It must be Fate

Glitzy Sobriety
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Truthfully, after that fateful meeting with the leader of Big Bang in California, Tiffany had started to see Big Bang almost everywhere she looked. From billboards to posters to CD’s to their faces on even freaking coffee cups and keychains. Or to be even more specific, she kept on seeing his face everywhere. Big Bang’s billboard—his face pops out, Big Bang’s posters—his impish grin catches her gaze, Big Bang songs—his raps make her pay attention. Well, him and Taeyang—but her interest in the Korean Usher was purely musical, that was all it was. Why couldn’t he be like that? It was seriously annoying!

She never asked for this teenage-girl syndrome, for Pete’s sake! In the end, she had begun to think that all this had even started to make her resent him and his group a little.

…Maybe not the group. Just him. Just a little.

It was petty resentment, not at all related to him as a person and human being, and she could never even begin to hate a person without reason. But Tiffany was at the limit, and this needed to stop, so she resolved to simply leave Big Bang as another group whose music she enjoyed, and with members she found intriguing. That was all it was. No more would she catch red hair and tilted lips and glitters and stares. No more.

Three weeks later, a glimpse of faded orange under flashing lights and all of that promptly went down the drain.

.

.

.

“What is he doing here?” Tiffany hiss-whispered, still sunken down on her seat with her knees almost knocking into the glass table between them.

Yuri snorted. “Yah, what kinda question is that?”

“I just…” she immediately started, but then stopped for a moment, “…I’m just surprised, that’s all.”

“Yeah. We can see that.” Hyoyeon said, still peering at her in amusement.

Glaring back at the blatant mocking and making a face back, Tiffany sat back up, reaching behind to untangle her hair. Breaking the eye contact intentionally, she looked back down at the dance floor. The crew had dispersed a little, the crowd not all together anymore and seemed like more or less most of the club-goers decided to leave them alone as well.

Apparently, it wasn’t just Jiyong who had come from Big Bang, but Seungri as well, whose jolt of ash blond hair was a visual shock from even where she was sitting. And none of them were dressed down for the particular occasion either, from what she could see from peering down at him like some sort of paparazzo. Them, she corrected herself in her mind, peering down at them.

Seungri seemed to be in an all-out black get-up, complete with silver plated boots and a faux leather jacket. Immediately after finishing that abrupt scanning of Seungri, her eyes automatically flitted to the person she actually wanted to scan form head to toe—with purely fashionable intentions, of course.

He was wearing a plain blood red shirt that had some sort of leopard print design at the shoulders and down the button strip that was half tucked in while the other pulled out haphazardly, probably to showcase his navy belt and something that looked like black jeans and leather loafers. On someone else, she was sure this outfit would be a catastrophe of pimp proportions, but magically but not surprisingly, looked really suave on him.

It really was unfair to everyone else in the whole wide world. Really. She wasn’t being biased at all.

At Yuri and Hyoyeon’s looks, she quickly averted her eyes from her ogling-but-not-really-ogling thing that was going on and downed the alcohol form the shot glass in front of her in one go, not even allowing herself to wince at the horrible, horrible taste.

“Why are you guys looking at me like I’m just gonna go be a fangirl around him right now?” Tiffany said, her face scrunching up in annoyance at their lack of faith in her. “Really, I know better than that. Fangirling is just for their music, not them in person. Honest.”

“Uh-huh,” Yuri scoffed, “that must be why your face just expressed low-key thirst for a certain red-head.”

“Low-key thir—!” she exploded, her face turning red at the preposterous accusation. She was just checking his outfit!

“I was just checking his outfit!”

“His outfit or what’s underneath it?” Hyoyeon quipped, laughing loudly at Tiffany’s sputtering.

“…You guys are really erted. And drunk. You both know which remark’s meant for you.” She finally retorted, giving a pointed look to both Hyoyeon’s smirk and Yuri’s glass.

“Yeah, whatever Tippany-chan! As long as you don’t go embarrass yourself in front of Big Bang, it’s all cool. We support your thirst; we’ve all been there!” Yuri said with a smirk quite loudly, her eyes glazing over again as the drinks she had started to register.

Tiffany’s eyes widened slightly at the volume, before taking away the glass in hand quickly while Hyo did absolutely nothing helpful, instead content munching on the snacks.

“I think you need to worry about yourself instead, Yul. Also, I am going to interrogate you about this everyone having been there business.”

“Well, of course everyone’s been there! They’re Big Bang, for Pete’s sake! Even our resident clubber here had a huge, well, something for their Rising Sun!” Yuri blabbered, giggling a little after saying it, probably from thinking about it.

At that, Tiffany smirked in—hah!—victory at Hyoyeon’s now panicked and slightly embarrassed face. Yuri may be annoying when she was drunk, but she was also a blabber-mouth drunk. That was very rare in the group, so Yuri while drunk was usually always taken advantage of. She could always, always count on Yuri to unintentionally be on her side.

“…Really now.”

“W-what the hell are we sitting around here? Let’s go dance, huh?” Hyoyeon nervously laughed as she downed a drink and abruptly got up.

“Don’t think you’ve escaped from this! You hear me?” she yelled a bit and grinned in amusement as Hyoyeon simply walked—more like ran—away from there and headed to the dance floor, pointedly away from the much-talked about crew.

Shrugging, Tiffany also followed at a more sedate pace; Hyoyeon’s decision worked out for her perfectly since she didn’t really want to run into them either. The awkwardness and nervousness and something else form her last encounter with G-Dragon—it’s Jiyong, Tiffany—still rang clear in her mind and she didn’t exactly feel up to it tonight.

Seriously, any k-pop fan would’ve thought that the famous rumoured SM-YG feud between its artists was actually true with the way they were acting. Little would they know that it wasn’t exactly rivalry that kept them away from those particular YG artists. But who would believe that anyway? Rivalry sells more.

However, she couldn’t really help herself as her gaze kept on slipping to the other side of the club, or even when she would strive to catch sight of dull orange glinting under neon blue through arms in the air and hair swinging around. Not even when she would listen for loud, rambunctious laughter, because honestly that was what they were—loud and rambunctious. She couldn’t help herself at all.

At all.

It was pretty disorienting, actually. What happened to forgetting about being a fangirl, Tiffany kept on asking to herself constantly, but then her eyes would start moving and the loop would begin again.  The music was loud, the lights were flashing, and it was like a trance. How many people does he affect like this, she wonders belatedly as she moved her body to the beat of the music booming.

She didn’t know how much time had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter