Chapter 2

Her Secret Life

A/N: hello everyone!!! Well it's New Year's Eve so I though might as well update this story before 2015 is over! Can't wait for 2016!  So anyways I hope you all enjoy this chapter, although it may seem a bit short. I still can't seem to get the hang of things here on AFF so please feel free to go to my wattpad acc (17exoloover) to read this fanfic bc this fanfic will be up there also with the cover and pictures.  Thank you!~

Yerim’s POV
“Ugh what time is it?” Yerim groaned as she slammed her alarm clock telling it to shut up while observing her surroundings. Her eyelids weighed a ton as she felt them slowly closing on her. 

I've got 15 minutes before I'm late for school. The girl bolted straight up as she cursed at herself for falling back asleep. But the thought of school ruined her morning. No. That place can't be even called an international school. That place is like a jungle full of wolves and other carnivores waiting to scarf you down and watch you suffer unless you're someone who sparks an interest to them. She mentally groaned as she quickly got dressed in her uniform and tied her hair up in a quick ponytail and ran straight to the bathroom. 

She scarfed down the toast she made without choking, making sure to keep an eye on the clock that was moving way too fast for her to catch up. After becoming a SM trainee, the girl showed a lot of potential and the CEO wanted her in South Korea. She didn't hesitate to move, renting an apartment and enrolling in a new school as she left her family behind in America to achieve her dreams. And now here she was. She checked her bag, making sure she wasn't forgetting anything as she rushed outside to catch the bus. 

Yerim hurriedly sat down in the front row seats, knowing that the back row only meant trouble and she didn't want to deal with that this early in the morning.

“Clear your desks! We’re having a pop quiz on chapter 9!” Mr. G yelled as students quickly started reviewing their notes before clearing their desks. This was the first thing the brunette heard when the math teacher had stepped into the classroom. And just because of that one sentence her life seemed to be crashing down right in front of her. I'm in deep .

Wtf. He didn't even teach us this. This is BS!  The brunette thought as she looked around at her classmates as their faces scrunched up in confusion as they struggled to solve the problems as well. She flipped through the packet as she skimmed through the questions that made absolutely no sense to her as she bit her lip in irritation and started to at least try to solve the problems given. 

“Ugh that pop quiz totally ruined my average. What am I gonna do?” She whined to her friend, Sarah, who gave her the you're-gonna-be-fine look and walked off like she always did. Except this time Yerim knew that she was obviously doing it on purpose. It's okay Yerim. Just endure this bs You've only got to wait a year. Then you'll be able to debut. Yerim heaved a heavy sigh as she walked off to her next class, feeling useless.

Science, history, finances, and Spanish seemed to fly by and as soon as she knew it, it was time for lunch. She dreaded this period the most surprisingly. The girl was doing just fine without her ‘friends’ especially Sarah. She mentally started crying which earned started and weird looks from the other students but she didn't care. She dragged her feet towards her locker dreading what was going to happen next.

She struggled with her combination as usual as she groaned in frustration as she finally unlocked her locker and solved everything in.
“You okay?” Lauren, her classmate asked. And Yerim just smiled and nodded meekly before turning back around to stop the questions from being asked. As she looked herself in her tiny locker mirror. She looked like a mess. Her dark circles see bagging and her face had lost all of its color and she could see her collarbones protruding more than normal. She looked like she hadn't eaten in weeks. 

“Hey, come on!!”
“No way! I'm never gonna hand it over!”
“Please?”
“No!”
“Yes you will! Or else Yerim will kill you!”
“Right Yerim?”
“Yeah sure, whatever.”
She hated this feeling when her ‘friends’ only ever invited her into a conversation to only benefit themselves. She was always ignored when she talked so she just learned to stay quiet as the chaotic lunch room around her began to grow louder. 

“You're gonna come shopping with us this week right?”
“Yeah, sure.”
She's been through this before, all they wanted was her money. They obviously only wanted her to pay for the things they couldn't. Just one more year she thought to herself as she mentally glared at all of her ‘friends’ sitting at her table. As the bell rang she sighed again as all of her friends left and she was the last to leave her table. 

“Alright class!” Ugh just from the first two words from her LA teacher made Yerim want to leave ASAP as she zoned out on the teacher, only picking up a few important words here and there. “Essay…...partner………” And as soon as she was done, she found herself staring at a way too happy Clara. 
Ugh I can't believe I have to work with this smiley . She knew Clara too well, she was one of those popular wanna be es that acted stupid for attention. 
“So you can do all the work while I file my nails so they don't get broken again. But of course you wouldn't get the importance of that since you've never had a boyfriend,” she sneered as she rolled her eyes at me. 
“Of course! Totally wouldn't want that to happen.” Yerim replied rolling her eyes as she mentally cursed at the sitting next to her as she started typing ‘their’ essay together. She knew it was useless to argue since Clara would only start complaining and whining if she told on her. So might as well just write the essay and hand it in without her name on it. While Yerim walked out of the classroom after handing in her essay, she saw the teacher pulling Clara aside and she looked furious. Yerim stifled her laughs as she quickly got out of the classroom while avoiding any unnecessary eye contact.  

“Ugh ,” she cursed as she shoved her books into her locker and slammed it shut, she was going to be late, AGAIN. Ugh I'm gonna be in deep if I'm late this time.  She groaned as she turned around only to be met with her ‘friends’ again. 
“Are you gonna come today?”
“Nope. I can't. Sorry.”
“Why are you always never free after school?” They asked with a tint of annoyance in their tones. 
“Cause I'm busy.” She replied putting on her poker face as she slung her bag on her shoulder. 
“Where do you even go?”
“I have practice,” she replied monotonously. 
“Everyday?” They asked while easing an eyebrow.
Ah I'm gonna be late. 
“Sorry. I've gotta go.” The brunette said as she ran off towards the entrance of the school towards the SM building once again. 

The brunette tapped her foot impatiently, waiting and hoping for the cars to drive faster as she darted across the street as soon as the crossing guard allowed her too. She ran alongside the sidewalk zooming past all of the students and citizens while managing to check the time. 5 minutes left. I can't afford getting caught by the traffic light. She thought as she sprinted across the sidewalks as her life had depended on it. And as she started running faster and faster she could make out the hazy outline of the tall building and she smiled in glee.

She made it just in time as she walked in to find everyone else stretching and chatting in small groups.
“Oh look it's her.”
“She never even dares to come late does she?”
“How does she even run that fast ?”
“That must be desperate.”
“She's obviously got no talent.”
Yerim snorted at those remarks as she checked her phone when she saw the notifications go off.
‘We’re still going shopping tomorrow. Don't forget.’ Yerim mentally cursed as she read the text her ‘friends’ had sent her. It was complete bs. She sighed in frustration as the dance director shouted out orders to start their stretches. The director started telling again and it seemed as though that Yerim and her classmates were going to be having a tough time walking tomorrow. 
Tomorrow was going to be a hell of a day.