Chapter 01

From Me, To You

 

A few minutes later, Suzy found herself in the midst of her family and two others at dining room.

Suzy didn't know who the guests were if her mother didn't tell her; Kim Myungsoo and his mother. At least there was little memory that came to her mind when she heard his name. Kim family were her childhood neighbor who moved to America ten years ago after their father died.

"How is America?" Suzy's father asked Myungsoo and aunt Kim.

Myungsoo held his head up and aswered him, "Hhm? America? Ah, still fine."

Suzy didn't actually know what the meaning behind the 'fine' word according to him, because in fact she never once went there. But one thing she knew, Los Angeles was definitely more crowded than Seoul.

"Then what is the reason you moved to Seoul, Gaeul-ssi?" Grandma asked his mother. Her wrinkles seemed more and more when she smiled, but grandma's face still looked fresh every day, Suzy knew that.

"Oh... It's because Myungsoo got a new job here. And I think it's not a bad idea if he take it and I go with him. Anyway I feel more comfortable here than our little apartment in Los Angeles."

"I think Seoul is almost similar to Los Angeles, Gaeul." Mom commented at Kim aunt, and the old group who sat in the dining room were laughing together, while the children sat side by side still didn't understand what was so funny in there.

Just like that, then dinner was over. While others were sitting and chatting in front of the TV, Suzy chose to help her mother and aunt Kim in the kitchen, washing dishes.

"Here, I'll help," Suzy bowed her head and took the glass that was almost rinsed by aunt Kim. "It looks bad if the guests do the dishes."

Aunt Kim chuckled lightly. "Suzy still turned out like that before."

Suzy responded with a soft smile, "It's nothing." She tried to be humble but she thinks she failed to do so.

"I hope you're brave enough to look after him."

Suzy didn't understand, she turned and saw the short woman beside her. "What do you mean, Aunt?"

"Oh, I think you already know, Suzy. It's about Myungsoo."

Suzy raised her shoulder briefly, then put the dishes into the cupboard and asked, "Something wrong with him?"

"He get a job to be the photographer at the magazine where you work. You MetroTeen journalist, isn't it?"

"How could...?" At that Suzy had felt there was something bad here. "Sorry, i mean, okay. Then?"

"Please take care of him. He forgot everything about Seoul and sometimes headache will strike him suddenly, it'll happen if he remember something - because of amnesia." Aunt Kim smiled hopefully at that time, and Suzy didn't find any other answer than 'yes'.

 

__________________________

 

 

The next day, Suzy and Myungsoo met again when she stood in front of his house.

She remembered when she was nine and everything was good back then, she always came to Myungsoo's house first before going to hers, just to play in the backyard with him. Then she remembered he left her when she was thirteen and he was fifteen, the house changed it owners became a businessman who always went abroad and moved away a year ago, and she never dropped her eyes on this house again.

At least until yesterday.

"Ugh-ah, well... Good morning."

He still wore his pyjama, rubbing his right eye and yawning but Suzy thought he was still as handsome as she saw yesterday. "You come?" He asked, his voice was hoarse.

"Yes. Aunt Kim - I mean, your mother - asked me to come, at eight o'clock." Suzy said as she looked at her watch.

"For what?"

"Well, I'm not even sure," Suzy said awkwardly, scratching her head. "Apparently we are working in the same office.What a good coincidence, isn't it? Ahaha! Oh, and she said I should... take care of you? Oh, actually I don't understand. Maybe it means we have to go work and come home together."

Myungsoo didn't say anything but, "Wait a minute." And opened the door wider for Suzy. He went upstairs and entered a room - Suzy still remembered it well, Myungsoo's room since kid.

Suzy stepped into the house. The wooden floor covered with thick green carpet, the walls were still covered with Victorian-style wallpaper, but just with few furniture.

The only chair in the house was in the kitchen, so Suzy sat there. She waited Myungsoo for several minutes until she heard his footsteps were approaching the kitchen and the figure of a man with a plaid shirt and coat appeared in front of her.

Myungsoo stretched out his hand, "Is it okay if I wear clothes like this?"

Suzy grinned, "That even would be funny if you wear a tie and something formal for a photographer."

Myungsoo just nodded. "That means I'm good."

"Whatever you say." Suzy commented, she wondered why this man never seemed happy - or, at least, laughed - since they met yesterday. And she found it disturbing in her mind. "We'd better go now."

"Okay. Oh, by the way, we'll take a cab?"

"No," Suzy shook her head and smiled. "I think this time we are better use the subway. Anyway it makes you know more about Seoul." Suzy took her handbag and walked out of the house.

Myungsoo snorted, walking behind her while whispering, "You know, I'm just waiting for my motocycle until next week and I don't have to use a crowded subway."

Suzy heard it but she tried hard to act like she didn't.

At least one thing she knew about Myungsoo now, he hated the subway.

Or he hated crowds.

 

__________________________

 

 

"The man..."

Suzy looked up and saw a tiny woman in front of her, Minyoung with a cup of Starbucks in her hand. Her eyes narrowed, looking at the younger girl.

"What?" Suzy laughed. "Which man?"

"The man who came to the office with you this morning, who is he?"

"Oh." Suzy grunted and straightened the sheet article for the next catalog. "New kid, a photographer."

"Then how could you know him?"

"He was my old neighbor, his family moved to Los Angeles several years ago and finally returned. We were good friends first." Suzy told all the basic thing to Minyoung, but she seemed not satisfied.

Minyoung put her cup on Suzy's desk. Suzy held her breath secretly, knowing if Minyoung already released her cup when discussing something, this was definitely going to be a long story.

"Do you still remember him?"

"Who?"

Minyoung hissed, "The new kid, of course. What's his name? "

"Kim Myungsoo." Suzy replied quickly, such as the natural rhythm of the heartbeat. "And I still remember him."

Minyoung clicked her tongue, didn't say anything.

"Okay. Just a little." Suzy tried to be honest. "It's been eleven years, and I can't remember all about him. Moreover, he doesn't remember anything about me, he had amnesia a few months ago. "

"Interesting," said Minyoung, but Suzy didn't understand. "All I know about people who have amnesia is their memory can come back if they do things that interesting for them."

"His mother said Myungsoo only interested in photography." Suzy replied, actually not too concerned. "And he's always doing that every day, until now."

"That's ridiculous, he does because it's his job."

"Unni, why do you always cared about insignificant things like that? That's not very useful," Suzy tried to protest.

"I like helping people, it's my hobby." Minyoung defend herself, but Suzy thought she wasn't doing it now.

"I only do it if he asked me. He has his own life and I'm not very feasible to find out all about it." Suzy forced herself to smile.

"Yes, maybe you're right." Minyoung massaged her head and closed her eyes. "Oh, I seem to think too much lately."

"You think too much, any time."

 

__________________________

 

 

Suzy did ask Myungsoo, by the way.

"Do you remember me?"

They were in a deserted subway, nearly ten o'clock at night. There were only about seven peoples in subway, everyone didn't have much words to say. The only thing they heard except their voices was the faint melody of an old lady phone across them.

"You?" Myungsoo closed his eyes. "I remember you."

There was little relief in the Suzy at that time, although she didn't know where it came.

"But if I try to remember a lot, my head feels dizzy."

Suzy snickered, "You say that as if I was a bad past."

Myungsoo laughed, smooth and light. Laughter that filled the blank in his heart, it was what Suzy thought. "I don't mean to, really."

"I get it." Suzy smiled shyly. "Oh, and what do you remember about me?"

"Just a little." Myungsoo said it sadly.

"And what's that?"

"When you fell from a tree in my backyard."

Suzy stared at him until she moaned softly. "You only remember the bad past about me, nice."

Myungsoo still giggled, turning his head and facing Suzy. "At least I remember something about you, you know."

"Whatever." Suzy just shrugged and turned away from him.

"Oh, hey." He called her. "Can you take me around the city now?"

"Now?" Suzy looked at him with disbelief. "It's ten o'clock at night and... really, what are you thinking? I don't want to take risks to get yelled at our parents. "

"Tell them I force you." Myungsoo grinned, and Suzy thought he was creepy.

Suzy rolled her eyes and sighed, but in the end she couldn't speak a thing because after that Myungsoo pulled her hand and dragged her out of the subway.

After that she knew tonight would be a long night.

 

__________________________

 

A/N: Hello, i'm eternally! This is my first fanfiction here and i hope you like it! I'm sorry for the lack of this story. I'm not a native English speaker, so i'm sorry if many grammatical/ typography/ vocab errors here. Thank you for reading, subscribing, and commenting my story! Really appreciated it!