[1] Her

Curious Crimson and His Charcoal Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

6 Years After; His First Autumn that Lasts until Today

Jongin is imperfect. He tried, hurted his hips, broke his arm, and then he would mend himself and keep trying and trying again, until the flaws become invinsible to people's eyes.

More power, more twists, more spins, more jumpings, more pirrouettes

It's still there, he whispers to himself as the claps get louder and louder, the red curtain coming to a closure, shadowing him from the astounded audience. 

The flaws, they are still there. Jongin doesn't listen to people and keeps hurting and blaming himself, that he didn't practice enough. Jongin is just like that, constantly finding flaws in each thing that he does.

"You did a great job, Jongin," a hand lands on his shoulder as his dancing partner pulls him into a hug. 

A small smile forms on his lips. "Thanks, Soojung. You were great, too."

"Oh God, what's with the weak smile, Jongin?" A playful punch lands on his shoulder, and he forces another sheepish smile as he rubs his shoulder. "You should let loose, Jongin. Are you coming to the after party?"

He shakes his head, as they head together to their separate dressing rooms. "Not this time, I've got some things to take care of. Besides, you know too well that I never really enjoyed those parties." He replies solemnly, leaving Soojung shaking her head as he walked in to his dressing room.

Never in her life she saw a ballerino (for one, passionate and thriving) like Jongin to be so indifferent, to things involving alcohol, and girls, and flashy lights, and pumping music. Boys should be interested in these kinds of things, and it irritates her how Kim Jongin is not like any other boys. And it ticks her off also, how she is attracted to a guy, too complex to be comprehended.

 

Ö

 

10:30 pm

Jongin pushes away tresses of black locks from his face after he glanced at the clock hanging by the wall. He had chosen to reject soojung's offer to come to the after party and chose to practice, until he feels like he couldn't stand anymore.

It must be funny. Because, despite being the main act of the whole performance, somehow he dislikes the part of celebration, as he doesn't feel the least bit satisfied by his performance. For a moment, he feels guilty that he might be returning the kindness of the crews and fellow ballerina/os around him in the wrong way. but then, his voice has never been a match with them anyway. and, by him practicing just after the show, is him wanting to show an even better performance. not only for him, but for everyone, who worked hard for the show to be a success.

Beads of perspiration lurk by his skin, as he comes into a closure of his whole ballet piece. He sees a reflection of himself, lean yet toned body with eyes of determination to reach for perfection. Scars and bruises here and there don't matter, as long as it will be worth it. They are reminders, of days staying in practice rooms with noodle cups and coffee to keep him company, when he found it bothe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter