Community Service

Transfer Student

(A/N: I'm really sorry for the really late update!! I just had a really busy school life and a really bad writers block! A long update though!! CAN AUTHOR NIM BE FORGIVEN? But 80+ suscribers currently! I don't deserve this!! THANK YOU!!) 

------------

Yoongi wasn't exactly the most energetic person you'll find in Bighit nor was he an earlybird for all his classes. But that was not what pulled the last straw of Mrs Kim.

-rewinds to earlier that day-

"Eric Nam... Okay here.... Lee Jaehwan... check... Min Yoongi...Min Yoongi?... aish... Min Yoongi that boy's hardly in class!"

As if on cue, the class door slowly opened revealing a messy mint haired boy in his bed clothes and a bag slung lazily over his right shoulder as he took his time to slowly amble to his seat at the back of the class.

"Min Yoongi. Present."

The latter yawned.

"Typical, Min Yoongi."

Mrs Kim muttered as she let that incident go.

-----------

"The quadratic equation of p (x) is-"

Krrrghh.

The class was rudely interrupted by loud obnoxious snoring.

"Who the... Min Yoongi!!!!!"

"Huh... what?"

Realising that it was just Mrs Kim, Yoongi decided not to care and laid his head back down for 45 more precious minutes of sleep.

'I bet he went to bed at 4 in the morning and woke up at 7. That bloody rascal needs to sleep!'

Mrs Kim thought while cracking her knuckles.

But, she was nice enough to let that slide.

-

The bell rang. That meant the toturous math class has finally ended for the day.

Before Yoongi left the class, long fingers tightly grasped onto Yoongi's shoulders, disallowing him from leaving the class.

"Min Yoongi."

It was the voice Yoongi oh-so-loved to hear on a Monday morning.

"Yes, mam?"

"Where is your exercise 1 from 3 weeks ago, excercise 2 from 2 weeks ago and excercise 4 from yesterday?"

"You see mam, my family has alot of dangerous animals and God knows why they bought that damned Rottweiler. And..."

"It ate your homework?"

Mrs Kim asked unimpressed.

"Of course Mrs Kim that's why they hired you! Such wisdom, I wouldn't have guessed it!"

"Of course you wouldn't. If you had enough smarts in you, you wouldn't have used that dog-ate-my-homework excuse."

"Great...now if you excuse me I have a very important meeting to attend to during lunch."

Mrs Kim could have swore he felt her own vein pop in her forehead.

"I HAVE HAD IT MIN YOONGI! DAYS AND DAYS OF YOUR PRIDE AND ARROGANCE. Even the detention teachers can't stand your face!"

Yoongi actually flinched at the usually boring teacher's rage rant.

"That is why, I have decided that you should do some community service."

Mrs Kim calmed herself down.

"Community service? What's that?"

The only thing that Yoongi knew about community service was crummy nurses with their fictitious smiles trying to convince terminal patients that they might have a spark of hope to live. Was that even community service?

"Community service is like doing something beneficial for a certain community for example, now if I asked Min Yoongi to help the school, the school would benefit greatly. See? Community service or do you need me to say it in layman terms?"

"Hmm...thanks I'm good."

Yoongi returned the sacarstic smile.

"You'll be the buddy of the new transfer student. Guiding him around the school and be there to aid him in any way possible."

Just by hearing it, Yoongi could already feel the yawn coming out from his system.

"This requires you to always be 30 minutes early for homeroom. Therefore, 100% initiative, 200% punctuality and 300% alertness for anything you do. See? COM.MU.NITY.SER.VICE."

"What?! Son of a-"

"Language. Now, go your new buddy is waiting outside."

Yoongi curiously peered through the gap of the ajar classroom door to see a glimpse of orange hair.

"I'll get you back."

Yoongi glared at Mrs Kim before leaving.
------------

"Name's Yoongi."

Yoongi limply lifted up his hand for a handshake without bothering to spare a glance at his new buddy.

"I heard you are from the year above me so, it's nice to meet you Yoongi-hyung. My name is Jimin!"

Jimin shook his hand and bowed too enthusiastically.

'His hands are soft...?'

Yoongi thought.

When he finally looked at Jimin, he needed a while to take in all the beautiful features of the mystical creature in front of him.

"You know what Jimin, how about you go to the cafeteria first and I'll meet you there alright I have a 'problem' to solve real quick."

Yoongi played it cool and made his way to the men's bathroom.

Jimin innocently shrugged and did as what he was told to find his way to the cafeteria.

---------

"Hyung!"

A pink haired man's eyes met a dishevelled Taehyung and a smirking Jungkook.

"What happened?"

He asked, concerned.

"He screwed up, big time...ow..."

Jungkook winced at the painful smack he received from his glaring classmate, whose face was currently turning redder every moment the conversation went on.

"As I was saying..."

Jungkook glared back at him.

"Taehyung over here, made a very bad first impression in front of the new transfer student. And everytime Jimin asked him a question he'll answer 's..same' or stutter all the way."

"Transfer Student?"

"Yep, first in seven years and Mr Bang really hit the jackpot this time."

Jungkook used his thumb to point behind the pinkette, he did what he was told and for the first time, he could actually relate to how Taehyung felt.

He looked at Jimin with a type of dazed horror, actually, rather than horror it was more of amazement.

"Namjoon Hyung?" Jungkook waved his hand over the man's eyes. "Great! Now we have two idiots."

Namjoon places his forefinger on Jungkook's mouth to shut him up but eyes still looking in Jimins direction. He never knew that anyone in the world could be this good-looking.

Finally, he plucked up his courage and stood up, preparing to walk towards the Orange haired boy and completely ignoring Jungkook offensive words like. "I'm pretty sure I'm the real Hyung here." Or "Hey Genius, what the... do you think you're doing?"

Namjoon wasn't exactly the best at picking up people but he did know how to make a strong impression. Skilfully, he whipped out his library card.

"Hey."

Successfully gaining the shorter male's attention who turned around to face the pinkette.

"I'm a librarian."

Namjoon lied.

"And, I think you dropped your library card, do you mind following me back to the library, because I don't mind checking you out."

Jimin blushed uncontrollably, Jungkook facepalmed and Taehyung felt like his embarassment in class was incomparable with what Namjoon has just said.

However, Namjoon felt no shame, right when Jimin was going to reply, he felt himself get pinned against the wall. That's when he realised that Namjoon's face was barely an inch apart from his and was showing his infamous dimple smirk.

"What are y...you doing?"

All of a sudden, Jimin felt someone yank him out of Namjoon's grip and protectively embraced him.

"What the hell do you think you're doing? Harassing this... hot new kid?"

He Jimin's chin.

"Leave him alone, I found him first... Yoongi."

Namjoon spat in disgust at his arch enemy. Min freaking Yoongi.

He was always trying to steal Namjoon's spotlight, whether it's in rap or studies and he was so not prepared to let him steal this once in a lifetime opportunity with this majestic creature who was currently captured by an evil monster, in Namjoon's eyes.

"Actually, Joonie."

Namjoon cringed at the awfully cheesy nickname.

"I found him first and you know what's better? I am this boy's BUDDY for his whole school life!"

Yoongi rubbed it in Namjoon's face and dragged Jimin away, leaving a battled pink monster.

"What was that about?"

Jimin asked oh-so-innocently.

"Well, you have to know something Jimin, in this school there are nice people, take me for example, charismatic, strong, bold..."

Yoongi narcisstically listed out praises for himself. Which made Jimin playfully roll his eyes.

"And... bad people, take Namjoon for example."

He pointed to the male who was currently scheming a full length plan on how he and his group of friends should get back at Yoongi.

"Means that, I can't talk to him?"

"You can if it was completely necessary but you should not get too close with him."

"Oh..."

Jimin unknowingly pouted and fiddled with his fingers.

"Cute."

Yoongi smirked, which made the latter pout even more and blush uncontrollably.

If this was Community Service, boy did Yoongi want to donate all his savings to a Charity ASAP.