1/3

You Ruined Everything

“That’s it! I’m just done!” Yoongi was beyond frustrated. He had just come from his third failed first date sense he decided to try dating again after his break up.  “Love just isn’t for me. I’ll just go home and try to go to sleep or something, yeah that sounds good to me.” He said putting his head down on the table.

“Oh, c’mon Yoongi don’t be like that.” Hoseok, Yoongi’s best friend chuckled from across the table. “You just haven’t met the right person yet; they say true love comes at the most unexpected times you know.”

“You know I don’t believe in that” Yoongi grumbled bitterly. “And when I thought I did, I was wrong.”

It had been a year sense the Yoongi’s break up, but it was still understandable as to why he doesn’t believe in love anymore. Yoongi had walked in on his boyfriend of three years in bed, with a woman. That’s not something he could really get over. Ever. Even if he did find someone else to love there would always be a voice in his head reminding him that it happened once and that it could happen again.

“I’m just not going to do the whole love thing, ever again.” Yoongi said with an uncharacteristically determined glint in his eye. “I’m going to stay single and nobody can stop me!” he looked at Hoseok with his gummy smile “That’s the best course of action, after all love is a lie.”

Hoseok was just starring wide eyed at Yoongi. He wasn’t sure he heard him properly. Even though Min Yoongi was a lazy grump he had always wanted to find true love, even sense Mid school where they had first met. Hoseok couldn’t believe what he was hearing as Yoongi started to explain how he was going to avoid love.

“All I have to do is avoid any situation where I might be flirted with” Yoongi started “It’s actually quite simple, why hadn’t I thought of this before?! I mean I went a whole year without dating anyone I can go the rest of my life.” Yoongi laughed creepily. In that moment Hoseok knew that his best friend had gone insane, just from the way he laughed.

“But Yoongi, what about all those times you told me about your plans for the future?” Hoseok gulped hoping Yoongi would stop laughing that way. “About how you wanted kids and all of the things that came with married life? I mean isn’t that why you worked so hard for such a well-paying job as a music producer?” Yoongi stopped laughing.

“That was the original plan Hoseok.” He stated simply “But I actually like my job, so now even though I’m never going to have that plan, I can still enjoy the work and the money.” He grinned.

Hoseok just nodded nervously. This was something that he never expected to hear from his best friend, and frankly he was a little shocked. When they had met in the last year of middle school, Yoongi was an extremely energetic person, but he was also a hopeless romantic and spent half his time reading, and talking about, romance novels. Hoseok back then was also extremely energetic but didn’t read that much, somehow though they became best friends. When Yoongi wasn’t reading he was messing around with Hoseok, they were practically inseparable. As the years went on Yoongi became lazier and slept a lot, and that means A LOT, more than before. He also became kind of a grump. Hoseok stayed energetic, he might have even gotten more enthusiastic about things throughout the years. But they were still practically attached at the hip. Hoseok knew Yoongi better than anybody, so when he says that Yoongi wasn’t being himself, he knew what he was talking about. He was trying frantically to think of something to change the subject to, because Yoongi was kind of scarring him still.

“You know my gym right?” Hoseok asked finally deciding on a subject.

“The one you work at?” Yoongi said raising and eyebrow “What about it?”

“Well they just hired a new guy, Park J-something I can’t remember” Hoseok informed. “I’m in charge of training him.” he smiled.

“Oh? They’ve never let you near the trainees before.” Yoongi half joked “Don’t kill him or anything.”

“Yeah, yeah, yeah.” Hoseok sighed “I just brought it up in case you want to come meet him, he starts tomorrow.” Hoseok saw Yoongi’s eyebrows shoot up in disbelief. “I don’t mean ‘come meet him and try to flirt’ I mean it in a ‘you need more friends than just Seokjin and I’ kind of way.” He clarified.

“Maybe, we’ll see how my day goes tomorrow.” Yoongi shrugged, standing up “See you later man, I’m going home to sleep.” He waited until Hoseok responded with his signature ‘Brighter than the sun’ smile before he walked away.

 

The streets were empty as Yoongi walked back to his apartment. A cold gust of wind made him wish he had brought a heavier jacket.

“It’s ing January what is wrong with me?” he mumbled to himself as he wrapped is hoodie tighter around himself and kept walking.

“Hey dude!” Yoongi heard a voice exclaim. Yoongi looked around but didn’t see anybody. He shook his head and took another step before “Over here! Please! I could uh, use some help?” Yoongi looked around again, this time he looked down the small passage way between the apartment buildings and he saw some idiot with his head trapped between the bars of the gate.

“What the ?” was all Yoongi was able to say as he made his way to the trapped man.

The man stuck his hand out through the bars and smiled at Yoongi. “I’m Jimin, Nice to meet you, as you can see I’m very stuck.” he beamed, his smile might have actually been brighter than Hoseok’s and Yoongi had to blink a few times before he was able to respond.

“Yoongi…” He greeted “Can I ask how the you ended up being stuck here?” He asked bluntly.

“A squirrel stole my homework” Jimin said still smiling, but he didn’t seem to be joking. Jimin saw the obvious ‘what the dude?’ face Yoongi was making and attempted to explain. “I prefer to work outside, the cold air keeps me awake and keeps me focused. College is hard man; I don’t know how I’ve managed. But tonight that stupid squirrel came up and took my papers!”

“Ok…” Yoongi nodded trying to understand “But how’d you end up here?”

“I chased it”

“You what?” Yoongi sputtered “Who the chases a squirrel for homework?!”

“Well, what was I supposed to do? Tell my teacher a squirrel stole my music sheets? That’s less believable than the classic ‘my dog ate my homework’ .” Jimin pouted

“That’s fair” Yoongi nodded “So what do you want me to do?”

“No idea, I just need help” Jimin grinned.

“Do you ever stop smiling?” Yoongi asked as he tried to assess the situation Jimin was in.

 

Twenty minutes and many curse words later, Jimin was free, and they both were out of breath. They sat there for a minute just looking at each other trying to catch their breaths. Jimin Burst into giggles and Yoongi couldn’t help but to laugh as well, the kid’s laugh was really ing contagious.

“Let me buy you a hot chocolate or something. As thanks.” Jimin said standing up, still laughing slightly. Yoongi hesitated, he knew in his head that he should say no and say something cheesy like ‘maybe in another life’ or something but his mouth acted faster than his head.

“You owe me that much.” Yoongi laughed, standing up as well. He grimaced at his decision slightly, he knew this went against his plan, but it wasn’t like he could back out now. “I have I friend that works at a coffee shop nearby, he’d probably give you a discount.”

Jimin let out a puff of air “That’s a relief, I’ve only got a little cash on me.” He laughed to himself.

On the walk to the café Yoongi learned a lot about Jimin. He learned that Jimin was a dance major at the nearby college.  He learned Jimin was two years younger than him, and born on Friday the thirteenth. Yoongi tried to joke saying he must be a very unlucky person, which Jimin agreed to immediately.

“Well yeah, I mean just tonight, I lost my coffee to a cat, my best friend stepped on my sandwich, a squirrel stole my homework, and then I got stuck in a fence.” Jimin chuckled “The closest thing to something ‘lucky’ happening to me was you walking by and saving me.”

“I’d hardly call meeting me lucky” Yoongi said stuffing his hands in his pockets.

“Without you I’d probably still be stuck in the fence.” Jimin shrugged with a smile on his face.

Jimin learned about Yoongi as well. Jimin learned that Yoongi was a grump. He learned that Yoongi is a music producer. Jimin learned that he spent most of his time working, and even in his free time Yoongi’s still writing music. He learned that Yoongi was a walking contradiction. And Jimin learned that he wanted to learn more about him. Jimin found Yoongi to be festinating and he hadn’t even realized that they were already at the coffee shop until Yoongi stopped walking.

“Here it is.” Yoongi said pushing the door open. Jimin had been here before, his best friend Taehyung would force him to go there with him to see his boyfriend who worked there. Jimin grinned as he entered letting the familiar atmosphere and smell of fresh cookies over take his senses. Yoongi did the same. Yoongi came here often too, after all his other best friend besides Hoseok, Seokjin, worked here.  Hoseok and him often went there and Seokjin would give them discounts or sneak out messed up orders to them.

“JINNIE!” Yoongi called out startling Jimin. Luckily for them they seemed to be the only customers in the shop. They could hear a clattering coming from the kitchen, before a familiar head of brown hair popped around the corner.

“Oh, Yoongi its just you I thought that…” Seokjin trailed off noticing Jimin standing next to Yoongi. He raised an eye brow wondering why the two of them were together. He knew that Jimin couldn’t have been the date had earlier that day because he got a text from Hoseok saying the date was a flop. But he still couldn’t fathom why Park Jimin, the best friend of the man he was dating, was here with Min Yoongi.

Jimin’s jaw dropped slightly seeing that Yoongi’s friend was in fact his best friend’s boyfriend Jin.

“Just me? That’s rude.” Yoongi pouted. “I brought an acquaintance you know.”  

Jin finally composed himself shaking his head a little. “Where do you guys want to sit? You’re the only customers at the moment so it doesn’t really matter all that much.”

The two of them shrugged and sat at the nearest table. Jin still can’t figure why the two are there together but he figures he should fulfil his duties of a job before he starts asking questions. Yoongi orders a hot chocolate and Jimin just asks for a water. Jin walked off to go make the Hot cholate and The two sitting started chatting about nothing really unparticular but laughing every now and then.

“They’d really make a cute couple” Jin grinned to himself pulling his phone out to check his texts.

Yoongi and Jimin were laughing at a joke Yoongi had made about the squirrel when they heard Jin shout a long string of curse words and come marching angrily towards Yoongi, without the hot chocolate. The two at the table starred at him wide eyed until he finally broke the silence.

“What the is this I hear about giving up Min Yoongi?” Jin asked, this was the most enraged Yoongi had ever seen Jin, and this was the first time Jimin saw Jin with an expression other than a smile. Both were shocked “Who the told you that you could just stop trying?!”

“What?” Was all Yoongi could manage to say in his state of shock.

“Don’t what me! Hoseok texted me about your plan!” Jin glared. Something clicked in Yoongi’s brain as he started to understand the situation. Kim Seokjin was and equal, if not a bigger, romantic than Yoongi was. Of course he’d be upset finding out Yoongi planned to stay single for the rest of his life.

“Oh… That plan.” Yoongi smiled bitterly “I told myself that that is what I want. It was just too much trouble to keep looking, I don’t think it’s really worth the trouble.” The older males seemed to forget that the completely confused Jimin was sitting right there not even two feet away from them.

Jin seemed taken aback by his response. This didn’t sound like the Yoongi he knew, at all. It was the same face, the same voice, same body, same smile, but this wasn’t him. “You can’t just give up Yoongi. I’m sure that you can find it eventually.” Seokjin’s voice softened. “I mean, even I found it, I may have found it in an energetic idiot who apparently stepped on a sandwich today, but it’s still there and I’m sure you’ll find it if you keep looking.”

‘what are they talking about?’ Jimin thought ‘what the did Jin find with an idiot who stepped on a sandwi- is he talking about Taehyung? What the ?’

“I don’t want to keep looking Seokjin.” Yoongi stated firmly. “I’m just not going to find it again there’s so point.”

“What do you mean there’s no point in love?!” Jin scoffed loudly, making Jimin almost jump out of his seat. Jimin looked from Jin to Yoongi wide eyed. He was starting to kind of understand what the argument was about, but he didn’t understand why they were arguing over it. He coughed awkwardly, the two jumping when they remembered he was there. Jimin raised an eyebrow when they both looked over at him stiffly.

“It’s nothing” Yoongi sighed rubbing his temples. Jin apologized and then went back off to the kitchen, probably finishing the hot how chocolate.

“I’m not gonna pry.” Jimin said after a moment of silence. “But I have to tell you that the sandwich that he mentioned earlier was mine.” Yoongi looked at him with confusion “You know he said earlier ‘I may have found it in an energetic idiot who apparently stepped on a sandwich today’ or something like that? That was my sandwich that was stepped on.” Jimin grinned trying to lighten the mood. Yoongi gave him a weak smile just as Jin came back out this time with the hot chocolate, and Jimin’s water. Jin left again after giving them their orders, telling them he’ll be in the back room because he had to ‘take care of some things’ but really he was just going to cool down after the argument. Things were quiet for a few minutes, Jimin and Yoongi only sipping their drinks, when all of sudden Yoongi realized something and started choking on his drink. Jimin immediately stood up and patted Yoongi’s back until he was ok.

“What caused such a violent reaction?” Jimin joked.

“You said that your best friend stepped on your sandwich” Yoongi started. “And you said that the sandwich that Jin was talking about earlier was your sandwich.”

“Yeah?” Jimin nodded

“But Jin was talking about his boyfriend when he was talking about the sandwich.” Yoongi said.

“Yeah, my idiot best friend, Kim Taehyung, is dating Seokjin.” Jimin stated with a wide grin.

“It’s a small world I guess” Yoongi sighs and takes another sip of the hot chocolate Jimin had bought him.

They spent the rest of their time that night chatting about random subjects. After Yoongi had finished his ‘thank you’ drink they decided to head out. Before they could though Jin raced out and apologized while hugging Yoongi’s head.

“I’m sorry! I shouldn’t have been so harsh Yoongi” he said as he Yoongi’s hair “I was just shocked”

“Its fine, its fine” Yoongi sighed trying to push Seokjin off “Just stop ing hugging me for the love of god!”

Jimin and Yoongi walked together until they reached the street that Yoongi lived on.

“This is my stop.” Yoongi jested as he came to a halt. “Bye, Jimin. Don’t get stuck in another fence.”

Jimin laughed “Bye Yoongi. I make no promises.” Jimin smiled his way too bright smile that made Yoongi want to squint like he was looking at the sun “I’ll see you later!” and walked back to his home.

Yoongi knew three things for certain when he got home that night:

  1. He was 100% done trying to find love.
  2. He planned to stay single for the rest of his life.
  3. Park Jimin is the idiot that was going to ruin everything he planned. 

 

 

A/N: I thought i'd post part one tonight before i go to bed! tell me what you think in the comments! (This was originally supposed to be a short one shot idk what happened)