As dense as they come

Unlikely Love

  "Namjoon! Namjoonie, get up! It's snowing!!!" Jin yelled, jumping onto the bed and shaking Namjoon. In the past week, Jin and Namjoon had gotten much closer. They did everything together, went everywhere together. They were beyond best friends at this point. Over the days, Jin had realized that maybe it wasn't such a bad thing for his parents to kick him out. When he lived with them, all they cared about was "Making sure he was the proper man to inherit their company" he had never had time to actually make friends, have a good time, or just simply enjoy life. Now that he didn't have the pressure of the company weighing his shoulders down, he could really focus on loving life. He realized that he would've never met Namjoon if he hadn't gotten away from his parents. He never would've met Hoseok, Yoongi, and Jimin, which were now some of his best friends.

   "Jinnie, go back to sleep. It's too early for this." Namjoon replied, hugging his pillow tighter. Jin let out a frustrated sigh,

"Namjoonie, please get upppp. I wanna play in the snowwww." He whined like a little kid. Namjoon huffed a big breath of air before wrapping his arms around Jin's torso and pulling him down onto the bed. Jin flushed a dark red as he felt his face being pressed into Namjoon's neck. He slowly brought his arms up to wrap around Namjoon.

   "C-can we please go outside, Namjoonie?" Jin asked in the cutest voice he could muster up. He heard the taller let out a sigh and smiled brightly.

"Fine. Just give me a few minutes to get dressed, okay?" Namjoon said, standing up and walking towards his closet as he rubbed his eyes. Jin stood up, running over to Namjoon and giving him a tight back hug. A knock at the door broke the peaceful silence.

   "Ugh, I'll go see who it is so you can get dressed." Jin said, reluctantly letting go of Namjoon and walking out of the room, heading towards the front door. Jin didn't attempt at all to hide the disappointment on his face from not being able to watch Namjoon get dressed. He opened it and was immediately attacked in a hug which sent him falling to the ground.

"Jinnie, it's snowingggg!!!" Hoseok yelled into Jin's ear, hugging the older tightly.

   "Yeah I know. I had to wake Namjoonie up because I was so excited!" Jin replied, standing up and helping up Hoseok. The younger's bright and bubbly personality was infectious. He almost forgot what he was mad about in the first place as Hoseok's loud voice filled the entire apartment.

"I feel your pain. Yoongi here would not wake up for anything." Hoseok said.

    "Yeah, that is until he threatened to kiss me. I was wide awake after that." Yoongi added, walking into the house and closing the door behind him. Jin studied the short man, noticing the joking undertone of his words as he sat down on the couch of the small living room.

"Aww, I wish my Yoongi would stop playing so hard to get. He knows he secretly wanted me to kiss him." Hoseok teased, sending a kissy face towards Yoongi, earning a scowl from the older. Jin chuckled at his friends argument until Namjoon walked into the living room.

   "Yay! Let's go outside now!" Jin and Hoseok yelled at the same time, earning chuckles from the other two.
~
"Doesn't my Yoongi look so cute in his fluffy scarf?" Hoseok asked Jin as the two were working on building a snow man. Jin look back at Yoongi, who was busy talking about something with Namjoon.

    "Yeah, it looks really nice on him." Jin replied.

"I know right. I got it for him last Christmas. It took me forever to actually get him to put it on, but once he did, he just couldn't take it off." Hoseok said, smiling at the memory of when he and Yoongi were closer, when they weren't just roommates, but they were inseparable. Sure, by looking at them, you would assume that they were still like that. But truth is, that's only because Hoseok keeps them together. They used to be so close. There was even a time when Yoongi loved hanging out with Hoseok instead of being quiet and grumpy all the time. But that was before Hoseok confessed his love. Ever since he had told Yoongi, they had been sort of awkward. Hoseok wondered what had gone wrong, where HE had gone wrong. All he could do now was hope and pray that one day Yoongi could give him the love that he gives to the older every day. He knew how hard it was for the older to hear his confession, griping on about how awkward things would be. "What if we broke up." "What if something happened between us. Our whole friendship would be destroyed." "No offense, Hoseok. But I don't want to ruin what we already have by over complicating things with a relationship?" Hoseok sighed softly, putting his focus back onto the snowman and plastering the fake smile back onto his face.
~
  "So, how are things with Hoseok?" Namjoon asked, treading through the snowy streets with Yoongi, watching Hoseok and Jin, not too far away building a snow man.

"Eh, he's still as shameless as ever." Yoongi replied.

   "Is that really a bad thing? I don't know why you hide your feelings for him. What do you have to worry about? It's obvious he likes you back." Namjoon ranted. Yoongi let out a big sigh,

"It's not that easy for me. I've never felt this way towards...a guy. It just kinda freaks me out a little. Sure I've been with girls before, but that's different. I've never been with a guy. I'm just scared I'm going to screw it up or something and end up loosing my best friend. I couldn't live without Hoseok everyday, as annoying as he is." Yoongi explained, earning a sigh from Namjoon.

"Honestly, we all know Hoseok loves you. You would have to do something really ing stupid to screw it up. He practically worships the ground you walk on. But if you don't act on this, sooner or later, you are going to loose this opportunity for a good relationship. Just think about it, okay? It wouldn't be fair to either one of you to keep your feelings hidden. You should tell him." Namjoon said, patting his friend's back.

   "Those are some real smart words coming from a guy that doesn't even have his own love life together." Yoongi chuckled.

"What are you talking about?" Namjoon scratched his neck nervously.

   "Oh come on...We all know you like Jin. A lot. So don't even act like you don't, because I'm not falling for it. You're an open book when it comes to your feelings. Do you forget I've known you for years" Yoongi replied, looking over towards Jin.

"And you can tell he likes you back. I mean, have you seen the way that boy looks at you, Namjoon? If you really couldn't realize that he really likes you, then you Namjoon, are as dense as they come." Yoongi said.

    "Well, looks like we both have some stuff to sort out then, huh?" Namjoon laughed lightly, taking another look at the two child like men that were building a small snow man still.

***
  "Why do they keep looking over at us?" Hoseok asked, pointing towards Namjoon and Yoongi.

"Maybe they're talking about us." Jin wiggled his eye brows, earning a laugh from the other man.

   "I doubt Yoongi would be talking about me. If he was he would only be talking about how annoying I am. Lately Yoongi hasn't seemed the same. He's so distant. I don't know what I did wrong. Maybe I scared him off after I became so open about my crush on him-"

"Hoseok, I'm sure Yoongi is just in a tough place right now. When he's ready to talk about it, he will. But until then, keep being yourself. He hasn't left you yet, has he? So obviously you're doing something right." Jin said, patting Hoseok's back. At that moment, Jin's phone rang and he got up and walked away from Hoseok before answering his phone,

   "Hello?" He asked, not bothering to look at the person who had called.

"Hey, Jin!"
________
Yeet.
~Alyssa