Small world

Steps to love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Why do nights go by so fast when all you want to do is have a good rest? Nine am again and all I want to do is stay in bed. But guess who missed a day at work yesterday? Yeah, me.
First things first, checking my eyes in the mirror. Dark circles? Yup. Get me some BB cream. Puffy eyes? Absolutely. I look as if I were some sort of very allergic person.

Maybe not that much. Hello BB cream, can’t do this without you today.

Do I have time for breakfast? Mom is here (and she’ll want to talk about yesterday).
No, I don’t have time for breakfast then.

I try not to think about yesterday, as I put on my apron and fix my hair.

I fight myself and try not to look for that new girl he’s seeing. It’s none of my business. It’s nothing I should worry about now.

I felt someone tugging my apron, and turned to see a bubbly girl, blushing. ‘Hi’, she said politely, ‘I was hired yesterday, and the young man over there said you would be my instructor for the day’. I turned to my cousin, and he lifted his fist in encouragement. I smiled warmly to this girl, who seemed to sweet to be even possible. ‘My name is Ying’, I began, ‘I work here during breaks from the university’. She nodded energetically.
- I’m Kim Soojin - She smiled – Nice to meet you. I hope to learn a lot from you. This is my first job ever.
- Ok then – I smiled back, a bit worried – it’s really not such a big deal. Since you are new, you will follow me around during the first half of the day. Then you can start working by yourself
- Alright. So do you want me to just follow you or can I take notes?
- Take notes?
- Well the guy at the counter said you are the daughter of the owner so I imagine you are very good at this
- I am not. I mean I’m just a regular waitress – I shrugged – I don’t see how I can be perfect at this just by being Mr. Wang’s daughter
- But you are also so pretty and all that. I think you must do great in here
- Thanks, Soojin.
Turns out Soojin is a 18 year old who has just began college, so she’s incredibly eager to do things. I’m not way older but I think, with more years of education you turn into this tired-by-default being. It’s either that or the permanent state of sadness I’m in.

‘You are quite fast at what you do’, Soojin said, as we sat outside and had something to eat during our break. I shrugged ‘It’s just I’m used to that. You’ll get to work by yourself now and I’m sure you’ll do great’. Soojin chuckled ‘I will!’, she said.
- So what do you with your life? – she asked after a while
- I’m a student. I’m majoring in arts.
- That’s very interesting. I wish I could do that too, but my parent

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter