3/3

You Ruined Everything

Jimin was rudely woken up by his overly energetic best friend.

“J-I-M-I-N-NIE!” Taehyung giggled as he bounced on his sleeping friend.

“What do you want Tae?” Jimin groaned trying to hide under his pillow.

“You’re coming on an adventure with me and Jin!” Taehyung stole the pillow away.

“In other words, you’re making me third wheel you guys today.”

Taehyung laughed and nodded as Jimin sat up and popped his joints.

“I was having a nice dream too.” Jimin pouted “Just a few more minutes and…” Jimin stopped and shook his head as his cheeks turned pink.

“Oooh! What were you dreaming about?” Taehyung wiggled his eyebrows.

“Not whatever it is you think I was dreaming about.” Jimin sighed as he kicked Taehyung off his bed, the other laughing as he fell on the ground.

“No, but seriously, do you think it was one of those psychic dreams?” Taehyung asked straightening up.

“Maybe… I mean, I hope so.” Jimin blushed “It was such a nice dream. I don’t think it will come true though.”

“What happened?”

“So I was in an apartment, not my own, the walls were all white. I remember watching the TV and seeing a cool dance move…” Jimin started

“So you tried copying it like you always do.” Taehyung interrupted. “Get on with it already.”

“Yeah well, while I was dancing…” Jimin paused and smiled to himself. “I was proposed to.”

“You were what?!” Taehyungs sputters

“I was dancing and the person I was with asked me to marry him.” Jimin blushed still smiling. “And I asked if my dancing was that good and he then insulted me and then I joked telling him I wouldn’t marry him just because he decided to tell me I .” Jimin laughed to himself “And then he freaked and told me he was kidding and I said I was too and then just as we were about to kiss…” Jimin frowned “YOU had to come and wake me up!”

“Jimin!” Taehyung gawked “That sounds pretty realistic!”

Jimin nodded and smiled again “It was nice.”

“Do you remember who you were with?”

Jimin nodded again as he looked away.

“Who?” Taehyung asked. “Jimin, who asked you to marry him?”

“Min Yoongi.” Jimin sighed as he laid back down shaking his head.

“No ing way.” Taehyung squeaked as his jaw dropped. “Like, Jin’s best friend Yoongi?”

“That’s why I don’t think it was real.” Jimin shook his head. “Yoongi would never even date me let alone propose and marry me.” 

“ please.” Taehyung laughed “He’s so interested in you it’s almost painful.”

“Yeah right.” Jimin rolled his eyes.

“I have an idea!” Taehyung suddenly blurted out after a moment of silence.

“What?” Jimin jumped at the younger’s sudden outburst

“You don’t want to third wheel Jin and I right?” Taehyung paused as Jimin nodded. “Well, let’s call Jin and make him bring Yoongi along! It’ll be like a double date!”

“What?” Jimin gawked at the suggestion “No!”

“Too late!” Taehyung laughed as he sent the text to his boyfriend.

“Taehyung!” Jimin whined

Taehyung’s text alert went off within seconds and the younger smirked.

“He’s on it.”

“No!” Jimin squeaked. “I can’t face Yoongi after that dream!”

Taehyung only laughed as he started rummaging through Jimin’s closet for the elder to wear.

“You’ll be fine.” Taehyung grinned as he threw a pair of ripped jeans and t-shirt at his pouting friend. “Don’t forget to grab your snap back, your hair is a mess today.” He added as he left the room for Jimin to change.

 

When Jin entered Yoongi’s apartment to force him into Taehyung’s plan, the green haired man was already awake. Jin stood awkwardly at the bedroom door way as he watched Yoongi roll around angrily on his bed.

“Uh…” Jin coughed “Yoongi?”

Yoongi stopped rolling as he realized the presence of the older man. He sat up slowly as he glared at his friend.

“Are you ok?” Jin attempted

“I had that dream again.” Yoongi groaned

“The one where you ask Jimin to marry you?” Jin asked as his eyebrows shot up.

“That’s two nights in a row, Jin!” Yoongi hissed

“Yep. It’s a sign.” Jin smiled “Now get up and get ready you’re coming on an adventure with Taehyung and me today.”

“Are you actually going to make me third wheel you and your weird energetic boyfriend today?”

“Yes.” Jin nodded “Now get ready.” He left the room closing the door behind him.

Yoongi just shrugged and grabbed a sweater and a pair of blue jeans. And before he opened his bedroom door he also grabbed his glasses from the night stand, not feeling up to the trouble of contacts. Jin only gave him enough time to brush his teeth before he was being pushed out of his apartment.

“We’re going to be late!” Jin exclaimed as he started pulling Yoongi down the street.

“Dude chill, he’ll understand if we’re a little late.”

“No, no we can’t be late Yoongi.” Jin shook his head.

“Jeez, you’re too much like a mom sometimes.” Yoongi sighed as he rolled his eyes at his friend.

“Just hurry!” the elder whined.

 

By the time they got to the park where they were supposed to meet, Yoongi and Jin were the only two in sight.

“See?” Yoongi sighed as he leaned up against a nearby tree “He’s not even here yet, we didn’t need to hurry.”

“Maybe you’re right…” Jin mumbled to himself.

“You’re late.” Taehyung’s deep voice echoed from above them.

“Taehyung what the hell?” Jin asked as he looked up into the tree above him seeing his boyfriend lounging on a branch. “Why are you in a tree again?”

“You took too long to get here, what else was I supposed to do?” The youngest whined as he started climbing down.

“Wait patiently?” Yoongi raised his eyebrow

“That’s no fun.” Taehyung pouted when he finally made it down from his perch. “Besides you guys’ shocked expressions are great.”

Yoongi rolled his eyes.

“Stop doing such dangerous activities by yourself!” Jin chastised

“You sound like a mom.” Taehyung laughed “Besides I’m not alone.”

“Oh yeah…” Jin smirked slightly.

“What do you mean?” Yoongi asked confused.

“Jimin’s here too.” Taehyung grinned.

“He’s what?” Yoongi looked around and up in the tree Taehyung just came from “Where?”

“Uh” Taehyung looked around for a second “That’s actually a good question.” He laughed

“You don’t even know where he is?”  Jin asked after a moment of stunned silence.

“I mean…” Taehyung paused “I think he’s in one of these trees.”

“You think?” Yoongi dead panned

“I think.” Taehyung nodded

“Whatever, let’s just start looking for him.” Yoongi sighed “you two go that way, I’ll go this way.” He said pointing which way for the other two to go.

“Why wasn’t he in that tree with you?” Jin asked as they started looking for Jimin.

“He’s mad at me because I woke him up from a dream and then forced him to come on this almost double date.”

“What was the dream about?” Jin asked “Did he tell you?”

“He told me.” Taehyung nodded as he bit his lip. “If I tell you please keep it a secret.”

“Of course! I promise.” Jin nodded

“Well…” Taehyung sighs. “his dream was about…” he mumbled the rest so quietly that Jin couldn’t hear.

“What was that last part?” Jin tried not to smile at how cute his boyfriend was being.

“HedreamtthatYoongiaskedhimtomarryhim” Taehyung said in one breath.

“He… he dreamt what?” Jin blinked having to process what Taehyung had said.

“He dreamt that Yoongi” Taehyung repeated slower this time “Asked him to marry him.”

Jin stopped walking covering his mouth with his hand.

“Jin?” Taehyung asked turning to his boyfriend “Are you ok?”

“That’s just…” Jin burst out into laughter “That’s great.”

“What’s so funny?” Taehyung pouted “Is it so impossible that your friend would ask Jimin to marry him?”

“No.” Jin said through between giggles “No it’s not that.”

“Then what are you laughing at?”

“Yoongi had the same dream.” Jin laughed

“He what?” Taehyung gasped.

Jin only nodded as a response.

“That’s great!” Taehyung laughed

“It really is.” Jin agreed

“Aww my Jiminie is gonna get married” Taehyung cooed

“You sound like they’re already engaged.” The older teased.

“They will be soon!” Taehyung grinned.

 

Yoongi on the other hand was enjoying his quiet walk through the park by himself while keeping an eye on the branches of the trees looking for Jimin. It was peaceful, no sounds besides the birds chirping and the leaves swaying the breeze.

This is nice’ he thought to himself as he closed his eyes. He let his mind wander back to his dream and the past few days he spent with Jimin.

Sure, the kid was good looking, and had a good sense of humor, and had the voice and personality of an angel, AND had a smile brighter than the sun. But was that really enough for Yoongi to want to marry him? Yoongi didn’t even want to be in a relationship, and yet his mind is creating dreams of proposals. He enjoyed Jimin’s presence and admittedly was attracted to him but dreaming about marriage was something that never happened to Yoongi before, even when he thought he was in love.

“Maybe it is a sign…” Yoongi shook his head as he continued walking down the path, stopping only when he heard a sigh. “Jimin?” he called looking up into the tree only to see the orange haired man sulking on a low branch.

The younger jumped when he heard Yoongi’s voice, almost falling in the process.

“Yah! Be careful brat!” Yoongi hissed as Jimin steadied himself on the branch.

“Sorry.” The younger said only just barely loud enough to reach Yoongi’s ears.

“You should come down from there.” Yoongi stated “Jin and Taehyung are looking for you.”

“Go away please!” Jimin called down to Yoongi

“What?” Yoongi raised an eyebrow “Why?”

“I don’t feel like facing anybody right now!” Jimin whined, still embarrassed about the dream he had earlier.

“Yeah? Welcome to my life.” Yoongi half joked “Now come down here or I’ll go up there.”  

Jimin stared at Yoongi for a few moments, deciding what to do.

“Well I guess you’re coming up here.”  Jimin decided to tease the elder.

Yoongi sighed and started to walk towards the tree to start climbing.

“What are you doing?!” Jimin screeched as he watched Yoongi the toe of his shoe into a small hole in the trees trunk.

“I’m coming up there?” Yoongi pauses his actions to look up at the orange haired man, whom is staring wide eyed down at him.

“No, no, don’t do that!’ Jimin objected “It’s dangerous and you could get hurt.”

“Well if you’re not coming down, I have no choice.” Yoongi sighed “Besides, if its so dangerous the why do you do it?”

“Touché” Jimin sighed “Fine I’ll come down! You’re probably gonna hurt yourself if I don’t.”

 “What’s that?” Yoongi feigned annoyance.

“Nothing!” Jimin chuckled slightly as he made his way down the tree.

Yoongi took a moment to look at the younger, analyzing his outfit and choice of head wear before saying anything.

“You look like a boy.” Yoongi dead panned after a moment. 

“Yeah, well…” Jimin paused eying the elder’s scarf and wire framed glasses “You look like a grandpa.” He shot back.

“Touché” Yoongi laughed “C’mon we have to go find the lovebirds so we can get on with the day.”

Jimin sighed as he and Yoongi began walking back in the direction the elder originally came from.  

“What’s with the sighing?” Yoongi side eyed Jimin.

“Nothing.” Jimin shook his head trying to ignore Yoongi’s stare.

“Bull, Park.” Yoongi stopped walking “Spill it, what’s wrong?”

“I just had a weird dream last night, is all.” Jimin stopped walking as well.

“And why is that making you mope around like this?” Yoongi asked “Look at you, you’re not even making eye contact with me.”

 “I don’t think I can face the world now because of it.” Jimin blushed. “And no, before you ask it wasn’t anything ual, Tae already teased about that.”

“What was it about then Jimin?” Yoongi tested “It couldn’t have been so incredibly terrible that you have to dig a hole and hide for the rest of your life.” He half joked.

“Nothing!” Jimin flushed almost completely red, as Yoongi’s voice echoed in his head asking him to marry him. “The dream wasn’t about anything I swear!”

“Oh, I get it.” Yoongi laughed at the look on Jimin’s face. “It was one of those psychic dreams Taehyung was talking about.”

“Oh god I hope so…” Jimin paused as his face flushed even deeper, if that was even possible. “I mean I hope not.”

“Must have been one hell of a dream.” Yoongi burst into a small fit of laughter.

Jimin made a small whiney noise from embarrassment. Yoongi laughed as they kept walking.
“Look!” Jimin said after a moment pointing in the direction of their two friends sitting on a bench “Those two weren’t even looking for me.”

“Wow.” Yoongi tried not to laugh “They just made me do all of the ing work”

“I’m sorry that looking for me was such an effort.” Jimin said sarcastically

“Hey, I got out of bed for you.” Yoongi said back jokingly. Jimin blushed “Honestly I would’ve gone home already if it weren’t for you being lost in the trees.”

“I wasn’t lost!” Jimin shot back at him “I knew where I was.”

“Yeah well we didn’t.” Yoongi poked his forehead. “Some of us were worried.”

“Some meaning none.” Jimin scoffed “Tae and Jin were probably too busy being all gross to notice.”

“Some meaning me.” Yoongi stated. Jimin stopped walking to look at him, a blush creeping back onto his face. “I mean I didn’t want to have to third wheel by myself, I was worried you ditched me.” Yoongi quickly back tracked when he realized what he just said.

“I almost wish I had.” Jimin scoffed, trying to hide his embarrassment.

“I’m glad you didn’t” Yoongi didn’t give the younger a chance to respond before calling out to the other two. “Hey asshats! I found him!”

They watched as the two jumped up from their place. Taehyung immediately started waving his arms motioning for them to come over faster, which only made them want to walk slower.

If Jimin was being honest he didn’t know why Taehyung decided to force him to third wheel him. He probably never would know. Even if he asked he’d probably just get a finger to the lips and an eyebrow wiggle. So with this Jimin just decided it would be best to shrug it off and go to his best friend.

Yoongi on the other hand had an idea of why Jin brought him here. He knew it had something to do with Jimin, and although he wished he could just tell the elder to go himself, he couldn’t bring himself to when he saw Jimin’s smiling face walking next to him.

And throughout the whole day whenever Yoongi would get annoyed, or was ready to just up and leave, Jimin would do or say something, anything, and Yoongi was back to being chill and he’d stick around just a little longer.  Before Yoongi knew it, it was evening and he was still out with the three others.

“Ah it looks like it’s going to rain” Jin sighed as he looked up at the sky.

“Aw really?” Taehyung whined “That ”

“I like the rain” Jimin grinned as he fell into step with Yoongi

“Not when you’re walking outside.” Taehyung rolled his eyes “Which is kinda what we’re doing.”

“I think it’s refreshing.” Jimin just shrugged, watching as Taehyung took Jin’s hand in his own.

“It’s also a good way to get sick.” Jin added “Yoongi would know about that.”

“Oh shut up.” Yoongi frowned crossing his arms over his chest defensively

“What do you mean?” Taehyung asked raising an eyebrow.

“Let’s just say” Jin paused chuckling slightly “Yoongi tends to do stupid things when it rains.”

“I just like to walk in the rain!” Yoongi groaned “Jimin’s right, it’s refreshing.”

“Finally someone agrees with me” Jimin cheered

“Yeah well” Jin scoffed “Have fun getting sick together”

“On the bright side the two of you won’t be dying alone.” Taehyung grinned.

And with that the two of them broke into a sprint, leaving their two very confused best friends alone.

“What the- huh?” Jimin frowned at their retreating figures “Uh, Yoongi, do you know what just happened?”

“I have no ing clue.” Yoongi blinked shaking his head. “Maybe they wanted to be alone?”

“Then why’d they ask us to come with them today?” Jimin whined “Aish those guys.”

Yoongi sighed looking up at the sky was the first raindrops started to fall. He removed his glasses as the condensation started to fog them. And he smiled as he felt the droplets falling a little faster.

“Well, what do you say?” He grinned looking back at Jimin, who seeming to be watching him “Care to take a walk with me?”

“If I’m gonna get sick from being out here” Jimin smiled “I might as well make the best of it.”

 

And so they walked. They weren’t heading to anywhere important, nor did they even have a place in mind. They just walked. Neither of them complained as their clothes got soaked and began sticking to their bodies. They’d talk about nothing in particular, and honestly, this was the nicest walk he’s ever taken.  

“Hey Yoongi?” Jimin spoke softly to which Yoongi hummed a response “Can I try something?”

“What do you wanna try?” Yoongi asked eyeing the younger as they stopped walking

“Just…” Jimin paused moving closer to Yoongi, taking his hand in his own. “This?”

“You can try” Yoongi shrugged, intertwining their fingers as he started walking again. And out of the corner of his eye he could see the smile that made him forget that the sun was hidden behind the rain.

“Yoongi?” Jimin asked again “Can I ask why you gave up on finding love?”

Yoongi stopped walking looking at the younger with an unreadable expression.

“I’m sorry. You don’t have to tell me.” Jimin quickly backtracked “It’s none of my business. I’m sorry- I just curious. I don’t”

“Jimin, it’s fine.” Yoongi interrupted the younger, chuckling a little “I just haven’t had a lot of luck in that department, so I figured it’d be better to just… give up.”

“So you’re not 100% against the idea?” Jimin asked tilting his head

“Not 100% against it, no.” Yoongi shook his head “I mean I was I little while ago, but now I’m pretty neutral.”

“In that case, can I try something else?” Jimin sniffed, wiping his soaked bangs from his forehead.

“Nobody’s stopping you.” Yoongi rolled his eyes as Jimin took another step closer

“But you could.” Jimin countered quietly leaning in slightly, breath ghosting over Yoongi’s lips

“But I won’t” Yoongi responded, not making a move forward or backward

Jimin stayed there for a moment searching the elder’s eyes for any hint of hesitance. Seeing none, he pressed forward, capturing Yoongi’s lips with his own and for a split second the world stopped. Everything felt right, and nothing mattered to them. Not the fact that they’ll both probably be sick from staying in the rain too long, not the past, not Yoongi’s plan, nothing.

 

 

They both ended up getting sick, neither allowed out of their own apartments for a month, mama Jin’s orders. But that didn’t stop them from texting every day. When they finally were allowed to see each other, they went for a walk. The whole time their hands never left the others and smiles never left their faces. And maybe, just maybe, Yoongi didn’t mind the fact that his plan was completely and uttered destroyed.

“Hey Jimin.” Yoongi smiled as he took a sip from his coffee.

“Yeah?” Jimin answered cocking his head to the side cutely

“You really did ruin everything.” Yoongi sighed “And I couldn’t be happier.”

 

And there were three things Yoongi knew as he intertwined his fingers with his boyfriend’s.

  1. His plan to stay single was foiled
  2. Park Jimin was the idiot that ed that plan up
  3. He was so glad that he let it happen

 

 

A/N: AAAANNNDD THAT'S IT!! oh my god i'm so sorry this took so long to write ahhh!! Something about the teaser for Fire literally inspired me to like write none stop, just like i've been listening to the teaser none stop lmao. 

I'd really like to thank all of you for wishing me well when i got sick! i love you guys alot and you guys helped me feel better! Thank You!!!

So i realized that i never mention Namjoonie and Kookie the entire fic so i'm gonna write a bonus chapter that has them. 

!!!! PLEASE COMMENT!!!! I love to hear what you guys think! I love all of your comments so much so please! Please! Comment, i promise i wont bite!