Clues

I Found You (An Infinite Kim Sunggyu Fanfiction)

First and foremost, to my readers, I thank you for patiently waiting. I hope I still have not lost your interest in reading my story. The votes and comments you left recently touched me (I know the numbers are not much but still...) 

 

“Accident” Street, Seoul

 

After Yejeong disappeared, Soojung was left all by herself to tend to the unconscious male before her.

 

‘Kim Sunggyu…’

 

The name has been replaying in her head over and over again since she heard it. Even as she positioned him to a more comfortable position, it was the only thing that filled her head. She felt as if she has heard of the name before. It felt oddly familiar. With furrowed brows, she sat and leaned against her balcony turf railings, Sunggyu’s head near her left thigh. He was still unconscious. Soojung’s attention was to his face. She cocked her head and her face was full of contemplation. She felt as if she has actually seen him before. Not when she was alive probably – because she still cannot remember her life before – but when she actually turned into what she is now.  She bit her lips and her eyes narrowed, her brain desperately trying to get to remember where she’s seen him. Somehow, as she recites his name in her head over and over again, something starts to come to her. A hazy memory of Myeongdong and… Her focus has been shaken and the memory disappeared.

 

“You rascal!” a deafening shout from a woman down below ruined her concentration. Soojung frowned and glanced below. She glimpse a shadow of a man who seem to be running away. Another cuss out from the mouth of the woman. Soojung shook her head as she examined her. She seems to be only in her late teens, early twenties – she guessed 20 – but such language came out from with such clarity and confidence in it. She slowly disappeared from her view as she stood directly below them. “Kim Sunggyu! You better not show yourself in front of me anymore you bastard!” She hurled with hatred. Soojung’s eyebrow shot up. Another Kim Sunggyu? She tuned out the profanities she still hears from down below and suddenly questioned herself, “Did I think I actually knew him? Or do I just hear his name often from these living people?”

 

She pursed her lips and stared at Sunggyu’s peacefully sleeping face. She absentmindedly pinched his nose. No reaction from him. She sighed. Just let him rest, she decided. She looked up to her right where she can see the skies. She shouldn’t stare at him too much. But something about him makes her feel comfortable, as if she was used to his presence despite his seemingly bossy nature – something that Soojung usually hate as she does not like being ordered around. Clearing her thoughts, she stared on and soon her eyelids felt heavy and dozed off.

 

Sunggyu woke up with lingering pain his head, like needles poking him to the point he feels hurt but not totally. He sat up, his hand clutching his head and massaging it as he leaned against the balcony railings. His eyes were closed for a full minute as he tries to get rid of the remaining pain. He then noticed that the sun has gone down and the skies were slowly greeting the darkness. He turned to his left and noticed Soojung in an uncomfortable sleeping position. She seemed to have long abandoned the railings to support her back and has been hunched.

 

He considered waking her but discarded the thought away as soon as it hit him. She must have been exhausted tending to him after his stunt earlier. Instead, he sat closer until their shoulders were touching. He held her by the shoulder and had her lean against the railings again. Her head wobbled so he carefully placed it against his shoulder. He heard a soft sigh escaped from her lips. Her rhythmic breathing was soothing to him. He spared a glance. For the first time, he saw her features up close. His lips parted slightly. A glance turned into a stare of admiration. There was innocence and purity in her face. Cute like a baby even if he thinks about it. A timid smile is plastered on his lips. How he wishes she’s like this all the time. Memories of the past week came back to him. She was as equally bossy as him and tend speak before she thinks. She was the opposite of how she looks. And there was this fragility in her that makes anyone want to protect her. Even in the short time they have been together, he can tell. He remembered her emphasizing about being a Soul – not living, not dead – in her terms at least. He leaned back once again as a thought came to him ‘Babysoul’. He had an amused smile as the word kept on replaying over and over his head. It actually suits her.

 

But there was another thought that has been bugging him. No, not a thought. A memory. A face. Eyes. That easily able to create an eye smile for cat-eyelike and double eyelid worried eyes.

 

He did not notice his head has leaned against hers until he heard her groan. He was pulled out of his trance and she from her slumber.

 

***

Outside The Hospital, Seoul

 

A man gripped the car’s wheel tightly as he looked at the hospital in a distance. He has come back to Korea after a year. She almost died but she has managed to escape death again. When his fiancée got into the accident about a year ago, he was so sure that no one can survive such accident. He was told that the impact could have easily gotten her dead. But by some miracle, that person who was supposed to be already buried six feet under the ground has survived and has clung for their life – even a year. He stepped on the accelerator with so much force and drove away with the speed that was used to hit her. He cannot get himself to see her so he drove away, far from her only to end up in the street where her accident happened.

 

***

Broadcasting Company, Seoul

 

“Thank you for the hard work.” Greets fellow cast.

 

“Thank you for the hard work.” Bow to the writers.

 

“Thank you for the hard work.” Bow to the PD. Shakes hands with the PD.

 

And then it was quiet.

 

Nam Woohyun found himself alone as he made his way to the parking lot. He took the secret exits to avoid the crowd. Despite actually wanting to punish himself – to hear how worthless he is, how he does not deserve to be in Infinite and other insults, he was too tired to actually want to hear them. For once, he wanted peace. He wanted quiet.

 

And then he spotted the company car. His manager was already inside as he can see from the shadow that the tinted car allows him to see. He opened the door to the middle row and collapsed in the chair, his eyes closed instantly. He was way too tired. “Hyung, let’s go.”

 

The car engine started. But, it didn’t move. Woohyun groaned, his patience growing thin. “Hyung.”

 

He heard the manager switching gears but once again, it didn’t move. Frustrated, he threw his eyes wide open and grabbed his manager by the shoulder. “Hyu-“. He froze. Something was wrong. It’s definitely not his managers’ shoulders.

***

“Accident” Street, Seoul

 

Quickly, Sunggyu pulled his head away from Soojung but did not move to give both of them more space – simply because there was not enough time for him to do so and because her head was still leaning against his shoulder. She stretched, yawned like no tomorrow, still half asleep, still clueless. Sunggyu tsked. He really preferred her sleeping form. Soojung noticed his presence. Surprised, she moved away and in the process, she bumped her head against the railings. Sunggyu bit his cheeks to suppress a laugh. “Clumsy.” He mouthed.

 

She glared at him. He smirked. She pushed him away by his shoulders. She was not strong enough. He shook his head and stood up. He offered her a hand. She glared at it. He rolled his eyes. “You’ve been sleeping in an uncomfortable way, I was doing you a favor by letting you sleep on my shoulders” She eyed him with suspicion. Sunggyu’s eyebrow shot up. “What? Are you thinking I did something while you slept?” He let his eyes wander to her… chest. Soojung caught the look. He let her. And then he looked away. Soojung threw a protective arm over it and gave him an incredulous look. He snickered and dropped his offering hand. “You and your dirty thoughts.” He teased. She rolled her eyes and stood up by herself.

 

He sauntered towards the other end of the balcony and leaned against the railings, his elbows resting on it. Both of them seemed to be hesitating to say something. “I -” both of them said to one another at last. Their eyes met and Sunggyu saw her blush. As did she.

 

“You first.” Soojung offered.

 

“No you first” Sunggyu countered.

 

“No, you should go first…” Soojung said biting her lips, looking away.

 

Sunggyu took a deep breath, his gaze glued to the floor. “Thank you,” he started. Soojung turned back to him again. “Thank you for being there when I experienced that.” He said as he scratched his head. He looked up and met Soojung’s unblinking eyes fixed upon him. He looked away again, this time towards the street overlooking the area where he woke up. He remembered those eyes again. That cat eye like double eyelid eyes. It looked at him that way once.

 

Soojung blinked and looked towards the direction he’s staring at. “Your welcome.” she breathed. She walked towards him and stopped when there was two feet is distance between them. “Was your name the only thing you remembered?” she dared to ask. She bit her lips as she waited for his answer. She heard a deep sigh. “Yes…”

 

She stole a glance. He was frowning. “And no…”

 

“Oh.” Was the only response Soojung could come up with. She didn’t want to press on. He seems not ready. After a few more seconds of silence, “And sorry.” He said.

 

“Huh? Why?”

 

“For making you think I did something to you while you were sleeping.” He said, intentionally glancing at her chest, letting her catch the look again. He didn’t intend to but he felt amused at her reaction earlier with his teasing. Soojung instinctively covered her chest, narrowed her eyes at him and hit his left shoulder. Sunggyu winced at the pain but smirked afterwards. “.” She said. But both of them knew she doesn’t mean what she said. She faced the street and let her elbows rest on the railings.

 

“I know you’re not capable of that.” She said. Sunggyu nodded absentmindedly. “What makes you think that?” he asked and turned to her, curious as to how she came up with the conclusion he will not do such a thing. He knows himself. He certainly won’t. He’s sure of it – even if he has lost his memories. “I don’t know honestly. But, there’s something in me that tells me you are not that kind of person.” She met his gaze and for a while both of them just stared at each other. Soojung broke her gaze first and turned to the street. “I feel strangely comfortable being with you. I can’t even explain it.” She shook her head and glanced at his direction again only to find him still staring at her. His gaze felt strangely intimate for a second before it turned into fascination. This time, Sunggyu looked away.

 

For a while, there was silence.

 

“Thank you too.” Soojung mumbled, shy. Sunggyu didn’t catch it at first because he was too focused on the street. “Huh?”

 

“I said thanks.”

 

“For?”

 

“Getting me to sleep in a more comfortable sleeping position.” She bit her cheek. She seldom thank people. Well at least her gut feelings are telling her so. Sunggyu shrugged. “We’re even. You helped me and so I did my part as well.”

 

Soojung nodded once. “Fair enough.”

 

***

Starship Company, Seoul

 

“I don’t want to.”

 

“You can’t be like this. You are pulling down the stocks, you know that. And you are deliberately not accepting any work. We let you out of that hospital already. It’s about time you get back to work!”

 

“Take me back to the hospital. I’m not healthy enough to work yet.”

 

Bora and the CEO has been arguing about getting back to her schedules for the past 30 minutes. After her breakdown, she was taken out of the hospital the next day. If it was just another day, she would was been elated that she got out that stuffy white walled prison. But after what she learned, the hospital is the best place for her. “Take me back.” She demanded. The CEO sighed. “You need to remain out of the hospital.” The CEO said sternly.

 

“I need to see him again.”

 

She first saw him the evening before she was discharged. She broke down again at the sight. She could not fathom how he survived it. He looked like he was barely holding on. But he was there, breathing with tons of apparatus on him, a cast on his neck, arms, leg. Gauzes everywhere in his body where she can see. She bet more were under his hospital gown. It has been almost a week. Almost a week since she last saw him. She needed to see him. A flash of pity registered in the CEO’s face. Bora looked away. She hated that look on his face. How Soyou looked at her when she broke down. How Woohyun looked at her as she asked him of his condition.

 

“No.”

 

That’s it. Damn everyone. She asked her members’ help to sneak her in the past few days, they refused. She couldn’t make her manager budge. She tried to go by herself, but her manager caught and stopped her. Since then, she’s been guarded. If she’s facing so much opposition, she’ll have to make them let her see him in another way possible. She’ll think of the consequences later.

 

“What’s my schedule.” It wasn’t a question but a demand. The CEO gave her the list. He wasn’t even suspicious.

***

“Accident Street”, Seoul

 

 A man reached the street and parked his car nearby. He walked to the spot where his fiancée was found lying on the street. He stared at the spot. It’s been a year or so but he could not forget hearing about how her fiancée ended up. The person who ran her over still has not been captured. It’s been a year or so. It was getting frustrating.

 

Not far, two figures walked down the street from the opposite sidewalk. But he would not be able to see them. The two definitely will be able to see him because they were not living, not dead. They’re just souls. One, who has been lost for a year or so and the other, relatively new and lost.

 

Soojung offered for the both of them to walk down the street. To get some fresh air she said. Although both of them knew the air in the balcony is likely much fresher than below, Sunggyu agreed. The space felt too small up there.

 

They were stopped short from their stroll when a black van suddenly halted a few meters away from them. A door opened and a person was pushed out before it sped away. It left the person on the floor, barely on his knees. “What…” Sunggyu trailed off. Both examining the thrown person, a man, they noticed he was blindfolded and he was gagged by a cloth. His hands were bounded by a rope as well. Soon, there was a car desperately honking, heading straight for his direction. It seemed to have belatedly noticed his existence. Sunggyu ran to him by instinct. Soojung was plastered to the ground. But before Sunggyu could even reach him, another man – a living one, came to his rescue and got him to his feet just in time. The man who helped the blindfolded man narrowly escaped being hit. The car swerved and stopped.

 

A woman stepped out of the car, slightly hysterical, a phone in her hand. She looked like she was in her late forties – wrinkles evident in her kind face. “Oh my god, oh my god, are you okay?” she ran towards them. Sunggyu and Soojung remain at their spots and watched the whole scene. The man who got the blindfolded safe by the sidewalk wore a black suit, and anyone with eyes could tell he is rich – an aura of a chaebol and, he has a comparably handsome face – monolid eyes but eyelashes long, sharp nose, and thin looking yet oval lips. He seemed stern but it is his charm. He started to undo the gag in the man’s mouth. The woman has started to dial the first thing that comes to mind. Soojung and Sunggyu walked closer and stood near them – the two men. “What do you think happened to him?” Soojung asked, her hands unconsciously reached out for Sunggyu’s arm. He let her hand stay. He shrugged as he focused on the guy who has his blindfold already removed.

 

He squinted as he saw light again. He was dressed in smart casual, a dark blue blazer over a while tee and black jeans. Looks wise, Sunggyu deemed it worthy enough, monolid eyes, sharp nose – sharper than the guy in a suit – and thin upper lips, his jaw line pronounced. He would associate his looks to be a celebrity actually. “Are you okay?” the guy in the suit asked.

 

He was shaking but nodded. The woman was still on the phone when she gasped, “Oh my god, Nam Woohyun-ssi? Of Infinite?” All eyes were on her. She turned back to her phone. “Yes please. Infinite’s Nam Woohyun, yes.” Pause. “Yes.” Pause. “Thank you.” And then her phone made its way to her pocket.

 

“Oh my god, are you okay? I almost killed you out there.” She kneeled beside him trying to eye any injuries caused by her. Woohyun nodded. The man continued to help him untie the rope binding his hands.

 

Sunggyu tuned out everything. Only one thing was on his mind. The word he heard, Infinite. The moment she mentioned it, something in him held on to it. It seems so familiar to him.

 

Soojung, he noticed suddenly fixed her attention on the man in the black suit. Sunggyu switched his attention to her. She was starting to lose her grip on is arms and she seems to be enticed by the man in a black suit. For some odd reason, he grabbed her wrist and said with a wary look, “Stay.” Soojung was confused. But did not press the matter. She stared at the man in a black suit from the distance where they stood.

 

Not long after, a taxi pulled up and a frantic man stepped out. He has a bandage on his head. “Nam Woohyun!” he shouted as he laid his eyes upon the idol who was still shaken – genuine worry and fright registered in his face. By now, the man in the black suit made him settle down on a nearby bench. The woman stayed close, every now and then looking at her phone as if anxious for another phone call.

 

“Hyung.” Woohyun breathed. He seemed relieved by his manager’s presence. He has been with strangers too long.

 

Sunggyu and Soojung remained. On a normal day, Soojung would be away from them by now. She does not like meddling with other people’s business. Especially when they’re the living. But there was something that’s making them stay and rooted to the ground. Both of them felt compelled to know how it was going to turn out.

 

“Are you okay? Did they hurt you? Did you get any injuries?” He held him by the shoulders, examining him. When everyone’s attention seemed to be fixed on the manager, Woohyun cleared his throat. Only then did the manager stop and ever so slightly turned red when he noticed everyone’s attention. He then noticed the woman who was currently fiddling with her phone. Suspicious, he pulled her aside, away from Woohyun, the man who saved him and the two eavesdropping beings.

 

Woohyun turned his attention to the guy in a black suit. “Thank you. For saving me.” The man in a black suit nodded towards him with nonchalance. “Don’t mention it.”

 

The two beings – neither living nor dead – anticipated what will happen next. But there was only silence. Awkward silence. Neither of the living males knew what to say. On cue, a black SUV pulled up near them. A man, who seems to be in his late 40s, rugged face and growing a stubble stepped out. All eyes were suddenly fixed on him. Soojung made an irked expression as she took in his appearance. His hair, almost balding looked greasy enough to tell that he has not washed in for at least 3 days. His clothing, wrinkled as if he slept on it for 2 days. And Sunggyu can tell from the expression of the man in the suit that he doesn’t smell right – he saw how his mouth twitch with disapproval. But he also saw something else in the glint in the man in the suit’s eyes – recognition. Woohyun stiffened.

 

“Look who we have here. Nam Woohyun-ssi,” he nodded to his direction as if to acknowledge him and then to the man in the black suit, “Park Hyungsik-ssi.” Hyungsik’s brow raised so slightly as he regarded the man.

 

“Detective Ji we meet again.” Hyungsik greeted, his tone almost robotic. The detective pursed his lips and walked towards them. He proceeded to inspect Woohyun’s condition. Scratches, a few bruises. Nothing to worry much about he decided. “Since our last meeting, how have you been Woohyun-ssi?” his tone was mocking. Woohyun just stared at him. He didn’t have pleasant memories with this detective. When he was brought in for questioning, this detective really riled him up in an attempt to squeeze any malice in him, to perhaps find a loophole where he can say that the accident was planned. There was none obviously.

 

By this time, Woohyun’s manager has noticed the detective’s presence and hurried to join the group. The woman followed. “Detective Ji, you came.” The woman’s voice was relieved.

 

So, she called him. Woohyun thought. Although there was no ill-intent whatsoever, he felt irritated with the woman’s actions. He didn’t want to meet that detective anymore. And she just happened to call him.

 

“I need take your statements in the station. So if you could all come with me…” the detective trailed off and started to work his way back to his car. The four exchanged glances but stayed where they were standing.

 

When nobody moved, the detective barked, impatient, “Ms. Kang, you can take your car! Woohyun-ssi and the manager, better come with me!” A few seconds after he said, “Park Hyungsik-ssi, it would be great if you could come to the station with us, in this car.”

 

Park Hyungsik raised an eyebrow, sighed and then said, “Detective Ji, I prefer not to involve myself in any more cases. One case was enough for me.”

The detective’s brow shot up in response. “Yes, it seems so. Now that I think about it, you are probably here today because of your fiancée’s case.”

 

“Well then. I shall bother you no further. I’ll take your statement from here then”

 

After taking his statement, the detective drove off with Woohyun and his manager. The woman followed. Hyungsik was left to linger a little while longer before driving off.

 

The two beings, as if finally broken from a trance, stared at each other.

 

“What was that.” It was more of a statement rather than a question.

 

“I don’t know.”

 

“You felt a pull too didn’t you?” Sunggyu asked.

 

Soojung nodded in response. Hugging herself, she started to walk back to her turf. “Where are you going?” Sunggyu shouted. He stayed rooted to the ground. “Sleep. I need sleep.” She just said.

 

Sunggyu sighed. He looked back towards the road where the detective’s car has long disappeared to. He couldn’t explain it but when that man – Woohyun – appeared, something in him stirred. And when he heard Infinite, something told him to stay and continue to listen. He thought it was just him. But then he noticed Soojung’s reaction as the name of the other man was mentioned – Park Hyungsik. He felt that something about that man’s name made Soojung suddenly alert yet rooted to the ground. It was as if the two men hold the key to their identities.

 

Soojung walked back, her head hurting. The mention of the guy in the suit’s name suddenly made her head hurt. She then pieced together that the name must have something to do with her life when she was still living. She was not entirely sure if it was because of the name or was is because of the man himself. She was utterly rooted to the ground as she took in his appearance earlier. And she felt as if she recognized him.

 

For the two beings, it was intriguing. It was as if clues to their identities and lives have been laid out for them to decipher. How long it would take for them to figure out will be up to them.

 

***

Neither here, no there

 

It was a void.

 

“Isn’t that interesting?” a voice rang out.

 

Yejeong stared at a square mirror before her, emotionless. It was no ordinary mirror though. It floats and the edges glow an ash blue colour. It doesn’t show her reflection but rather another being’s. The other being, female, continued, “Alina, she… She must have been looking forward to it for a while now.” The other being flashed a grin. It was then when Yejeong realized that she’s taking in the other being’s appearance once again after a month. She wore a laurel on her head, her hair ash white. Her eyes were doe-like and it’s color like the emerald ocean, her nose celestial, her lips full and her face oval. The high guardian of heaven, that’s who she was. She wore a modern white peplos clothing – a standard for high guardians in the heavens.

 

Yejeong felt uncomfortable. She does not like the idea of reporting to the higher ups but it was her duty and ever since she made the stupid deal with Alina, she was instructed by the high guardians for her monthly report. She is no simple ghost. Heck, she’s not even a ghost. She’s a guardian. Just like Alina. But rather than being the guardian of the underworld, she is the guardian of the portal to the heavens. She has been a guardian for only one decade and she has not learn everything a guardian is supposed to know. She was dying to know what Alina meant. But so far, she was not getting any answers. She has told her what Alina had done – save a man from dying and in the process turning him into a soul.

 

“Let her do what she wants for now. The balance is not threatened yet anyway. Just make sure she does not do anything stupid anymore.”

 

The high guardian was ready to dismiss her when she found the courage to ask the burning question that has bothered her.

 

“She said that she does not want to lose two souls in the process. What does that mean, high guardian?”

 

The High Guardian’s eyes narrowed and bit her lip. But she never answered her question. She simply ordered her to watch her movements. And then the mirror vanished and she materialized back to where she was supposed to be.

 

Yejeong sighed. Instead of going to Soojung and Sunggyu, she decided to go back to where Alina liked to stay whenever she is in this world – the abandoned warehouse.

 

The Abandoned Warehouse

 

The moment she set foot on it, she felt it. The dark power of the underworld. But there was no one there. A minute gone by, there was no shift in the power. It was still as strong as it was when she arrived but she caught no sign of Alina. It dawned upon her that is was a barrier spell. To keep away unwanted guests. But she got in just fine. Does that mean Alina has been expecting her?

 

“Alina, I know you are out there. Come out and talk to me.”

 

Still she was alone.  But there was a shift in the energy. Weakening. And then she left.

 

***

“Accident Street”, Seoul

 

Alina was watching the whole scene from a distance – a rooftop of a ten floor building to be exact – when she felt the call. ‘Yejeong.’ She thought. Yejeong was the only one she allowed to access her turf and to connect to her. Despite being guardians to opposite portals, she was strangely comfortable with her. The past guardian of the portal to the heavens despised her. Although the Underworld and the Heavens have been long working together to manage living and dead, the past guardian had a backward thinking which eventually got her kicked out of her position after five decades.

 

She grunted as she struggled to access her power to transport her back to the warehouse. She had only started ‘re-charging’ her power. She had used more than necessary today. And she broke rules again – kind of. But then again, the high guardians do not really care about her actions so she can’t be punished for it. She has been a guardian for almost two and a half centuries and she gained some of their trust.

 

Giving up trying to transport herself back to her turf, she lied down and the stars greeted her. She recalled the events. A scoff. She long to be one of the stars. The soul of someone who has gone to heaven. But that can never happen to her. She chose the path of a guardian instead of being in the sky. A guardian of the underworld at that. Once her duty is over, her soul will disintegrate and be the blackness the covers the night sky. Souls in the underworld that served their purpose also became that blackness. She was offered a way to be a star, to be in heaven. And yet she declined. ‘Well, it’s the only way.’ She thought again. ‘It’s the only way to save him.’

 

 

She closed her eyes and tried to doze off. Guardians don’t sleep. They imply can’t. But she tried to pretend to sleep. And then she felt it. Heaven’s aid. Yejeong’s presence.

 

“How did you find me.” She mumbled, her eyes still closed. “Oh, you were easy to track when your barrier spells weaken. The bond made it easy.”

 

“Of course.” Her voice tired.

 

“You used your power again didn’t you.”

 

“So?”

 

“What kind of stupid thing did you do again?” Yejeong’s voice rose.

 

“Are you asking because you simply want to know or are you asking because need to report it to the high guardians?” he voice was calm but laced with disgust.

 

Yejeong flinched. “H-how…”

 

Alina sat up, faced her and sneered. “A bonded deal between two guardians does not escape the eyes of the heavens my dear. They would need someone to watch and tell them what’s happening afterwards. Since they have no other guardians they can spare to watch us at the moment, they would have to do with you. Besides, you are a new guardian. You have less freedom and power than those who have spent at least half a century being one.” She took in Yejeong’s shaky demeanor and sighed.

 

“You’re easily so shaken. No wonder Juyi made you a guardian under her.”

 

Yejeong shot her a glare. How dare she address the High Guardian with just her name – and just her human name when she was living at that. “Don’t speak so lowly of the High Guardian Bomi.”

 

Alina rolled her eyes. “Juyi is all about prestige and recognition. I can already tell she asked for the title Bomi when she was made High Guardian.”

 

Yejeong frowned. Alina realized this was the first time she made this kind of conversation around her. Well, she was the first heaven aid guardian to talk to her in a while. The past heaven portal guardians for the past century were really repulsive and loathesome. “How long have you been a guardian really?” Yejeong asked.

 

“Two and a half centuries.”

 

Yejeong gaped at her.

 

“Well, if you really want to know where I spent my power on today that made me weak… I saved a man again from dying,” well, not so true because he wasn’t really meant to die. Only comatose. “and made a living being be compelled to save him even though he does not even want to. And made another to not hit that man.” And it drained her power so much because it takes a lot of power to connect with the living.

 

Yejeong just continued gaping at her. “You are breaking rules again.”

 

“Hardly my dear. He’s not even going to die and even if he was supposed to, it was in my jurisdiction before the heaven’s. There are so many things you need to learn my dear. Well, you are going by the book so you could say I am breaking them but the book of rules they have written have a lot of loopholes you know. And it takes only a century to find out all those loopholes. Lucky for me, I’ve been a guardian for two and a half centuries.”

 

She suddenly stood up, energized. “I’ve told you too much. I should go.” And poof, she’s gone before Yejeong could even utter the word “Wait.”

 

----

I know I took a while before updating again. I took the liberty of getting to know (though there are still aspects that I'm trying to get to know about them) all my characters before writing a new chapter. It's still in the world building phase. I hope you still have the patience to read my story. And although this is a fanfiction about Kim Sunggyu and Babysoul, I'm writing more than just that. It's like its slowly turning into something more than just a fanfiction to be honest. SO, please understand if in a chapter, it's not all about Sunggyu and Babysoul.

 

Your comments and votes are important. It helps me determine how interested people are in reading my story.

 

Once again, to the readers that have been with me since the beginning, I thank you and to the readers that are starting to read my story, please enjoy and thank you as well. 

 

I will have more freedom to write in September so you can expect about 2 chapters during that month I guess? ^^;