Two

Immature Love

 

 

 

 

 

“Taeyeon?”

 

 

Taeyeon’s eyes widened as she recognized that voice. She turned around again immediately just to see Jessica approaching her with smile on her face. Taeyeon looked at her in cringe.

 

 

“Hahaha, what’s with your face? Am I that scary?” Jessica laughed. “What are you doing here?”

“I… Uhm… I just ate at one of my favorite café. It’s near from here.”

“Ooh.”

“Why are you here, Jessica?”

“Bought some things at that supermarket.” Jessica lifted her shopping bag and pointed at the said place not too far from their place. “I saw you here so I approach you. I thought you were talking to someone earlier?”

“Huh? N-No. I didn’t talk to anyone.”

“Ooh. Are you going home now? How about walk together?”

“Okay.”

 

 

 

Taeyeon heaved quietly, so relieved that Jessica didn’t see her with Tiffany. They separated their way after some times later then Taeyeon went home to her apartment. The next day, she went to her workplace like usual and greeted her coworkers when she entered the teacher’s room. Some teachers are gathering at a table and talked seriously, attracting Taeyeon’s attention. She approached them curiously.

 

“What’s going on?” She asked one of the teacher.

“There’s a gossip about one of our student is dating a teacher.”

Taeyeon dropped her jaw but immediately closed it. She’s speechless she can’t think of anything to say, she just listened to the other teachers’ conversation.

“Headmaster’s wife saw them last night, hugging in public place, the teacher carried this school’s teacher’s bag, and the student wore this school’s uniform.”

“But it can’t be, can it? Who would break that rule, and how could they be so reckless, hugging in public place. I don’t think our teacher is that dumb.”

“I can’t believe it.”

“Who would date their own student??”

“Maybe headmaster’s wife didn’t see it clearly. She didn’t even see their faces.”

“Looks like headmaster will do some interrogation. I don’t know, he’s really bothered by this gossip.”

 

 

Taeyeon stayed silent. She clenched her fist and tried to smile or at least to look interested at this gossip. But from what she heard, looks like no one really knows who they are.

 

 

“But…” One of the teacher said. “If the gossip is true, who would it be? Who among us is that teacher? What do you think?”

“I don’t know, we’re old. Hahaha. It’d be a very big problem if an old teacher dates a student.”

“Probably some young teacher, like…”

 

Everyone turned their head to Taeyeon. The latter just gave them confuse and innocent look.

 

“Could it be you?” One of them laughed and nudged Taeyeon’s shoulder.

“Of course no! Hahahaha.” Taeyeon laughed.

“Of course, Miss Kim, I’m just kidding.”

“But, really…” Said the other teacher. “I’m curious. Who could it be?”

“Maybe this teacher doesn’t know about the rules…”

“But we all know.”

“Hmmmm…” Everyone is now furrowing their eyebrows and wondering.

 

“Good morning, everyone.”

 

All of them turned their head and saw Jessica who just came and greeted them. She, like Taeyeon, saw everyone is gathering at one table and felt curious so she approached them. Like on a cue, everyone (except Taeyeon) is widening their eyes and gasp. Looks like they got one same thought.

 

“Miss Jung!!”

“Y-Yes?” Jessica looked at them puzzledly.

“Miss Jung, where were you last night around 9pm?” Asked a teacher.

“Huh? I was… at XYZ supermarket, if I’m not wrong.”

 

The teachers faced each other and whispered noisily.

 

“That supermarket is near from the said place!”

“D-Do you think she is…”

“She’s young, pretty, and many students like her…”

“I’m pretty sure…”

“W-What’s going on here?” Jessica asked Taeyeon.

“There’s a gossip. Err, it’s not important. I’ll help you.” Taeyeon cleared then called everyone to get their attention. “Everyone, Miss Jung maybe did go to that place last night, but she’s not that teacher we are talking about.”

“How do you know?” A teacher asked her.

“I was with her all night long yesterday.”

 

 

Everyone muted, including Jessica. Taeyeon raised her eyebrows, confused. Then she realized her big mistake.

 

“N-No no no! I mean I was with her last night, but only when we walked at that street.”

 

 

 

But Taeyeon knew it’s too late to pull back her words. It wasn't something that is supposed to be a problem, but some of her colleagues are really into gossip. By the lunch time, there’s already a hot gossip around the school about Taeyeon and Jessica are dating. Students are really excited to talk about them yet some of them are brokenhearted. Turned out that many students and even teachers actually already ship them from the day Jessica arrived, and they called them something like TaengSic. Tiffany was eating with her two bestfriends when one of her classmate ran into their classroom and spreaded the rumour to everyone in the room. Tiffany spilled her drink and almost attacking the teacher’s room if only Yoona and Hyoyeon didn’t hold her and told her that it was just a rumour. They dragged her home right after the school ended. Now they are in Tiffany’s room and put their hands on their own ears.

 

 

“That new teacher!!! I hate her so muuuccchhhh!!!!!!!!” Tiffany screamed her loudest voice ever. “She spreaded rumour about TaeTae and her dating and enjoy every attention she got for that!!!! Attention seeker!! How dare she… I hate her I hate her I hate her!!!!! Such a *censored* *censored**censored* *censored*!!!!!!!!!!!”

 

 

Tiffany finally stop screaming and panting heavily. Slowly, her two friends pulled away their hands from their ears and sighed after makes sure Tiffany is already stop screaming now.

 

“Phew, what a voice.” Yoona scratched her earlobe with her finger.

“Be cool, Tiff, be cool! That was just a rumour!” Hyoyeon slapped the angry girl’s shoulder and laughed. “You need sugar. Sugar helps you manage your anger. Let’s go buy crepes or cakes!”

“No.” Tiffany yanked Hyoyeon’s hand. “I want to go to Taeyeon’s place.”

“Miss Kim is still at school. Do you really want to talk to her now? In front of other teachers?”

“Yes.”

“Tiff, Tiff.” Yoona shook her head with her trademark ‘Tiff, Tiff’. “What have I told you about being childish?”

“You should be more cool sometimes, Tiff.” Hyoyeon said. “You may go to Miss Kim’s place, but don’t yell and mess up everything like a little kid.”

“But I hate that Jung! I need to give her some lesson!”

“How about this? You go talk to Miss Kim and ask her boldly about her feeling, make her give her words about never stay too close to Miss Jung and make her say she loves you.”

Tiffany muted.

“Give her one more chance, maybe?” Yoona said.

“Bonus: we will treat you crepes if you can hold your anger now.” Hyoyeon added.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon emptied her glass in one gulp and put it on the table while groaned. She played with her chopsticks while zoning out to the table, lips curled in. Jessica, who sat in front of her, looked at her confusedly but found it cute so she chuckled.

 

 

“What’s bothering you, Taeng?”

“Hm? Nothing.” Taeyeon smiled slightly to convince.

“About the gossip? About us?”

“Uhm, well, we can do nothing about that. I’m so sorry, Jessica.”

“I’m happy, actually.” Jessica mumbled.

“What?”

“Nothing. It’s okay. It won’t take a long time for them to forget it.” Jessica smiled calmly.

“But if we go out together like this they’ll still talk about that.” Taeyeon said.

 

The younger girl approached her table earlier when they just finished working and asked her to accompany her have dinner at a food stall at the side of a street, and Taeyeon couldn’t refuse. Actually she needs someone to talk to about the gossip, but everyone else will only . Tiffany? She will kill Taeyeon for sure this time. So Jessica is the only one.

 

“Let them say what they want to say.” Jessica chuckled. “Or… You don’t want to be paired with me?”

“I-It’s not like that! Really!” Taeyeon immediately said. “I just… Err…” She just has an overly-attached girlfriend.

“So you want to be paired with me?” Jessica smiled.

Taeyeon muted. It’s a trap, her instinct said that, but it’s rude to say no. Jessica might feel offended. But she honestly didn’t want to be paired with anyone else beside Tiffany. “Well, w-we are coworker. Hehehe.”

“It’s a yes/no question, you know.” Jessica said.

 

 

Jessica is staring at Taeyeon’s eyes deeply and firmly, like she is exploring Taeyeon’s mind through her eyes, digging up what’s in the older girl’s head, waiting and anticipating, and Taeyeon was really nervous. She didn’t even know why should she be. Jessica’s stare was just too intimidating. The petite girl poured more soju into her glass and emptied it again to buy some more time to think. And gained some courage.

 

“Well, I…” Taeyeon moved her gaze from one thing to another except Jessica’s eyes. “I don’t think… I mean… I can’t… It’s not that I don’t like… I’m… err…”

Jessica laughed all of a sudden. “Hahahah!! Why so nervous?? I can’t hold my laughter! You don’t have to answer it now.”

Taeyeon is relieved, although she didn’t understand about the ‘you don’t have to answer it now’ part.

“By the way, about our date on Sunday…”

“What date?” Taeyeon raised her eyebrows.

“You said you’ll take me around the city.”

“Oh, yeah, okay. What time?”

“10am?”

“Alright.”

“I want to go to…” Jessica opened a piece of paper in her hands and started reading many name of places one by one. They continued discussing it, about how to go there and which one to be visited first to save time.

 

 

That night, before she went to bed, Taeyeon took her phone and searched for Tiffany’s number. Actually she only need to press number 1 to call her thanks to speed-dial, but she did it just to gain more time to think about what to say. Tiffany must be really angry. No. She’s furious.

 

Finally Taeyeon took one deep breath and pressed the green button. She waited while the beep beep sound is heard. 30 seconds passed, no answer. She tried again, but got same result. So she decided to text her.

 

“Fany, are you sleeping? I want to talk to you but it’s okay if you’re already asleep. I just want to say something. About the rumour, it’s not true. Good night.”

 

 

 

Taeyeon threw her phone to her side and turned off the lamp before covered her small body with her warm blanket.

 

 

 

Tiffany woke the next morning and so surprised with 2 misscalls and 1 text from her girlfie. She read it again and again, can’t believe what she just read.

 

 

“After disappearing for a day, now she just call me twice and text me once? And it was at midnight! Look what she wrote here! ‘About the rumour, it’s not true. Good night’. What the hell??? Just that??? Don’t you need some more effort to convince your girlfriend?? You don’t even say sorry! I bet you stayed with that all night long yesterday, huh?? What have you two done?? Where did you two do it?? Your room?? Your bed!!?? Akkhhh what did I just think about!! It’s your fault, TaeTae!! I hate you!!!”

 

 

Some maids are eavesdropping in front of the princess’ room’s door, looked at each other with big question mark above them. They just heard the young girl talked and yelled to her phone, all by herself, just right when she woke up.

 

Tiffany is in badmood all day long that day. She bullied some weak students and yelled at anyone whose eyes met with hers. Yoona and Hyoyeon just shook their head. When they passed by Jessica, Hyoyeon and Yoona greeted her but Tiffany obviously ignoring her. She even scoffed loudly. Jessica noticed it, so she approached the younger girl.

 

“Hwang Tiffany?”

Tiffany turned her head to the teacher finally. “Yes?”

“You’re the president of English club right?”

“Yes. So what?”

 

Hyoyeon and Yoona are panicking behind Jessica, trying to give hints to Tiffany to stop being so rude to the teacher; and to stop the worst thing could be happened: Tiffany telling everyone that Taeyeon is hers and not Jessica’s.

 

Jessica smiled. “I’m going to be the club’s advisor starting next week. Maybe we can talk about the club…”

Tiffany bulged her eyes out. “WHAT!?”

 

Hyoyeon and Yoona smacked their face with their hands. They immediately went to Tiffany’s side and hugged her arms, one for each arm. They bowed to Jessica repeatedly.

 

“W-We’re sorry, Miss Jung! Tiffany is not feeling good today, she has to take her medicine now. She definitely will come to your room soon to talk about this. Excuse us, Miss Jung!”

 

They dragged Tiffany away immediately and stopped only when they have arrived at their classroom.

 

“Phew, that was close!” Yoona wiped her forehead.

Hyoyeon groaned. “This is bad. Tiffany, you should hold your self or else…”

“Heuheuheu.”

“Eh?” Yoona and Hyoyeon turned to the other girl. Tiffany is smirking cunningly. “W-What is it?”

“Heuheuheuheu!” Tiffany laughed again. “I have an idea!”

“What?? Tell us!”

“I will humiliate her in front of all the club members. Just wait, I will make everyone laugh at her. My members are the most loyal member in this school, they listen to everything I say.” Tiffany clenched her fist really tightly. “Don’t worry, I won’t involve TaeTae in this; She will only defend that . This is my war!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!”

 

Hyoyeon and Yoona looked at each other, knowing that they could only pray for the best for her.

 

 

 

Tiffany met Taeyeon for the first time after the rumour is spreaded the next day but she acted calmly which left Taeyeon in confusion. She greeted her properly as a student and she even texted Taeyeon that morning, like nothing happened. When Taeyeon took her to the school’s rooftop and talked about the rumour, Tiffany just waved her hand and told her teacher to just forget it.

 

“I know. It’s just a rumour. TaeTae will never cheat on me, right?” Tiffany smiled sweetly.

“Y-Yes. Thank you, Fany.” Taeyeon smiled finally. “Ng, by the way…”

“Yes?”

“Next two weeks are busy week. Mr.Jo got accident last night so headmaster wants me to cover his extra class for 2 weeks. So I can’t accompany you at night after school. But you should do your homework and study for the tests. Don’t cut your extra class too. Okay?”

“Okayyy.” Tiffany smiled again. “But, before the busy week starts, can we go on a date?”

“When?”

“Sunday?”

Taeyeon gasped mentally. “I-I can’t.”

“Why?”

“Ng…” Taeyeon scratched her head. “I have to finish my work. I’m busy until Saturday so I should use my day-off to…”

“Alright, alright.” Tiffany pouted. “Do you really have to take it? There’re many other teachers in our school.”

“Actually headmaster is being kind to me. He knows that I teach for a living and that I have to send money to my family in Jeonju, that’s why he gives this chance to me.”

“Oh, the bonus?”

“Yup.”

“Your family is in Jeonju?”

“Uh-huh. My parents are not young anymore, but they want my little sister to continue her study to a good university, but, well, it’s not cheap. That’s why I should help them.”

“I can help you if you want.” Tiffany said.

Taeyeon chuckled. “It’s okay. I still can afford it.”

“No, you can ask me if you really need it. My parents gave me money everyday although all I really want is their time. I will help you.”

“No, Fany. You should’ve just save your money or use it to buy books.” Taeyeon said firmly.

“Okay.” Tiffany pouted. “I just want to help you so you can have more time with me.”

 

They went downstairs and separated their way. Taeyeon is heading to the teacher’s room when her gaze caught a group of boys gathering in a corner, talking excitedly and secretively. Taeyeon approached them and looked at what one of them is holding in his hand. The teacher widened her eyes.

 

“Yah! What is that!?”

 

All of the boys surprised and ran away immediately with guilty face, they dropped a tube bottle one of them was holding. Taeyeon picked the thing and looked at what she has predicted: personal lubricant. It’s written in Japanese but of course Taeyeon know what it is.

 

“Aissshhhh, kids these days. Wait until I catch you all.”

 

Taeyeon went to the teacher’s room and planned to throw that thing to garbage bin but a teacher approached her, and because she didn’t want any more rumours about her, she hid it immediately in her coat’s pocket.

 

“Ms.Kim, here’s the book you want to borrow.” Said the teacher.

“O-Okay, thank you very much. Oh, you have the original bookmark as well??”

“I was one of the first 100 buyer. Hehehe.”

“Wow, I envy you!”

 

They talked about the book for awhile then Taeyeon continued her work before her next class starts.

 

 

 

 

 

Sunday came. Taeyeon went to the subway near the school and met Jessica there. They smiled at each other when their eyes met.

 

“Sorry I’m late.” Taeyeon said.

“I just arrived too. Let’s go.”

 

Taeyeon tighten her daily coat because even though it’s still noon, it’s cold. She walked first and Jessica followed, went to her side and hold her arm. The older girl raised her eyebrows but let the other girl’s hand there.

 

They are having a lot of fun that day. Taeyeon was really tired and stressed out by pile of works she has to finish last week, moreover starting tomorrow she will be extra busy, but it was all forgotten today when she walked and played with the other young teacher. They got even closer easily, actually it was because Jessica is an open-minded and easy-going person. They also have many similarities. Taeyeon has dealed with students and older teachers all this time, and talking to a same-aged teacher like Jessica is like fresh air for her.

Jessica told her about her family in America and her past life there. Apparently she likes books as well as Taeyeon and they can talk about it for hours. The book topic continued until they have dinner at a restaurant.

 

“I will borrow it to you if you want.” Jessica said.

“Really?? It’s a rare book, right?”

“It is, but it’s okay if you want to read it. I don’t lend it to any people, you know.”

“Thank you very much, Jessica!” Taeyeon grinned in happiness. “I will take care of the book well.”

“But I don’t bring it now. Do you want to go to my apartment after this?”

“Sure! I want to take you home as well, actually.”

Jessica smiled to her food, a little bit blushed. “You’re so gentle.”

“Hm?”

“Nothing. You know, I really thank you for today. It was really fun.” Jessica smiled.

“You’re welcome. I’m happy to accompany you. Just tell me if someday you need my help again.”

“We’re really on a date today, eh? Like a real couple.” Jessica mumbled. “Rumour becomes fact?”

Taeyeon paused, then she laughed awkwardly. “Hahahaha, they will talk about us again if they know.”

“Right, this is a secret. Just between us. Our secret, okay?” Jessica winked.

 

They went to the younger girl’s apartment after that. Jessica is opening her room when Taeyeon got a text from Tiffany.

 

From: Fany

TaeTaeeee, are you still working? Should I come to your place to encourage you? You didn’t text me this whole day and I miss you~

 

Taeyeon texted her back immediately.

 

To: Fany

You have an important test tomorrow, Fany, reread your notes. I’ve finished my work. I think I will go to sleep right away. You should get more sleep too. Good night, Fany ^^

 

 

Tiffany pouted at the other side. She read Taeyeon’s reply again and again.

 

“At least you should’ve called me even if it just for a quick goodnight. Huh!” Tiffany threw her phone away.

 

She hugged her pillow and zoning out. She really missed her girlfriend, moreover she hasn’t meet her as a girlfriend for days, and Taeyeon will be not available starting tomorrow.

 

“I miss you, TaeTae!!!!”

 

Tiffany took her phone back, considering whether she should call Taeyeon first or just reply the message and ask Taeyeon to do so.

 

“I don’t want to disturb her. Actually if she miss me too, she will call.”

 

Tiffany put her phone again. But then she gazed at that thing again.

 

 

 

 

Jessica opened the door and they went in. Her apartment is, as expected, neat and elegant. Everything in there is really representing how the owner is like. Taeyeon should admit that Jessica’s taste is the best. The younger girl went to her room to take the book while Taeyeon is waiting at the livingroom. Suddenly a call from Jessica is heard.

 

“Taeyeon, could you please help me?”

 

Taeyeon went to the bedroom immediately to see what happened. Jessica is holding her big bookshelf that almost fall down. Looks like she was trying to reach the highest shelf by standing on a chair when she lost balance and hanging on the bookshelf, causing some of the books almost fell off. Taeyeon immediately hold the books and put it on the table then hold Jessica’s hand and helped her jump down.

 

“Thank you, Taeng.”

“Yup. Have you taken the book? Let me help you.”

 

Taeyeon stepped on the chair and took the said book. Then she helped the younger put the other books back to the shelf. She jumped down from the chair after receiving a thank-you from Jessica.

 

“I will return the book in a week.” Taeyeon said.

“It’s okay if you need more time. You have to cover Mr.Jo’s class for 2 weeks, right? You will be too tired to read book at home while it’s impossible to read it at school.”

“Well, yeah. I got more plenty of works to do at school hours since I got more class and then continue teaching extra classes until night…”

“Take your time.” Jessica smiled. “Oh, and…”

 

Jessica went to her nightstand and took a bottle of multivitamins.

 

“Here, take it everyday to keep you healthy. I always take this whenever I get a lot of works to do for more than 5 days. You can’t fall sick now, right?” Jessica smiled.

“Thank you very much, Jessica!” Taeyeon felt really grateful.

“You have worked so hard, Taeyeon.” Jessica said. “Your parents and sister should’ve felt proud of you.”

“Well, actually they are my motivation to keep fighting. I want to help them with all I have. I don’t feel burdened, though.”

“Cool.”

 

They both chuckled. Taeyeon put the bottle in her coat’s pocket and her hand touched something inside the pocket. The older girl pulled that thing out, but because her pocket is tight, that thing stucked, thus it fell to the floor when she forced her hand to get out from the pocket.

 

“What is…”

 

Both Jessica and Taeyeon widened their eyes at that thing on the floor. It’s the personal lubricant Taeyeon took from those students.

The older girl smacked her face mentally and immediately took it back into her pocket. But seems like Jessica had seen it.

 

“Ahahahahaha i-it’s nothing!” Taeyeon exclaimed stutteredly. “It’s not what you think it is! I… uh… I-It’s not… It’s not supposed to be in the pocket… I have planned to throw it away… It’s not mine!”

 

Jessica stayed silent, still surprised. Taeyeon bit her lips.

 

“J-Jessica?”

“…you bring lubricant all the time?”

“Of course not!! I never had a lubricant!”

“So…” Jessica stared at Taeyeon’s eyes. Her cheek is slightly pink. “You bring it because we go on a date today?”

 

 

It’s Taeyeon’s turn to mute.

 

 

Jessica is really blushing now. She avoid Taeyeon’s gaze and scratched her neck nervously. “D-Did you prepare it… because… well, you said you’ve planned to take me home… so… have you, uhm, p-planned it all from the very beginning?”

 

Taeyeon’s face is all flushed when she realized what Jessica means.

 

“NO!!!!! I didn’t mean to…! Really, trust me, Jessica! I didn’t bring it because I expect something from you! T-This is not mine, really!” Taeyeon stuttered even more. She took out that thing again from her pocket. “Look, it’s written in Japanese. I-I think it’s from Japan, and I’ve never gone to Japan before… I took it from some students…!”

“It’s okay.”

Taeyeon paused. “Eh?”

“Actually, it’s okay. I…” Jessica cleared . Her face is still red. “I don’t mind if it’s you…”

 

 

Taeyeon is aghast when Jessica moved closer to her and closed the gap between them. Before the older girl can do or say anything, Jessica has locked her lips with her own lips. Taeyeon let go of the lubricant and hold Jessica’s shoulder with her both hands. She tried to push the younger girl away, but Jessica pushed her even more. Her back bumped to the bookshelf and the younger girl wrapped her arms around Taeyeon’s waist.

 

“J-Je… Sic… Sica…” Taeyeon mumbled between the kiss.

 

Jessica’s scent is so tempting, her soft lips nibbled on Taeyeon’s lips, her warm breath touched Taeyeon’s face, and eventually Taeyeon loosen her grip on the other girl’s shoulder. But right then her phone rang and surprised both of them. Taeyeon pulled away immediately and took out her phone.

 

It’s a call from Tiffany.

 

Guilt hit her hard when she saw that name. Taeyeon didn’t pick it up, she just turned off the sound and put it back in her pocket.

 

“Who is it?” Jessica asked.

“N-Nothing.”

“Taeyeon…”

 

Jessica touched Taeyeon’s shoulder softly and moved closer again. The older girl immediately pulled away, took the book she wants to borrow, and bowed to Jessica.

 

“I have to go home now. Thank you for letting me take this book. I’m sorry, Jessica. Ng… See ya.”

 

Taeyeon already left before Jessica said anything else.

 

 

The petite girl ran through the night wind and only stopped when she arrived in front of her apartment’s room. She opened the door hastily and went in, then slammed it shut before leaning her back on it. She panted, staring at the ceiling.

 

 

 

She just cheated on Tiffany.

 

She just kissed another girl. Something she has never done before with her girlfriend.

 

She just really cheated on Tiffany.

 

 

 

Taeyeon took out her phone and saw 1 text message from her favorite student.

 

From: Fany

TaeTae you don’t pick up my call~ are you sleeping? It’s okay, sleep tight! See u tomorrow, hwaiting for your busy weeks! :*

 

Taeyeon closed her eyes and slide down to the floor.

 

“What have I done…”

 

 

Taeyeon felt something moved in her pocket, she opened her eyes and pulled out the multivitamins bottle Jessica gave her. She stared at the bottle, drown in her thought.

 

 

 

Why did she kiss Jessica back?

 

She’s supposed to push her away, and that’s what she did at first, but eventually…

 

What will happen if Tiffany didn’t call her?

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon hit her head several times, feeling so stupid for forgetting to throw away the lubricant. And now the lubricant is left behind at Jessica’s place. She ruffled her hair and drown her face in her arms.