It's not the same anymore (pt2)

Our ending and beginning

The next morning

As B.A.P arrives at the empty practice room, the first thing Yongguk does is looking out the door, waiting for someone's appearance.

" Yongguk, what are you doing? Looking for something?" - The manager asks the leader, while hurrying the members to warm up.

" Nothing, hyung. Did Himchan call you last night?" - Yongguk shakes his head and starts warming up.

" Last night, Yongnam called me with Himchan's phone. Seems like he is with your brother."

" Yongnam?" - Yongguk felt surprises when his brother's name is mentioned. More importantly, he suddenly felt a sense of anger inside.

Without further questions, Yongguk tries to concentrate on the practice, ignoring the strange feeling inside him.

 

Meanwhile, at Yongnam's house,

Himchan tosses and turns before he sits up. It takes him a while to realize that he is not in his dorm's room. He looks at the phone just to see that the battery has died a long time ago. Then a voice calls out to him.

"Himchan! Are you up yet? I make breakfast, want some?" - Yongnam looks into the room and asks the boy to join him for breakfast.

" Morning, what time is it? I need to go to the practice room." - Himchan stands up as he searches for a clock.

" Around 10:00."

" What? 10:00? No, no, I'm totally late. Aish, Yongguk and the dongsaes are going to nag me again." - Himchan quickly grabs his things as he rushes out the door.

" Woah! Calm down, Himchan. No worries, I call your manager last night. Hey, I will take you to the practice room after breakfast." - Yongnam reassure the younger man before Himchan almost runs himself into the door.

" Thanks, Yongnam. Sorry for troubling you so much."

After hurrily eating breakfast, Yongnam and Himchan are quickly on their ways to B.A.P's practice room. Despite Yongnam's reassurance, Himchan still decided to call Yongguk again.

" Hello"

" Ah, Yongguk. It's me Himchan."

" Uhm"

" I'm sorry for being late for the practice. Tell I'm sorry to the members too. I'm already on my way there." 

Himchan keeps waiting for a respond from the other side but Yongguk just stays silent until Himchan has to call out to the leader.

" Yongguk? Are you listening? "

" Uhm, I know. Just come, we are going to have a break soon so you can start the afternoon practice with us when you come."

" Ok, thanks, Yongguk. I'll see you there."

Himchan hangs up the phone and let out a big sigh of relief. Yongnam just focuses on driving as he says that everything is fine. Honestly, Himchan feels relief that he met Yongnam yesterday. The man was a big help to Himchan. Even though, he still feels a little bit unstable but so much better compares to yesterday. At least, now Himchan is ready to apologize to s and hopes that they would be understanding.

 

At the practice room, while they are coming to the end of the morning practice, the manager hyung calls Yongguk out as he has a phone call. Picking up the phone to hear Himchan's voice, Yongguk is indifferent. "Why is he calling me now after spending the night with Yongnam?" - Yongguk questions himself as Himchan is speaking to him, not seeing how strange his thought is. He is wondering why Himchan is with Yongnam. For some reasons, Yongguk feels uncomfortable that Himchan and Yongnam was spending last night together when Himchan was supposed to spend time to reconcile with the members, or at least explained himself to Yongguk. After all, this is their problem, not involving Yongnam. Moreover, Himchan has always been close to Yongguk not his brother. The leader is lost in his own thought until Himchan has to call out to him. After agreeing that Himchan will be joining them for the afternoon, Yongguk staring at his phone for a while until he notices the intense stares from the B.A.P's members. 

"Himchan is on his way to the practice room." - Yongguk informs the members.

Zelo and Jongup are relief that their hyung is okay. Youngjae is a little bit upset that Himchan has been missing since morning so he is a little bit more grumpy than others. 

" Yongguk hyung, did you talk with Himchan hyung about things recently? I don't want thing like yesterday to happen again especially when our comeback day is coming soon."

" Yah, Youngjae. Just let it go" - Daehyun tries to lighten up his friend's mood.

" I want to let it go. But he being like that just makes things harder than it already is. I can try to understand if he is trying to feel better but he keeps getting worse. He is slowing us down. Just admit it. We haven't made any progress recently " - Youngjae frowns as he complaints.

The entire group just falls into silence. What Youngjae says is not wrong, in fact it is the truth. The comeback day is coming closer, yet the mood of the entire team is down and nothing works out. Youngjae has always been a straight-forward person, who says what is on his mind. His words might be harsh but truthfully, Youngjae is really concern about Himchan. It's just that his way of expressing it , definitely not the best way. Yongguk just sighs and decides to change the subject to advoid keeping this mood from getting worse. 

 

However, as they start to discuss about the concept and the program for the comeback, no one realizes there is someone standing outside the door, listening to their whole conversation. Himchan has just arrived at the practice room a few minutes ago. On his way there, he has already arranging the words to explain as well as apologize to s. As soon as Yongnam's car stops, Himchan quickly gets out of the car after bidding the older goodbye, worrying that his courage might be gone if he waits any longer. But as he reaches the door, he hears his name appeared in the conversation so he decides to wait and listen. Youngjae's words are true but hearing them directly breaks Himchan's heart. Moreover, s seems to be in agree with him as well. As Himchan stands there, losing all the courage to come inside, Yongnam has followed him inside as Himchan drops his phone in the car.

" Himchan, what are you doing? Not getting inside?" - Yongnam worriedly calls out to him.

" Huh? Yongnam? What are you doing here?"

" Your phone, you drop it. You're looking pale again. Are you ok?" - Yongnam Himchan's face as the boy is looking really pale.

" I'm fine. Thanks, Yongnam." - Himchan tries to reassure the older.

" Himchan?" - A deep and surprised voice appears when the dance room's door opens.

Himchan suddenly gets stiff as he knows Yongguk is behind him but he can't bring himself to face the leader. Seeing Himchan is shaking slightly with Yongguk's presence, so without thinking, Yongnam reaches out to hug the younger to comfort the younger. And Yongguk witnesses it all. Again, there is this boiling fire inside Yongguk when Himchan just gives in to Yongnam's hug. Yongguk can't exactly tell why he is feeling that way. He just simply thinks that it is disappoint and betrayal he felt because of Himchan's recent behaviour. 

Yongnam carefully looks at his twin, who is staring intensely at the person in his arm. Yongnam lets out a sigh as he realise what is happening with his twin. Himchan also lets go of Yongnam as he feels a little bit better. 

" I gotta go now, Himchan. What ever the problems you are having, you guys should resolve it slowly. Don't push yourself ok? " - Yongnam looks at Himchan then waving goodbye.

Right now, in the hall way, there is only Himchan standing with his back facing Yongguk. After a long time, Himchan decides to turn around and breaks the silence. Himchan right now is smiling so brightly, as if nothing happens at all.

" Yah, sorry, Bbang. I'm really late for the practice right? I'm sorry. Let's go inside and pratice."

" What are you doing, Himchan?" - Yongguk says without showing any expression.

" I...."

" How can you smile now? Do you know how much trouble you are causing for the entire team. Are you even trying at all? Do you even want to be in the team? " - Yongguk continues without seeing the hurtful expression in Himchan's eyes.

" Bang Yongguk, you know that I'm trying hard too." - Himchan yells back at Yongguk.

" Well, then it is not enough. You're being the trouble for the group." - For the first time, Yongguk also raises his voice.

Inside the dancing room, the dongsaes also sees their two oldest hyung fighting. This is definitely the first for them as Yongguk and Himchan are usually geting along well.

" Then tell me what else do I need to do so that it will be enough for you? I try my best but if it's not enough for you then what should I do? Should I leave then? " - Himchan's voice starts to get shaken.

" Do what ever you want, Kim Himchan. It's not my business. But remember you are still a member of B.A.P so be responsible for it." - Yongguk says without thinking.

Himchan is shocked at Yongguk's words. He can't believe that Yongguk would say those things to him. Yongguk's words have shattered all hope of reconcile with the team inside Himchan. Himchan coldly looks at Yongguk before he bows to the leader.  

" I understand. I'm sorry for my behavior recently. I promise to try harder. Don't worry." - Himchan then smiles brightly but his eyes contain no emotion at all.

Yongguk quickly realise what he just does to his best friend. Yongguk wants to say sorry but Himchan just simply pushes it away by saying it's okay. For some reasons, Yongguk feels that Himchan is going to disappear from his sight. But he quickly throws the thought away, after all Himchan is still here.

The members quickly retreat from the door as Himchan enters. Himchan smiles at his dongsaes and then formally bows to them, repeats the same thing he has just said to Yongguk. And without looking at any of them, Himchan silently warms up. Zelo is the first to approach Himchan but the man still happily smiles at the maknae. And yet, that smile creates an invisible wall between Himchan and the members. Yongguk also tries to talk to Himchan but before any one can say anything, Himchan cuts them off with telling them to start the afternoon practice. Just like that, Himchan practices with s without complaining. He just does what he is told to do with a smile on the face.

From then on, besides talking about the comeback, Himchan has stopped having daily conversations with the members. He never avoids them but he only answers when he is asked. The members are just feeling grateful that they are making process. The once cheerful Himchan is now like an iceberg sometimes. No matter what the members does, Himchan still smiles and jokes around, he just simply accepts everything related to work. But outside work, he barely starts a conversation, not to mention joking around with the members. Before it was always Himchan, who opens the conversation with everyone. But now beside works, Himchan barely say anything, even when they live together.   

This situation between Himchan and the members continues throughout the whole period of the new album promotion. Everyday, Himchan pretends to smile whenever there is a camera. Now it just becomes automatical for him to smile on TV, an extremely mechanical smile. When they are not on TV, at the dorm, in their dressing room or even in the van, Himchan always has earphone on. The maknae, Zelo still tries to approach his hyung from time to time, Daehyun also tries to joke around, Youngjae and Jongup are trying to take care of him by giving drinks or food and every time, Himchan thanks them with a smile. But somehow, they can all see how fake and pretentious his smile is right now. But Yongguk doesn't even realize that something is wrong. All he can think about is that Himchan is still here. As for Himchan, from that day, he does his best to smile and show that he is okay. But the words Yongguk said that day become Himchan's worst nightmare, which appears over and over again. He knows s are trying to make things better but now he is too tired to even try again. Just like that, Himchan smiles everyday with everyone, ignoring the growing pain inside his heart.

 

Everything is still fine until that day. The day B.A.P finishes their long promotion after the comeback and concerts, everyone decides to celebrate. The entire staffs decide to have celebration party, but Himchan politely declines and disappears before the members can grab a hold on him. Yongguk even tries to call Himchan's phone when the manager informs them that Himchan had gone out to meet up with his friend, but it's no good as the call isn't connected. Just then, Yongnam appears in his mind.

" Hello, Yongguk?"

" Yongnam hyung, is Himchan with you?" - Yongguk quickly asks.

" Well, I'm on my way to see him now. Why?"

" Where are you meeting? I want to talk with Himchan but I can't reach him. I need to talk to him. It's important." - Yongguk pleads his brother.

" Ok. We are meeting at the Han River."

" Damn it, Himchan. Why Yongnam? Why? I'm your best friend. I'm the one who is always next to you. But why are you going to him?" - Yongguk quickly grabs his coat and heads out to Han River. 

 

After hanging up with Yongguk, Yongnam sighs as he sees a lonely figure standing there in front of him. He doesn't know why but it seems that Himchan has gotten worse than the last time they met. When he receives the text message from Himchan, asking to meet up, Yongnam could already feel that something is wrong. But seeing the boy in person worries him even more.

" Hey, Himchan. Congratulation for the amazing comeback." - Yongnam calls out to the boy.

Himchan smiles sadly at the man. Yongnam doesn't say anything else, and simply stand next to him.

" Yongnam, if I disappear, do you think anyone would notice?" - Himchan stares into the darkness and randomly asks.

"  I would " - Yongnam looks at Himchan, trying to find a hint from his expression.

" Thanks. But I really hope no one would notice." - Himchan smiles at Yongnam.

" Don't smile, Himchan. Don't force yourself."

" Ha ha, how come you can always see through me? And we are not even that close until recently" - A tear starts to fall down. Himchan looks at Yongnam." You are always close to me, yet why you never realize, Yongguk? I'm really tired. Would you ever understand, Yongguk?"

All of sudden, Himchan can feel a sharp pain in his chest. Why? Even though he decides to give up on that man, yet just simple thought of him could bring Himchan so much pain. He lets the pain take over his body and before anyone could react, Himchan has fallen unconscious on the ground. Yongnam quickly dials the emergency number as he hold the fragile person in his arm.

" Himchan, please stay awake. Someone please help!" - Yongnam holds the boy closely.

" I'm tired, Yongnam. Sorry but I don't think I can keep this up anymore." - This is Himchan's final thought before he completely shut his eye and losing all the conscious.