Teams

Kicking Fire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Days turned to weeks, and weeks turned to months. Every day Eunji, along with the rest of the red team would rise early and go for a run around the training grounds. At first, many of her teammates struggled, a few even collapsing after running a few too many kilometres, but Eunji and Jungkook managed to keep at the front of the group consistently. Eunji almost laughed when she thought back onto her life before the Agency. How many people did she know could hold their breath for more than 5 minutes? Diffuse a bomb? Shoot 6 targets in less than a second? Hack into NASA?

Now? She knew all those kinds of people.

Once the Agency had worked out every individual’s strengths and weaknesses, the real training began. As of showing off her skills in the first round of paintball, Eunji had won numerous other times. ‘RED Han Eunji – 756 kills – 3 deaths – 3087 mins’, her score of 1089 points putting her in the lead by a good 300 over the second best: Jungkook. Furthermore, she proved a prefect accuracy on the target shooting and sniper tests. She, along with about 15 others including Jungkook were trained specifically as gunmen.

Eunji’s group of friends had remained the same over the duration of training. Jimin and Taehyung were trained in hand to hand combat. Yoongi and Namjoon in intelligence and strategies, and Jin and Hoseok in knife and weapon fighting.

“Today we will announce the teams,” The short man, of whom Eunji still couldn’t recall a name, announced at the would-be training session. Immediately the room was filled with an anxious silence.

“As you have all been informed previously, the teams will be divided into 3 categories: High, middle and low rank. The teams will consist of members of whom specialize in different areas, but show an ability level similar to your own.” He paused, letting his words sink in.

The man went on to explain how the teams will first run some practice missions together- before setting off into real, life threatening ones.

“We would like to begin by announcing our top team. This team comprises of 8 members who excel not only in their own specialised area, but as all-rounders.” He paused for effect. “The leader of this team is Kim Namjoon and the Vice leader Min Yoongi. Other members are Jeon Jungkook, Kim Taehyung, Han Eunji, Jung Hoseok, Kim Seokjin, and Park Jimin.” The short man finished.

Immediately Eunji snapped her attention to the stage.

‘Huh? But I at everything but shooting, god, I don’t want to be in the top team.’ Eunji inwardly complained, weighing up the pros and cons of being in the top team.

Eunji looked over to her right, to see Jungkook wit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter