[5] Her, Then and Now

Curious Crimson and His Charcoal Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Ö

 

 

When They Hold Forever in Their Palms

 

It all didn't make sense to him, until she starts talking about him in an odd, familiar way. Like she had known him a long time ago. The tone that she used is unfamiliar, like how subdued she sounds, and calm and toned down, when she has always been nothing but playful, childish, and bursting in colours.

Yet somehow, it strangely rings the bell in his head, how he used to hear that tone. That voice, that sadness in her voice. That little frown he could hear in her voice. And the memories come, filling in the empty space in his head like water being poured straight from the Niagara falls, fast and surging and painful. and it is all too much to accept at the moment. He could feel tears sprung up to his eyes, as waves and tidals of feelings bulk up in his heart, rolling and expanding itself and crushes him in a tsunami of mixed up emotions.
 

"Hey, Jongin. I wonder what will I do when I grow up..."

"Why the need to wonder? There are so many things to do and love in the world,"

"But too little, to be able to put food in the table, Jongin,"

"It was never about money, Yoona. You should never think like that."

 

Ö

 

"Please stop ,Yoona. I'm here, please stop I'm begging you, I don't want to see you like this,"

"I can't stop the pain, Jongin. You can't. Nobody can,"

"No, I can. And I would, and I will never leave you to suffer this pain alone."

 

Ö       

   

"I love you, Yoona,"

"Really?"

"There's no need to lie. Then?"

 "Then what?"

"Then do you love me?"

"Yes,"

"Yes what?"

"You are being so stubborn,"

"I need your answer.."

"Pst. You are so easy to tease,"

"......."

"Yes, I love you Kim Jongin, and I will look for you across a thousand world in my next life, and the life after. Now, stop frowning and kiss me,"

"Hey, how come you sound more romantic than me?! It feels as if our roles are being switched over! I'm the guy here!"

"Oh, darling. You know that I have always been a smooth talker, more than you are."

 

Ö


 
Tears glide down to his face, and he could taste the bitterness of his tears as he gulps down his confusion, his anger, his pain. He wonders, if his tears taste bitter for the bitterness in his heart. He stands there, shoulders shaking, trying to hold in the droplets of emotions to rain on his face that should never be touched by tears, because Kim Jongin doesn't cry out of love for a girl. He was never a passionate lover, or so he thought.
 
"Im Yoona, why the didn't you tell me?!" It seems as if a ghost has scared the life out of her, as she gasps and turns her head t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter