Kim Seokjin

This is Life
kim seokjin. 

“Well all you have to do is walk your dog every day to exercise his swollen feet. Don’t make him run too much, okay? His left foot is pretty injured because of the heavy fall.”

“Alright doc, thank you!” the young boy named Jaehyun said, smiling widely at me while taking his dog from the small bed and left the clinic right after paying.

That was the last one for this morning and it’s my lunch break.

Moving on, while I was buying my lunch at the cafeteria, my assistant approached me.

“Mr. Kim, there’s an emergency!!!” He said, catching for his breath. My calm self turns to panic mode real quick, I don’t really know what’s happening and it looks really urgent. Jeongmin will never call me unless there’s a dog or cat accident and he will never call me unless someone died.

I hope I’m just over reacting, I hope no one died. Even if it’s a dog or a cat.

I didn’t care if it’s already my turn in the line, I ran back to the clinic with Jeongmin without asking and knowing the reason what’s up with the panic.

“Mr. Kim, I’m so sorry for panicking without telling you anything. Please head to the hospital now, Mrs. Kim is about to give birth.”

To give birth….

Give me three seconds.

What?! I’m going to be a father for real! My first baby is coming out!

I never felt something like this before.

Happiness mixed with nervousness, anxiousness and more emotions.

I didn’t waste a single second so I drove myself to the hospital and went straight to the delivery room.

There, I saw my wife having a hard time and I just kissed her forehead, whispering

“You can do it, I love you.”

After some minutes, I already heard the sound of a crying newborn baby. It was just like yesterday when I was asked, how many kids do I want? Should it be a girl first or a boy? It was just like yesterday when I was still dreaming of a family and I thought it will never happen. Those dreams yesterday are now in front of me with the person I love the most.

It’s wonderful. Even the toughest guy here on earth will cry.

Now I understand why parents love their child or children so much.

Something you can’t explain but it feels like there’s a thing inside your chest that is bursting.

It feels like everything stopped.

I’m going to treasure you forever, my everything, Kim Jiyoung.