The First Conversation

Glitzy Sobriety
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiffany felt her nose scrunch up a little as she felt the fabric between her fingers. It was slightly scratchy, and the gold fibres looked like it would start falling off after wearing it one or two times. Sighing resolutely, she turned away from that particular rack and strolled over to the next one, intent on finding some vintage item that could very well become the next trend.

The store was spacious, but not in the sense that screamed out luxury and money, but instead in the way that could actually store the amount of clothing items being stored. Racks upon racks gleamed in the bright light, highlighting the clothes of all shapes and colours, in no way organized. But she supposed that was the beauty of the place. Normally, such a disorganized space would’ve killed her inside and make her turn away, but since she knew the amount of treasures hiding away, she simply learnt to deal with it. Shopping was always like a treasure hunt for her, and this particular store in California simply made it all too true.

Tiffany had come to California alone, without any manager, or stylist or any of her members. It was her own time off to meet her family and simply relax without worrying much about impending work. She figured she deserved it, as did all the others, since Girls’ Generation finally finished all their group promotions for the year or two. Now all that was left was finishing the TaeTiSeo Christmas Album for her and that was for December. Before that, Taeyeon still had to put out her solo album. While she really wanted the kid leader to take a break too instead of running herself ragged this way, Taeyeon was determined to make this year her year musically. And really, in front of a drive like that, who was she to become an obstacle? 

Manicured fingers lightly trailed over all the items—a red sequined scarf, a yellow pashmina, leather accented hat, a black skirt with hem in bright copper—until she picked out a full-sleeved pastel shirt with light lace ts that she just knew would complement her peaches and cream complexion and make her wrists look extra delicate. All in all, just her style.

Her cart was already filled with many pieces, some for herself, but most for the rest of her members and her family. She had found a tie-dye scarf lying around that was perfect for Michelle and a pair of leather bracelets for Leo and Rachel. As for the others, so far she’d found an electric blue leather jacket for Hyo, a white and silver windbreaker for Hara, a pair of delicate gold earrings for Joohyun and pumps for Yuri. She still had time for the rest of the shopping, she figured.

Grabbing her shopping bag, she moved forward to some of the other racks. Looking at her watch, she reckoned she had about twenty minutes more to spend here before having to go meet some of her other childhood friends. Also, she noticed how the store was slowly becoming more populated. It wasn’t an unknown shop, after all, and it was sometime in the afternoon—the peak time for shopping.

“Excuse me miss, do you need any help?” a worker with brown eyes and severely gelled hair asked politely, extending an arm towards her shopping bag. Eyes lighting up with relief, she handed it over.

“Thank you. Could you please keep it at the counter?”

At his nod, she flashed a smile in his direction before pivoting over to where she was. However her attention was diverted by a man searching through clothes two racks away from her. He had someone else with him too, who seemed to simply be there for the sake of being there, not doing anything. On the other hand, the guy who caught her attention was raiding the racks thoroughly with careful examining and enough nonchalance to his actions that almost seemed to cover up that fact. He almost completely kept on disregarding most clothes in the collections, until one instantly caught his eye and more often than not, the chosen ones were either really ostentatious or really plain. It seemed like he only operated on extremes. Still, it wasn’t this odd fact that caught her eyes, but the fact that he was a Korean. In fact, both of them were.

This had put her a little on edge, as it was a higher possibility that they may recognize who exactly she was. Of course, she wasn’t really expecting that to happen, but the possibility was always there, no matter how small.

Well, that, and the presence he somehow excluded. he just seemed to be an important person with the way he held himself. 

 Then she caught the tufts of pale red hair till seen from under the beanie he was sporting. That made Tiffany stop a bit from completely turning away. Why did that hair seem so familiar? He was also not that tall, but then again, Korean people weren’t exactly known for their height. Oh God, she really had to stop staring at him before he caught her but it was like she couldn’t unless she could figure it out. But somehow her mind was blank.

That was until the guy turned a bit to talk to the guy beside him. Eyes widening in recognition and realization, she abruptly spun around. Eyes still wide, the realization melted away to confusion and disbelief. No wonder that hair looked so familiar. No wonder he was being such a picky shopper.

What the hell is G-Dragon doing in L.A?

This was the only thing running through Tiffany’s mind as she superstitiously pulled her hood up to cover up her face. Of course, it wasn’t the only thing—things like the leader is here, G-Dragon and I shop in the same store! And that one oddball thought of wow, he really shouldn’t have picked out that last shirt, also ran through her mind, but that question was blinking brightly in LED lights in the forefront of her mind.

Biting her lip, she blew away a stray strand of hair once she realized what exactly she was doing. She was on the way to fangirling. Again. That would definitely not do.

Logically, since she was a hoobae and he was the sunbae, she should go and greet him. Should being the operative word here. But that a lot easier said than done, she couldn’t help but whine internally. Really, should this be so awkward? It’s not like he wouldn’t recognize her! Or would he?

chewing on her lip, Tiffany worried internally again now that that worry was in her head. What was up with her? Of course he’d reco

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter