A past to remember part 1 - Yoomi

The Story of A.B.C

 

 “Noona, hyung is in the TV” Yoohwan called from the living room.

“Oeh” Yoomi the TV while cooking breakfast for her father and younger brother.

“Mmh smells good” their father entered the kitchen “I’m sorry sweetie, but I have a very important meeting, so I won’t be able to eat breakfast with you today” he said.

“Ah! Kwenchana appa! But at least” she handed him a piece of white bread with jam “eat this on your way” she continued. He nodded and was about to leave.

“APPA!” she yelled with the sweetest voice, he turned around facing her, she fixed his tie.
“Now you can leave” she said with a bright smile, he smiled and left.

Yoomi went into the dining room and settled the table with the breakfast she had prepared.
“Yoohwan-ah, come eat breakfast” she called him

He joined her by the table, “Hyung is doing really great it seems” he commented.
“Yes, it seems so” Yoomi agreed.

After breakfast and after sending Yoohwan off to school, she went up to her room. She found her already packed suitcase that she had hidden. She padded it a few times and sighted. She took the suitcase downstairs and put it in the hallway.

She went back to the kitchen and cleaned up after the breakfast. After cleaning the kitchen, she continued on cleaning the living room and bathrooms even the bedrooms she cleaned. After finishing she went up to her own room and sat down by her desk.

She found some paper, a pen and an envelope. She started scribbling something down on the papers. She folded the letter neatly and put it in the envelope, on the envelope she wrote ‘My dearest dongsaeng… Thank you!”
She went into Yoohwan’s bedroom and placed the envelope on his desk.

She went back to her room and changed into clean clothing, she wore a chick beige dress with black sleeves and open shoulders. She laid a natural make-up with lots of black eye-liner and pulled loosened her hair. She took her big black shoulder back with tons of chains and stuffed her phone, wallet, her small make-up bag and the tickets into it and went downstairs.

Yoohwan’s classes had ended and Yoomi had promised to pick him up after school.
She went out the hallway, took her car keys from the bowel. She wore her black wedges and grabbed the suitcase and went out to her car. She opened the trunk and placed her suitcase in there then closed again and then went over to the driver seat and got in.

She arrived at Yoohwan’s school; he stood in the entrance with his friends and waited. Yoomi went over to him with her hands in her pocket.

“Hey guys” she smiled and waved.

“Hey Jen, how are you” they asked.

“I’m good thanks, you too?” they nodded
“That’s good! Ehm Ricky… I need to speak with you” she said. He nodded, said bye to his friends and went with her.

-----------------------------------

“WHAT!” 
“Noona…! You… are you really going back to Korea?” Yoohwan asked shocked.

“Oeh, I have too!” she answered “I’m really sorry that I have to leave you behind, but I really have to do this. I will make sure to earn enough money so neither you or appa will have to take a loan again, I will take responsibility for the two of you… I promised oppa that when he went back.”

“I see” he said silently “But what about appa?”

“He already knew… I just wanted to tell you myself” she replied.

“But why so late? I mean if you’re leaving today, why didn’t you tell me before?”

“I’m sorry I couldn’t… I’ll explain later” she promised.
“But I was hoping you would drive me to the airport” she said with a smile.

He nodded “But what about your car”.

“It’s yours”, he looked at her surprised, she just smiled and threw the keys to him, he catch them in the air and smirked. Yoomi looked at him and a bright smile appeared on her lips, he looked just like their older brother.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Yoohwan and Yoomi reached the airport; both of them went out of the car. Yoohwan went behind the car and opened the trunk, he too Yoomi’s suitcase out and placed it on the ground then closed the trunk again. Just as she was about to take it, he grabbed it and started walking, she stood still and looked at him, then she just laughed and followed him inside.

“Noona I’m hungry…” he said in a pitiful voice.

Yoomi smiled, “Okay, let’s find something to eat before I check in… My treat!” she said and stuck her thump up. Yoohwan smiled and laughed.

They went over to a small café and ordered sandwich and coffee.

“Noona I just thought of something… Now that you’re going back to Korea… where will you live?” he asked curiously, “And what will you do in Korea study or work??”

 “Ah, I already got a studio apartment, and I’m going to study” she tried to satisfy his curiosity.
“I got accepted into KyungHee University, I’m going to study theatre and dance there” she said with a smile, he nodded and smiled.

She looked at her watch, “I’m sorry Yoohwan-ah… I need to check in now” she said sadly and looked at him. He looked up at him and rose from his seat; he went over to her sight and grabbed her arm. He was a lot taller and stronger than her. He pulled her up from her seat and pulled her into his arms.

“I’m going to miss you noona…” he said and sobbed. Even though he always seemed though, when it came to separations, he was the biggest crybaby ever. They hugged each other tightly as they said bye to each other.

Yoomi went up the stairs to the check-in, she looked back Yoohwan was standing in front of the staircase waving at her with teary eyes. He kept standing there waving till she was out of sight. He sighted and slowly walked out to the car. He sat down on the front of the car waiting for the plane to depart.

“Bib bib” it came from his phone, he took it out of his pocket it said *World greatest Noona<3*, he opened the message and read it;
*Yoohwan-ah… Noona is going to miss you a lot<3
When you get home you’ll see an envelope on your desk, read it, and share it with appa…
Pinky promise kay!!!
I’ll send lots of presents for you and appa when I get settled
I promise…
Remember to do your homework and work hard at school… 
Noona loves you, kiss kiss
I’m turning off my phone now, we’re about to take off
I’ll call you when I get there
See ya, give kissed from me to appa*

A tear slipped down his cheek as he read the message.

“Babo noona” he mumbled to himself and smiled.
He looked up at the sky; he could see the plane taking off.

“NOONA… TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOURSELF, SAY HI TO HYUNG FROM ME… I LOVE YOU NOONA!!!!” He yelled as high he could, hoping for her to hear it. He smiled and went back home.