Chapter 07

From Me, To You

 

"Suzy! Turn right!"
 
Her vision blurred, her heart bounced without following the rhythm, in a moment their seconds went very quickly. She hoped she wasn't in this position right now, but she couldn't. She hoped she would forget this and start over, but she couldn't.
 
"No, Jieun! Not right, but left!"
 
"Girls! Shut up!"
 
"Suzy! Look - "
 
 
 
"Bae Suzy!"
 
Beep. Beep. Beep...
 
She was there, still there - her room. Small room that she shared with her sister, with white ceilings and wooden floors and walls full of her painting. She realized she was still safe, at least she was safe.
 
It was morning and her sister were standing in front of their closet. Sunlight cracked, coming through the windowpane, and it made her eyes blind for a moment.
 
Beep. Beep. Beep...
 
She heard her phone sang on the table. A message from Myungsoo.
 
"Suuuzy! Get up!" Her mother's voice rang out, echoing up the stairs. She never heard her mother calling her to get up since she was still in high school. "Myungsoo's already here!"
 
"What?!" She squealed and rushed to open his message. Hey, sleeping ugly. Why do you wake up late this morning? and she had laughed at it, before she got out of bed.
 
"You know, Suzy," her sister murmured before she went into the bathroom, "you're crying in your sleep earlier."
 
She stopped for a moment, then she just turned around and smiled. "That's okay, unni." She advised. "Everything will be okay."
 
She hoped.
 
 
__________________________
 
 
 
"We're not going to ride a motorbike again, are we?" Suzy asked him when they met on the terrace of her house, about fifteen minutes later. She hadn't eaten, she didn't want him made a long speech at her only to wait, so maybe she would just eat at the office.
 
Myungsoo immediately burst out laughing as he spoke. "Don't you realize? I don't even get a driving license in Korea, how can I keep driving it? I will leave it at home before I get a driving license next year."
 
She didn't know why, but she felt cheated by this guy. But, "Oh, well, never mind... At least that thing will disappear from my sight." She said with a shrug.
 
They passed through Sungyeol's home when the owner was shouting at them.
 
"Oooi! Suzy! Myungsoo!" He ran toward them, still carrying yellow hose in his hand. Myungsoo looked at Sungyeol's garage, watching a wet silver car which made him completely sure that Sungyeol was washing his car. He thought if he didn't feel cold while washing the car in this cold season.
 
"Oh, hello, oppa!" Suzy waved her hand to him.
 
"Hello! Uhm, what are you doing?"
 
Suzy smiled and opened to answer.
 
But Myungsoo was faster than her and she couldn't stop him saying, "Go to office. As usual, every morning, both of us."
 
"Oh, I see." Actually, he didn't expect Myungsoo to answer, but it didn't matter to him - or he tried it didn't.
 
Suzy pinched Myungsoo's arm, then when their eyes met she smiled and glanced Sungyeol. She said cheerfully, one note higher than usual. "Oppa, there's something you want to tell us?"
 
"Yes, actually. I want to ask for your help, Myungsoo." He looked into the younger man's eyes with half-moon shapes, "can you take pictures of our theater? This is for the promotion and you, of course you will be paid. You can also watch our show for free!"
 
"Really?" Suzy squealed excitedly, didn't see the guy next to her was rolling his eyes and giving her a look why-are-you-very-annoying. She turned her head to Myungsoo and exclaimed, "Take, Myungsoo! Take, take! We can watch in the theater for free! Isn't it a good idea?"
 
"Us?" He whispered in her cynically, but then switched to Sungyeol. "Yes, I think I can. Maybe I'll go to your theater on - "
 
"Friday! No, no! Saturday! Yes, Saturday! That would be great and we'll go together and - "
 
"Why are you so happy? I go there to work, not to watch. Okay?" He interrupted her with half snap.
 
She took one step back because of it, but then nodded, "Yes, I understand. I'm sorry. Continue, continue it."
 
Sungyeol simply smiled, and soon to say, "You can come on Saturday, we will hold the main show. Swan Lake. I'd love it if you watch it, and you, too, Suzy."
 
"Really?! I can join?"
 
"Of course."
 
"But if you're too noisy, I'll take my motorbike again." He threatened and she pouted, but he didn't care and continue his walks. "See you later, Sungyeol!"
 
"Hey, wait for me!" Suzy exclaimed, following him with cheerful steps. She looked back as she walked, "Bye, oppa!"
 
 
__________________________
 
 
 
"Well..."
 
She chuckled. "Well...?"
 
"Seems there was someone who went to work with a man this morning. You know who she is?"
 
Her laugh was soft and sweet and wouldn't stop forever. She looked up and found two pairs of eyes in front of her, starving for her answer and she was enjoying it. They didn't even bother to eat their lunch in front of them until she opened .
 
"Can I guess... me?" Suzy grinned when those eyes shone brilliantly at her. "Hey, wait, why do you ask such a strange thing?"
 
Jia and Jiyoung smiled as wide as possible, as happy as possible, and so did she.
 
"We heard from Howon," Jia spoke.
 
"That heard from Minho." This time, Jiyoung's turn.
 
"That Myungsoo told that you're angry with him last night, and he felt uncomfortable with it. We don't know the details, but Minho said if Myungsoo's work after the lunch was bad."
 
"In other words, his work was bad when you're angry."
 
"Do you understand it, Bae Suzy?" The Chinese one giggled, showing her white teeth and almost blinding her like the sun. "This could be the beginning of something new."
 
There was a crease in her forehead as well as a faint smile, when she asked. "Something like what?"
 
"As... more than friends?"
 
She wanted to laugh again because it certainly was impossible and would never happen, but the one came out was shake no and she just smiled and then finished her lunch with a new topic.
 
However, she couldn't command her brain to get rid of their sentences.
 
 
__________________________
 
 
 
That was one more day before their plan to theater occurred. When in the midst of his work, a call from her came.
 
Although he had to take a picture of some models that were always surrounded by whispers oh-look-they're-so-beautiful-so-why-don't-you-like-them that time, but he maintained his desire to take his cell phone.
 
Donghae were a bit of angry because of this, and so were his friends, and so were a model that always sticked with him since they met two hours ago. Kikwang said that beautiful and awesome and skinny model liked him, but he didn't take it more than a lie. Almost like his girlfriend, Kikwang liked to exaggerate - he stated.
 
He remembered Suzy never called him before, she didn't want to waste her money on a call if she could send a message. So when he saw her name on his phone screen, he knew it was important.
 
And he was right.
 
There was no hello, and she immediately raced to say, "Myungsoo! I must go home now because my brother is suddenly sick and my sister can't leave her work and the others have to camping. Oh, my parents are going to Gwangju, too! Okay, so we can't go come together today and I hope you'll be fine! Understand?"
 
A little smile painted on his lips. "Ma'am, yes, ma'am."
 
"Hey, don't call me like - oh, the subway is coming! I must go now! Bye, Myung - "
 
"Wait, wait!"
 
She almost decided to cut the line but eventually she didn't, she simply asked with a hurry tone, "Huh? What else?"
 
"I'll come to your house right after my work is completed," he replied.
 
"To... what? "
 
"Help you to take care of your brother. Can I?"
 
There was a pause a few moments after that, and he didn't know why, and she didn't know. All he knew was the voice of subway came to deafen his ears and she said "Yes" at the time.
 
And she heard him laugh, and she laughed.
 
And she also hoped Myungsoo kept his promise this time.
 
 
__________________________
 
 
 
He sighed and looked at his watch, short needle was nearly at six and he was still waiting for a message from his cell phone. Message, whatever its content, at least it was from her. Message, which he waited in vain, hoping that that girl was waiting for him at her home.
 
"Okay, guys! Good job!" Donghae clapped his hands and was followed by a few people in the room along with a few screams.
 
Myungsoo also smiled, grateful for the work that done more quickly than usual. This meant he didn't need to make a girl who had long black hair and obsession with Christmas had to wait him so long.
 
"Good," he took his camera and picked up his bag. He went on his boss and patted his back from behind, whispering, "Hyung, I'm going home, okay?"
 
But not that fast, when Donghae pulled his hand to stay. "But you have to meet with them first, Myungsoo." He said such an order in their work, exposed him to the four girls who became the focus in photoshoot today.
 
He could have avoided Donghae and these girls, but he didn't want to make the guy next to him widened his eyes so he faked a smile on them.
 
He tried to hide his eyes as he said, "Hello, I'm Kim Myungsoo." on each girl. But he was forced to raise his head when the last model gave her hand.
 
"Hello too, Myungsoo." She replied. Her lips formed a smile, so did her eyes. "Park Jiyeon."
 
 

 
 
One message from: Christmas Girl
 
Myungsoo, you'll come here, right? Please please please, be hurry! My sister will come home late this night! I hope you come asap. Thank you~
 
 
 

 


 
 
One message from: Unknown Number
 
Don't think you and your damn mother can go from me, Loser.
 
 
__________________________