Chapter 04

From Me, To You

 

 

 

There was an awkward atmosphere that freezed them in the soul. His eyes on hers, her eyes on his. They didn’t realize that they were smiling.
 
They didn’t realize they could feel a different thing, one thing they shouldn’t feel.
 
"Oh, Kim Myungsoo!"
 
The silence was broken when the baritone voice calling his name. Both turned their heads and found a tall man walking on them.
 
"Ah, hyung!" Myungsoo smiled faintly, but when Suzy saw it she knew he was honest.
 
"Long time no see, dude." The man put his arm around Myungsoo’s neck, smiling happily. "I saw you last time in the hospital after the accident. Do you remember everything now?"
 
"Ah, no." Myungsoo laughed once. His eyes focused on him, but he still realized Suzy hiding behind his back. He just smiled.
 
"Really? Wow, but you look much different than before." He commented as he saw Myungsoo from head to toe.
 
He wondered what changed in him, but he thought it was nothing. He shrugged and asked, "And what's that?"
 
"You look more... happy." His eyes caught a glimpse of Suzy, then he laughed. "And this is the number nine?"
 
Myungsoo laugh awkwardly, "No! Of course not!"
 
Suzy didn’t understand, and it made her curious. But she held herself to ask that time.
 
"Hello." He waved his hand on Suzy.
 
"Uh, me? Oh, right, hello too." Suzy replied awkwardly.
 
"You don’t know me?" He asked and pointed himself.
 
Suzy just shook her head and Myungsoo started laughing and said, "Hyung, you're not as famous as you think. Why could you never see that?"
 
He just grinned and ignored. His eyes catch her eyes again. "Let me introduce myself. Choi Siwon, photographer. The owner of this gallery."
 
Suzy lifted up her lips and replied. "Oh, really? I love every picture here! You’re amazing!"
 
Choi Siwon laughed lightly. "Thank you, thank you." He said and they shook hands. "If you like my picture, then you also love his pictures."
 
Siwon saw Myungsoo and the girl followed his eyes went.
 
He glared and immediately denied, "Don’t believe him. He's just a liar, you know? "And that she did was giggle.
 
"I’m not, believe me! He helped me to look for inspiration and found a nice spot for location photography. He’s a talented photographer, seriously."
 
Suzy couldn’t say another word than 'wow' and she hoped it was enough to show him how impressed she was.
 
"Oh yes, I have to go now. Tiffany calls me." He looked at his watch and said.
 
"Oh, you guys will do that?"
 
"Of course!" Siwon shouted and pulled something from his bag. "And you're cordially invited to our wedding in two weeks."
 
"Thanks, hyung." Myungsoo took the invitation and read it, while she peeked it behind his back.
 
"And you have to bring your girl to get there." Siwon winked and grinned at her, she even didn’t know why.
 
"Crap. I won’t," Myungsoo hissed and he laughed again.
 
"If you won’t then I won’t help you too for your first gallery next year."
 
"That's a joke, right?"
 
"I'm not joking now."
 
Myungsoo groaned and threw the invitation to hers, let her read it clearly. "Whatever."
 
"Okay. I'll go now. Bye, Myungsoo! Bye, Myungsoo's girlfriend!" He screamed and ran toward the door.
 
Myungsoo snorted when he said that, while Suzy immediately responded with another scream.
 
"My name is Bae Suzy! And I'm not Kim Myungsoo’s girlfriend! Remember that, sir!" She tried so hard to get her voice heard, but apparently it didn’t work. "He's misunderstood, we are just friends. Why does he think that we are couple? Do we look like that?" Suzy asked him innocently.
 
He just blinked once and said, "Forget it, he's just joking."
 
"Oh, then how can he survive with serious people like you?" She whispered softly, but hecould hear it clearly.
 
"What did you say earlier?" He checked.
 
"Huh? Nothing," She shook her head. Then she saw the watch on her left wrist. "It's twelve o'clock, you want to eat something?"
 
He agreed and they walked out of the gallery.
 
On their way to find their lunch’s place, she asked him what the meaning behind the number nine that they talked about before, but he didn’t let Suzy know. Suzy just scowled and said if he didn’t tell her about it then she wouldn’t tell him why they always use the subway. He agreea with that and laugh when Suzy pouted her lips.

 


__________________________

 

 

"What  will we do after this?" She asked him with mouth full of strawberry ice cream.
 
They went from the gallery and immediately get into her favorite restaurant in Cheongdam, Gangnam district. She told him that this was an expensive restaurant, but it didn’t matter to her because she had more money these days and her salary would come next week on the early December.
 
He just smiled broadly, looked at her face. And she wonder what happened.
 
"What? Is there something bad on my face? " She pointed herself right on the nose. "Ah, ice cream, right?"
 
Myungsoo looked like holding his laughter. He just nodded and braved himself to take some ice cream on the edge of her lips. She thought it didn’t matter if he touched her, but she didn’t know why she closed her eyes that time.
 
"Sorry," She giggled awkwardly. "Sometimes I'm too happy if it’s coming to eat until I can forget everything. I look stupid, don’t i?"
 
"Not at all. You're normal," He hoped say the opposite wasn’t a sin, because he couldn’t nod this time.
 
He dimly saw the smile on her lips, "I wish I’m normal."
 
"Huh? What are you talking about?"
 
"I've only date someone once before and never been kissed, all my life."
 
His cold capucinno almost burst out from his mouth, but he held it and found himself choking. At least he could handle it by himself.
 
"I'm sorry, I'm weird." There was a painful look in her eyes, he could taste it. "I shouldn’t tell you about this, you must think I'm a weird girl now."
 
"No, no, no." He held both her wrists, and she immediately saw it. He saw her gaze like it was the wrong thing in her eyes - though he didn’t see anything wrong in there - and he let go his hands with a whisper, "sorry".
 
They didn’t speak at once. Only lowered their heads and let the silence stabbed them from the back. He could feel guilt in his heart, while she blamed herself for making a faulty situation like this.
 
"You can continue, if you want to," Myungsoo slowly lifted his head, smiling faintly. "If you don’t, we can go home now."
 
"My mother and grandmother put me into a girl dormitory when I was in high school." She told him, and he already knew she chose the first answer. He looked at her in the eye, and so did she. She continued, "Everything must be perfect there. The schedulse, facilities, lessons, teachers, students."
 
He simply nodded, "I understand what you mean."
 
Her lips formed a small smile and she sighed. "Regularity. Discipline. Everything! It's slowly making me hate living there. You know, sometimes perfection itself that makes it isn’t perfect. It's to death, I thought."
 
Here it was. The silence – that they never expected to come in –  covered them now. But he found something different in it, when he felt a peace without talking to her.
 
"Many of my friends tried to escape. Some of them succeeded, some of them not. I never tried it, you know, I'm not the one who dared. I'm afraid if my family would be disappointed in me, I'm afraid if people would speak that I’m a rebel, I fear even at that school – thing that I hate the most. I'm a coward, right?"
 
She laughed bitterly, and he found a trembling fingers holding the spoon in front of him. So he touched hers again, and this time she didn’t take the fight.
 
"Then," with a heavy voice, he asked, "what happened?"
 
"I didn’t do anything. I just treated like a robot by them, at least until I graduated from there. I think I can start something new when I went to college, but apparently not. Nothing’s different. I have many friends, but none of them are close, there’s nothing more than that, once again, no love life. Pathetic, isn’t it? "
 
"No," he pressed her fingers gently, "at least you can remember those times. While I even don’t remember my own past, wouldn’t it be more pathetic? Moreover, now, things have changed for you, right? You have a great job, great friends, great family..."
 
"Not everything," she sighed.
 
"Of course everything isn’t changed. It takes time, and time can relieve your pain and make you become more mature." He smiled, tender and sweet, as if it made the whole room glowed. "Tell yourself, everything will be fine."
 
She wanted to smile at him, if they didn’t hear the knocks from the window’s restaurant next to them. Both of them immediately look to the sound source, a girl and a boy.
 
Minyoung and Kikwang, standing behind the window, waving to them.


__________________________

 

 

"Hey, hey, hey! What are you doing here? "
 
Minyoung barged into the restaurant with hasty steps, while Kikwang followed her slowly in the back. Her eyes shone brightly spotted two of her friends there.
 
And those eyes shone more brightly when she saw their hands were locked.
 
He immediately aware and let go, hiding his hands in the pocket of his pants and she put hers on her thigh.
 
"Uh - we just have lunch, nothing special." Suzy replied with an awkward, forced smile.
 
"Just two of you?" Kikwang added a question, peeking at them behind Minyoung.
 
Minyoung gasped, she shrieked aloud, "Are you two dating?"
 
"No!" Myungsoo and Suzy replied  as quickly as they could. Both of them saw each other before shook their head quickly.
 
"I just asked her to accompany me to photo gallery. You know, I'm the new guy in Seoul, right? " Myungsoo said with an awkward smile.
 
"Oooh." Minyoung sang and sat next to Suzy. "I've heard about you from Suzy. You got amnesia, aren’t you?"
 
Myungsoo simply nodded, as he sat next Kikwang.
 
"What I know about amnesia is their memory can come back if they do things that they always remember the first. The interesting thing for them. Does it really happen?" Minyoung asked as she took a sip of Suzy’s lemon tea.
 
Myungsoo made an eye contact Suzy at that time, seemed to give her a mental message I know who the stupid you have talked now and then grinned, while Suzy tried to look at the other way.
 
"Uhm - no, actually. I don’t actually know, but I never feel it." He replied with an efficient smile. "Maybe some people do, some people don’t."
 
"Oooh." Minyoung murmured, seemingly had no other answer than that. She nodded for a moment before looking at Suzy and Myungsoo again, with a look full of happiness. "Hey, want to come with us to Lotte World Ice Rink? They can join, right, Kikwang?"
 
Kikwang nodded and smiled, "That’s a good idea. Oh, Myungsoo, you'd never go to Lotte World?"
 
Myungsoo didn’t answer. He just blinked once and saw Suzy, smiling at her.


__________________________

 

 

"Can’t skate?" Myungsoo almost screamed, but he held himself. "You can't dance and can't skate... Really?"
 
Suzy pouted her lips in front of him. She lowered her head, saw her fingers playing with the hem of her dress. Simply didn’t know what to think about right now. "You no need to look surprised like that, you know." She sighed. "I can do nothing."
 
He shrugged, "Okay, if you say so. I will skate alone." He answered, and found a couple that he knew. "I think we don’t need to bother Kikwang hyung and Minyoung noona."
 
He immediately went away from her who stood outside the ice rink at the time and immediately skated around it. And her eyes couldn’t release that figure for no special reason, she even didn’t know why.
 
He wasn’t a good skater, she thought. He sometimes slipped and almost hitted into some people and sometimes he had to stop to the edge. He sometimes looked messy sometimes looked perfect, his face was always flat whenever he did anything, he was never concerned with all things, and she wasn’t aware that she had secretly adored him.
 
"You don’t skate anymore?" She found him standing in front of her, taking potato chips in her hand suddenly.
 
"If I still skate, then why am I here?"
 
She grabbed her potato chips again. "I take that as a yes."
 
"Oh, look," He pulled out his phone from his pocket as he sat beside her, "I got a message from my mother."
 
"She tell you to going home early, doesn’t she?"
 
"How can you know?" He grinned, replied his mother’s text with only 'OK' and pressed the Send button.
 
"Mother instinct, you know."
 
"That’s weird."
 
"All things in this world are weird for you."
 
Myungsoo giggled and gave gestures on her to see the ice rink. A girl and a boy were kissing in the crowd there, and they knew them.
 
"Wow, why don’t Minyoung noona and Kikwang hyung find a better place to kiss?" He asked, but it was more like a protest for her.
 
"I don’t actually know..."
 
"Oh yes, you've never kissed."
 
"Damn you." She hissed and beated his arm as hard as she could. But instead of feeling pain, he looked like he was happy with that and laughed out loud.


__________________________

 

 

Their went home first, leaving Kikwang and Minyoung that absolutely had no thought that they were still there. It was late afternoon when they arrived in front of their homes.
 
"Hey, Suzy." Myungsoo called out her name, when she nearly reached the gate.
 
"Hhm?" She looked at him, with that innocence looks – that was softer than when he at the ice rink.
 
"Thank you for today." He smiled sincerely.
 
"To accompany you? Ah, it’s because your mother - "
 
"No, to trust me."
 
"...trust you?" She simply didn’t understand and tilted her head.
 
"You tell me about your past, it’s one of the actions to show how you trust a person."
 
"Oh, really?" Sheexclaimed, also smiling. "Welcome, then."
 
"Don’t hesitate to tell about your feelings again."
 
She was silent for a moment, and then nodded. "And you too... You have to trust me too."
 
"I’ve trusted you since the first day we met," he laughed. "Well, see you tomorrow."
 
"See you! Bye!"
 
He waved his hand and smiled, and she thought it was the best smile he had ever shown to her.


__________________________

A/N: Hello, this is eternally! I just wanted to tell you that the story will be deeper in the next chapter, and maybe I will add some character into it. And also forgive me for the late update, guys! Thank you for reading, subscribing, and commenting my story!