Chapter Two

OCD Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My heart is beating fast. I’m sweating profusely. I tap my fingers repeatedly on the steering wheel as I wait for the traffic light to turn green. Tina just called me half an hour ago, she was trembling and stuttering, she sound so scared, she’s having an anxiety attack again. It’s been six months since her last one and that was because I accidentally slipped on the floor; I had a little bruise on my head which bled and she got so worried that she ended up having an anxiety attack. I don’t know what happened this time. I couldn’t make up the words she was saying when she called, she was crying too much.

“Oh God, won’t this light ever turn green!” I slammed my hand on the dashboard.

I’m just too worried about Tina. As soon as the traffic light turns green, I hit on the gas and speed up the car. I quickly parked the car in front of our house and ran inside. I opened the front door and I saw Tina shaking and crying on the floor. She’s hiding her face behind her knees looking down. I went near her.

“Tina, honey, what’s wrong?” I asked her.

She looked at me; her eyes are red and tears keep on falling down her cheeks, without a sign of stopping, she tried to speak as she opens but not a sound comes out, her head violently quivering. I pulled her close, hugging her tightly.

“I-I t-thought y-you left m-me. I c-could-dn’t find y-you when I-I w-woke up. I’m sorry Aom. I’m s-sorry. I-I’m s-sorry.” Tina said between her sobs. I know I left a note on our bedside table.

“I left you a note. It was on the bedside table. Didn’t you see it? I just went out to buy some of your medications. I’m sorry honey. I didn’t want to wake you up. I’m here now. I won’t leave. I love you Tina.” I hugged her tighter. I wiped her tears as I moved my lips from her cheeks and kissed her softly on her lips.

It took more than twenty minutes for Tina to finally calm down.

###

 

We’re now lying on our bed, facing each other. Tina reached to tuck my hair behind my ear and brushed her thumb along my cheeks; she continued to trace my eyebrows. I closed my eyes and I can feel the warmth of her breath.

Her soft lips touched my cheek as she whispered, “I love you. I love you. I love you Aom.”

I opened my eyes and smiled, her dark brown eyes staring back at me. I touched her face with the palm of my hand.

“I love you too Tina.” I said back to her.

“Please, don’t get tired of me Aom. Please don’t get tired of me.” Tina’s eyes look sad as she said it to me.

“No, I won’t. I think I should be the one telling you that. I know I have my mood swings but you never fail to be patient with me. You always take care of me. I need you more than you need me Tina, you should know that.” I hold her hand and kissed it.

“I know.” She said to me while she smiles teasingly.

“Ugh. You just ruined the moment Tina.” I let go of her hand and turned my back at her.

I heard her laughed behind me. I felt her hands wrapped around my waist and she laid her chin on my shoulder.

“I love you Aom.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter