blue teams were grouped around the televisions watching the beginning of the Green vs. Yellow match. Eunji was sat next to Jungkook, and both were looking up at the overhead projector, observing and comparing the play of each team.

Eunji groaned as she watched the execution of plans and set ups from both teams.

“Uh, they had so much time to plan,” Eunji complained, recalling the lack of teamwork from both sides in her own match.

Jungkook hummed in response, then stated, “But their plans are contradicting each other.”

“Huh? How so?” Eunji said, narrowing her eyes and observing the screen with more concentration.

“Well, watch this next one for example,” motioning for the screen the boy continued, “The plans are simple and easy to read. The two players from the green team will attack that group from opposite sides, but the yellow team has already foreseen it. See?”

As Jungkook was talking Eunji watched, and unconsciously made an ‘o’ shape with when his explanation was spot on. The two green players got out as the yellow team had set up a trap for them.

“But how’s that contradicting?” Eunji challenged.

“It’s happening on both sides, look.” Jungkook explained, and motioned for the screen again right as the yellow team approached to attack again. It was a set up and green managed to get three players out at once.

“You’re pretty good at this stuff,” Eunji snorted, “How’d you know?”

“Video games.” Jungkook answered too quickly and neither of them managed to hold in their laughter.

Intrigued, Eunji watched the game intensely, there were about four players left on the yellow team and two on the green. The remaining players seemed different from the rest of their team. Both were acting unpredictable- compared to earlier anyway. She watched as the green team would half execute an attack, then quickly change plans as their enemy interpreted it.

They were playing the green team’s game, yellow were stuck in defence, and the green team were using this to their advantage. Stepping out from behind their barrels into open territory the two remaining green players held down their triggers- aiming at, and stepping sideways towards the sides of the barrels where the yellow team were grouped. With the yellow team caught completely off guard, the green team took their victory.

Immediately after they updated the score board. Unluckily, Eunji was still at the top.

 

RED Han Eunji – 9 kills – 0 deaths -34.4 mins

GREEN Min Yoongi – 8 kills – 0 deaths – 26.5 mins

RED Jeon Jungkook- 8 kills -0 deaths -34.4 mins

YELLOW Kim Taehyung- 8 kills -1 deaths – 26.3 mins

BLUE Kim Seokjin -7 kills – 1 deaths -34.4 mins

BLUE Jung Hoseok- 7 kills – 1 deaths - 34.3 mins

GREEN Kim Namjoon – 6 kills – 0 deaths – 26.5 mins

YELLOW Park Jimin – 6 kills - 1 deaths - 26.4 mins

 

 

Everyone head back to their dorms to change after that. Eunji tried knocking on the room of 402, but she was obviously the first one there she let herself in. She been informed that her room consisted of three other girls, they hadn’t met yet, but Eunji noticed the bags claiming some of the other beds.

The sound of the door opening brought Eunji back.

“Oh, Hey there! Are you our roommate? I’m Rim Minjae, but call me Min.” A tall, dark haired athletic looking woman said bowing slightly in acknowledgment.

“Y-yeah, pleasure to meet you. I’m Han Eunji.” Eunji bowed considerably deeper, the woman was at least a few years older than herself.

The other roommates also came in and introduced themselves, as Kwak Aeri, and Rim Yihyun. Aeri had a short haircut that framed her child-like face, and her height was similar to Eunji. Yihan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter