Chapter Five

The Least Favourite
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Daesung cared about Seungri a lot more than he should. He really saw in him the little brother he never had.

He often wondered how things would be like if he was the maknae instead. He instantly drove the idea away. He wouldn’t be able to take the hyungs’ over teasing. They really drove Seungri to the edge at times. No wonder Seungri liked to keep his distance from them whenever he could.

“You’re lucky hyung,” Seungri told him one day wiping the cake Seunghyun hyung just smudged on his face. “You should thank me every day for being the maknae.”

“Hey!” Daesung protested. “It’s not like I don’t get my share from Seunghyun hyung.”

It was right then when Seunghyun hyung proved him right by chasing him and Seungri with a water pistol. Where did he get that from anyway?

Daesung and Seungri both ran. He was laughing while Seungri kept whining and letting Seunghyun hyung know that he didn’t like it one bit. Of course, that didn’t stop Seunghyun hyung from soaking them both. Jiyong hyung was filming the whole thing.

Daesung prayed to God, the incident won’t be uploaded on Instagram.

One night, Daesung couldn’t sleep. There was something nagging at his brain insisting to bug the heck out of him. He had no idea what’s the reason behind such a feeling and decided to watch some television to drive the ominous thoughts away.

It was late at night when he received the most frightening call in his entire life.

Seungri had an accident. He was in a critical condition.

Daesung froze unable to think straight. He didn’t even hung up the phone, he merely let it slip from his fingers crushing to the floor. The loud sound didn’t shake Daesung from his daze. He simply couldn’t process the piece of news he just received.

Seungri was in ICU… He had an accident… He’s struggling against death… Something that has to do with his liver…

Daesung wanted to jump from his apartment and drive to wherever Seungri was. He couldn’t breathe straight knowing that Seungri might never breathe again.

He didn’t know how he put his clothes and his shoes. He stood by the door calling his manager for a drive since he couldn’t freaking drive anymore.

“There’s no way you’re going to the hospital Daesung.” His manager said.

“What the hell are you talking about? Of course I am going!” Daesung rarely lost his cool with his manager but right now, he was ready to start a war. “If you’re not here in fifteen minutes, I will take a taxi.”

“Daesung listen to me,” his manager softened. “Seungri doesn’t need unwanted attention. There’s some controversy going on right now. If you and the others go, things will blow up very badly. Besides, there’s nothing you can do by going there. He’s in ICU. No one is allowed to see him.”

Despite shortly hating his manager, Daesung had to admit that he was right. His rush to the hospital will bring more harm than good.

With a heavy heart, Daesung released a tortured puff of air deciding to stay home for tonight. He logged in to internet in order to read some articles about Seungri’s accident and its updates. Daesung was immediately nauseated as soon as he saw Seungri’s wrecked car. It was in a very bad shape. How about Seungri then?

Please God, don’t let him be as bad as his car.

Daesung scrolled down to read the comments and wished he didn’t. It’s never a good idea to read those –he learnt that the hard way.

To his horror, some were even wishing for Seungri’s death. Daesung felt vomit in his mouth. He was disgusted with people who sit behind their desks to spit venom. Nothing can excuse such scums to wish death for another human being. They shouldn’t exist on the face of this earth.

Daesung was under the spell of a strong anger mixed with sadness. It was more depressing than any other time of his life. He thought he would never have that feeling of helplessness again. Now, it came to haunt him with passion. Daesung clutched his chest unable to take the strong current of devastating emotions. He had to remind himself that he needed to breathe.

Daesung didn’t sleep that night. He kept thinking about the possibilities of losing Seungri. It won’t only devastate the whole group but it will probably be the death blow for Daesung’s fragile emotional state. He simply couldn’t lose Seungri. Daesung won’t even think about that possibility.

It just wasn’t happening.

The next morning, Daesung headed to where Seungri was. He didn’t give a damn about his manager. Once he was in the hospital, Daesung couldn’t find the courage to go see Seungri. He learnt from Seungri’s parents that he was still in ICU and no visits allowed until he survives the critical state.

Seunghyun and Youngbae hyungs were there too. Jiyong was in Paris for a Fashion show. Daesung communicated with his hyungs in silence. He thought he would break down right here right now if he or any of them spoke.

They led him to Seungri’s room. As soon as Daesung stood in front of th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter