Omo ~ What???

I Found You (An Infinite Kim Sunggyu Fanfiction)

“You seriously need to think this over.”

 

“No need. I thought this through already. Just trust me.”

 

Soyou sighed. “You’re going to create a huge problem. You shouldn’t.”

 

“If they allowed me to visit him, I would not result to doing this.”

 

Soyou and Bora sat in a salon, getting their make-up and hair done for a schedule. “The CEO’s temper won’t be subdued easily with what you’re going to do. You know that right?” Soyou casted a worried glance towards her friend. She had a determined face. “I know.” She just said.

 

Soyou sighed. “Our manager is there. You can’t possibly be able to do what you want to do.”

 

“That’s why I need you to come into the picture. Distract him for me.”

 

Soyou glared at her, “Can you please not drag me into this. Why not just inform Dispatch or something?”

 

Bora rolled her eyes. “Then our CEO will just block it. He is friends with the director there remember. That’s the reason why Dispatch do not really follow us unless the CEO allows them to.”

 

“Fine. Fine. This is going to be the first and last time I’m going to help you do something stupid.”

 

Bora snickered and said, “Thanks.”

 

***

Woohyun stepped out of the police station with his injured manager in tow. “We’ll update you if we found out any more information about your kidnappers and the stolen vehicle.” The detective told him just as they boarded the taxi.

 

The man who saved him, Hyungsik, he noticed, never followed them as the taxi they rode sped off.

 

***

“Sunggyu-ssi, wake up.”

 

Sunggyu’s POV

 

I grunted and opened my eyes – well, almost opened my eyes. I blocked the sunlight and complained, “Why the hell do you like sleeping in this small space? And an outdoor one at that…” She frowned at me.

 

I stretched. She just stared at me. She seemed to be waiting for me. So I said, “Why wake me up so suddenly?”

 

She turned her back on me and started to make her way down.  I sighed. I can’t get used to her. Well, I’ve known her for less than a week but she’s something else. She gives off a talkative vibe but in actuality, she tends to keep things to herself. “Can’t you tell me why?” I said as I started to get up.

 

“We’re going to the police station.” There was no emotion in her voice. I stopped short. “Why?”

 

“I need to confirm something.”

 

I shot an eyebrow, which she’ll never see. She was already halfway down. I frowned and then sighed. I won’t win against her. Not today. She’s hiding something, I can somehow tell. I find it weird actually. That I can tell something was wrong with her. I decided to follow her. I don’t have a choice.

 

I ran towards her retreating figure and walked in pace with her. I stole a glance. I didn’t tell her this and I won’t ever tell her but the first time I saw her, I felt a strange sense of comfort around her. I made a noise. She turned to me, with a slightly annoyed expression in her face. I was taken aback. I’m pretty sure I did not do anything to make her annoyed at me. Then she turned her attention back to the street. “Do you even know where the police station is?” I asked, as casual as I can.

 

“I’m in a foul mood. Stop asking.” She sounded pissed. And I have no idea why. I suddenly asked myself if even in our state, women still you know… that monthly thing they have… Does she have it right now? I decided to shut up.

 

Feeling a little playful, I said “Do you really know?” I could not stop myself from asking. She abruptly stopped, turned to me and hit the back of my head – hard. “THAT HURTS! What’s your problem huh?!” I screamed at her. I expected her to scream back, for her to release the pent up frustration that seems to be building in her. But all I earned was pain and a glare from her.

 

“You don’t have to follow me if you really don’t want to.” She said at last and then she continued to walk, no, stomp her way through a crossing. I felt irritation. “Then why did you wake me up in the first place?”

 

She scoffed and turned to me and erupted. “Yeah why did I? Why did I have to go through the trouble to wake you up? Why did I have to be stuck with you? Why of all people did I have to deal being a miserable being who doesn’t even know who she is, unsure if she’s already dead or still living somewhere? But then it turns out I’m not living nor dead. Why in the world you are supposed to be the answer to my supposed existence as this kind of being?!”

 

I was expecting her to vent out what was plaguing her mind but hearing what bothered her made me stop short. Especially the last thing she said. She huffed and continued to glare at me. I frowned. “W-what are you saying…” I stammered.

 

She bit her lip as if contemplating whether she should spill what she knows or keep it to herself. Unfortunately, she seemed to be still angry at me for some reason so she chose the latter. “Do not follow me.” She said, her voice cold and upset.

 

I followed anyway. I walked a good distance away from her. She needed to cool down. And I needed to think and process what she just said. I was confused, aggrieved. Once she cools down, I will make her talk. I have the right to know what she knows too.

***

Soojung’s POV

 

I wasn’t usually the type to harbour ill feelings and more so to burst like that in front of people. Although I do not have memories of my past, I knew that I was not that type of person.

 

But, guess what… People, no, ghosts, wait… No… Apparently a guardian can make me become like that.

 

I woke up to a humming. It was a sad melody. One that could make anyone cry. I almost cried if not for feet that was almost touching my face when I turned. The owner of the feet was sitting on the railings and she was suspended from the floor. Her feet was almost touching my nose. “Ya!” I tried to push the feet away but I was too slow. The being vanished. It was only when I was in a sitting position did the being re-emerged.

 

“My my dear Soojung, it’s such a good morning… Why the frown?” Alina crooned. My frown became more distinct. “What the hell are you doing here?” I shot her a death glare. I really don’t like her.

 

Alina sighed softly and then grinned. Suddenly her eyes lit up with malice. I hate her. “I just want to share some interesting things with you…” She pursed her lips and seemed to contemplate. “But since I don’t seem to be welcome, I’ll just go.”

 

I scoffed. “You and your liar mouth. Just go and stop bothering me.” She leaned against the railings and started to pick her nails and looked bored. “What… Is your unfulfilled ghost mission to torment people?” My voice started to rise. She briefly looked at me before turning her attention to the sleeping Sunggyu. With raised eyebrow she said, “Such a deep sleeper this guy… He doesn’t even wake!” A chuckle escaped from her lips. When silence filled the air, she cleared and looked toward the street. She still isn’t saying anything. I’m getting annoyed. If only I can push her off, I would’ve done so. Don’t misunderstand me. I’m a good person. My guts tell me so. But something about Alina makes me feel so uncomfortable and being with her brings out a fierce, y side of me that I never knew I had.

 

We stood there for I think an eternity before she rolled her eyes at nothing in particular before turning to me. “All jokes aside,” What? What joke? When did she even start joking? “Let me ask you this… Have you ever seen any other ghost besides me and Yejeong?”

 

Suddenly my brain worked in a frenzy to answer that question. And a realization came. “No.” I breathed. Where is she getting at? I’m starting to feel annoyed. Wait, I have already been annoyed since her foot made an appearance near my face. Damn that woman.

 

A playful and satisfied smile crept to her lips. I want to scratch her face so bad. I clenched my fist to calm myself. “Ghosts will be able to see other ghosts and other beings – living and supernatural. But guardians and the ‘not living nor dead’ no.” she said, her face neutral but expecting. Expecting a reaction from me. I’m not going her that. I kept my face neutral as well. And did not respond. A waiting game then. We stared at each other for what felt like eternity and curiosity is eating my bones. What the hell was she talking about?! Guardians. Not living nor dead. What? I was about to yield when she shrugged and looked away. I let a shallow breath out.

 

“You seem to be disinterested. It concerns your survival you know.” She made her turn to leave and I wanted to curse myself when my mouth betrayed my pride. “I’m interested.”

 

 

She raised her eyebrows at me, studied me for a few seconds and then pursed her lips. “My dear, I am a guardian and you are the ‘not living nor dead’. You call it Soul am I not right?” I just frowned at her. So?

 

 

“That means you are not dead my dear. You are not a ghost. Yejeong fed you lies. She is not a ghost either. She’s a guardian like me.” My eyes narrowed. “So? Wait what?” I’m so confused. What? What is the hell?

 

 

“I cannot tell much but just know that that man sleeping right there is the answer to your existence as a ‘not living nor dead’ or as you call it, Soul.” And then she did what she and Yejeong was always good at. Vanishing. Great. God damning, great. My head hurts. What the hell did she just tell me? What the hell?

 

 

And so I spent the rest of the morning trying to digest what she told me. So, I’m ‘not living nor dead’. Meaning I’m somehow alive? Like my body is out there? Like those dramas I watch? Like somehow I’m in a coma, is that it? And what, a guardian? She and Yejeong are guardians? What guardians. My god, my head wants to split open.

 

 

And then another bomb. The man. Kim Sunggyu-ssi. He’s supposed to be the answer? Just what in the actual hell. Is he the one who caused me to be in an accident? What the hell is he supposed to be.

 

 

When I finally could not take it, I had him to wake up only to regret it. I shouldn’t have. I remembered what Alina told me. Him being the answer to my existence… What if he actually was the reason I got into an accident? What if he was actually the one who tried to kill me? But it’s too late. He woke up. And then my heart softened. Damn heart. It suddenly felt like he’s not capable of those things. He doesn’t seem like it. Not at all. But a small part of me felt something is not right about him. I lied about going to the police station. I don’t even know where the damn place is. Since he was awake, I had to think of something and somehow I just said we were going there.

 

 

I finally burst after he pushed too much. I was already having headaches from all the thinking and he chose to push and so I burst. God, I felt relieved when some of the frustration in me was let out. But it’s still gnawing at me. The unanswered questions. Damn it, Yejeong better show up soon to explain things to me.

 

I started walking slower. I was getting tired too. My vision started becoming blurry. Damn it. I almost lost my footing. Damn – I blame Alina for this. I’ve been saying ‘Damn it’ so many times since she appeared before me again. Damn it. Urgh. I need to stop.

 

 

Come to think of it. In my days alone I never felt strange things coming to me until the arrival of that man. On the eve of his arrival, I heard things in my head and a memory returned just before he too became something like me. And then, I felt like I was dying and then today, I’m getting tired too fast. It’s not even past noon. What is that man’s purpose? I can’t help but be suspicious.

 

I whirled around to turn to him only to find no one following me. There was a thin crowd of living humans on the road but no sign of him with the same aura as mine. Gods, where has he gone to.

***

I know it's short. I apologize. I've been very busy lately and I haven't had time to write. I'm going to be busy again soon but I'll try to update as soon as I can. Thank you for the support thus far. I'm thankful for those who comments and lets me know their interest in the story as well as to those who votes. Thank you.

If it interests you to read another story of mine, I have a new one, A fanfiction starring Jung Joon Yound and new actress Lee Sunbin "Loving You" (Link: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1164212/loving-you-a-jung-joon-young-and-lee-sunbin-fanfiction-romance-jungjoonyoung)

 

Description: Loving you... was the best thing that happened right? Loving you... I will not regret it right?

Amelia 'Sunbin' Williams, a Korean-American college student has landed in South Korea for her 6 month exchange programme. Jung Joon Young, singer and variety star has landed back as well after a short vacation with friends. As fate would have it, the two met and sparks seems to fly. Loving You is a story based on Jung Joon Young's song Sympathy released in February 2016. The song is about his break up with his girlfriend. And me just being me decided to craft a story around the song.