Mothers always know

Steps to love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Looking at the time, I still can manage to work a short shift at the café. I turned to walk in that direction, when I saw a familiar face sitting on a bench, facing the river. It was the guy from yesterday, Nara’s ex boyfriend. I kept walking, and right when I passed in from of him, he stretched his leg, making me stop right in front of him. ‘I went to the coffee shop to give this back to you’, he began, wiggling the umbrella. I couldn’t look at his face. ‘But you weren’t there. I waited for two hours’.
Awesome. He said he’d go to the shop, and I forgot about it. I had it in my mind the whole morning, and then I forgot.
‘Here it is’, he said, extending it for me to grab it.
I took the umbrella and muttered ‘I’m sorry I wasn’t there today. Thank you for returning the umbrella, I hope it helped you to escape from the rain’. I kept looking down. For some reason, I really didn’t want him to see my face.
- There must be a good reason why you’d miss a day from work – He said – Mr. Wang only has responsible workers at the coffee shop.
- Mr. Wang is my dad. I work there just to help him – I answered – I have to go
He stood up and lifted my chin with his index finger. ‘You shouldn’t go with that face to your house. Now that I know Mr. Wang is your dad, I sure know he won’t be happy seeing you like this’. I shook my head so he would let me go, and insisted. ‘I have to go. Thanks for the umbrella, even though it doesn’t really belong to anybody’.
I turned, and I heard him say ‘I’m Choi Seunghyun, by the way’, he said.
I turned back and smiled, kept walking.

When I got home, my dad was wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter