2 - Fire

Fighting for you.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunjung kneeled down in front of the lake and plunged her hands a second in the cold water. Then she stood up and walked towards the unconscious body of the young firebendner, sitting again next to her.
After noticing that the girl was still breathing, Eunjung decided to bring her in a more secure place and heal the wounds with the rare power she mastered.
Bringing the wet hands on the big wound on Hyomin's stomach and arm, Eunjung closed her eyes and took a deep preath, feeling the energy flow right in her hands. Healing a human required much time and energy. It wasn't simple like it seemed and Eunjung was a bit confused for her own actions. How can she just use her energy and time to heal a girl from the Fire Nation? She hated them all, right? 
Eunjung opened her eyes, remaining with her concentration still on her hands and on her power. Bringing her gaze on the red haired girl's face, she observed her for the first time in all her details. The waterbendner couldn't deny that this girl was beautiful; her doll like features, like the little nose and those soft pink lips, made her appear so innocent and fragile. But Eunjung saw her fighting, and this girl is far away of being like that.
Suddendly Hyomin moved slightly, making escape from her lips a little groan of pain. Eunjung was so immersed in that beautiful face of her that she startled a bit from this suddend movement.

Slowly Hyomin opened her eyes, even if she couldn't focus well all that was around her.
"O-oh, you're awake." mumbled Eunjung while Hyomin closed her eyes once again, furrowing her brows. She was wondering who's the owner of this sweet voice next to her and, when she opened her eyes again, finally she could see. The firebendner couldn't deny the relief she felt to see the young girl she saved, next to her. She was still alive.
"...you are alive." whispered Hyomin, her voice still weak. Again she had to let out a groan of pain and her back arched when Eunjung intesified the healing power. 
"I'm sorry, it'll hurt a bit. But you'll feel better in a bit, don't worry." Eunjung's soft voice ringhed in the air. It was getting late and the sun was setting behind the dense forest.
Hyomin remained in silence for a moment, looking at the young girl next to her and she was asking herself how old she was. Maybe the same age as her? In any case, she found Eunjung really cute; short dark blue hair that cupped her face perfectly, snow white skin, pretty facial features. But what the most attracted Hyomin where her eyes. This light blue color of her iris.
"Is there something on my face?" asked Eunjung after noticing that the girl was looking too deeply at her. Hyomin blinked twice when she came back to her senses and cleared her troath, visibly embarassed for this awkward moment.
Instead of answering her, the injured girl decided to change topic.
"Isn't the healing power something that just a few whaterbendner can master?" asked the red haired girl, furrowing her brows once again when Eunjung intensified the power even more. 
"That's right." the short haired girl nodded with a concentrated expression on her face, not leaving the hands from abow Hyomin's wounds.
Again silence. It was strange, both girls had so many things to ask, but none of the two was speaking. Maybe because Eunjung was to concentrated in healing and maybe because Hyomin was too immersed in trying to contain her groans of pain, biting her lower lip.
After other fiteen minutes, the exausted waterbendner put her hands down saying "Now you should be fine." bringing then a hand to wipe the sweat from her forehead away. 
"Thank you..." mumbled Hyomin with her soft voice, putting herself in a sitting position. She was feeling already better, even if the pain was still there, but minimal. 
Eunjung didn't say a word. Sitting next to the red haired girl while embrancing her knees, she was thinking at all what happened. Was she now the last waterbendner on the world? Or managed a few of her tribe to escape? In any case now she was alone and nowhere to live. She felt lost.
"Can I know your name?" Eunjung turned her head to the left, when the voice of Hyomin brought her back to sense. 
"Eunjung. My name is Eunjung."  said she, looking right in the other's black eyes. "And yours?"
"I'm Hyomin."  
"Why did you go against your own Nation Hyomin?" finally she asked the question she had the whole time in her mind. 
"Because it was the right thing to do. I couldn't bear to see innocent people die."
"...That's admirable. You aren't like the others of your tribe." mumbled Eunjung, her blue eyes still fixed on the girl. Hyomin smiled bittlerly. Is she to admire? If Eunjung just knew how many innocent people she killed, she wouldn't surely say those words.
"Was this your first fight in the Fire forces?" the waterbendner asked, after few seconds of silence, out of curiosity but Hyomin froze in an istant at thi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter