One

Immature Love

 

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon turned around. She put her each hand on the right and left side of the small table in front of her and looked around to everyone in the room.

 

“Any questions?”

 

Some students looked to one another, the other shook their heads, or just kept silent. Taeyeon took it as a ‘No’ so she closed all the books on her table and took it into her bag.

 

“Alright, then. Class dismissed. Don’t forget the test. Tomorrow. Extra homework for those who get C or lower.”

“Okay, Miss Kim.” The students answered her before one by one took their bag and walked out from the class room, thanked her when they walked pass by her table.

 

 

Taeyeon sat on her chair and fixed her glasses’ position on her nose. She took out a pile of students’ exam papers from her bag to the table and checked it one by one, read it carefully. It’s already dark outside, but she has to do this first before go to her favorite café to have dinner. As someone who become a teacher for a living, of course she won’t reject when the headmaster offered her to give extra class for last year students after the school ended, 3 days a week. She didn’t mind teaching at the high school in the morning, and continued with the extra class until the sun sets. Of course she’ll get bonus for that.

 

She still engrossed to the papers when suddenly a voice calling her.

 

 

“Miss Kim.”

 

 

Taeyeon lifted her head and saw a girl, sitting on one of the student’s chair, smiling at her. She smiled back to her student before gazing back to her paper.

 

 

“Why are you still here, Tiffany? You should go home now, it’s already dark.”

“I have a question, Miss Kim.”

“Why didn’t you ask earlier?”

“Because it’s not about the lesson, Miss Kim.”

 

 

Tiffany walked to the teacher’s table, grabbed her bag’s strap on her shoulder while walking. She squatted in front of the table and rested her crossed arms on the edge of the table. She looked intensely to her teacher, who still engross to the papers, didn’t look back at her.

 

“Miss Kim.” Tiffany called her again to get her attention.

“Yes?”

“I have a question.”

“What is it?”

“Why are you so cool? And pretty, also cute at the same time. And… lovable.” Tiffany giggled after asking her question.

Taeyeon glanced at the student in front of her and smiled. “I don’t know how to answer that.”

“Why is your cheek reddened, Miss Kim?”

“It’s not.”

“It is. Oh, it’s getting more red. Why, Miss Kim?”

Taeyeon couldn’t hold anymore, so finally she laughed. “Because my girlfriend is staring at me like this. Do you understand?”

Tiffany smiled so wide until her eye formed into a crescent. “Hehehehe. You’re really different when you’re in front of class and when you’re with me.”

“I’m a teacher, remember?”

“Yeah, you look so cool when teaching. A little bit killer, actually. You even scolded me yesterday at the class.”

“You didn’t pay attention to my explanation.”

“I was busy staring at your face, teacher Kim.” Tiffany grinned.

Taeyeon chuckled. “Really, you should go home now, Fany. Your parents might be worried.”

“They won’t.” Tiffany pouted. She stood up then sat on the nearest student’s table. “You know how busy they are. Never have time for me.”

“But, still, you may not come home late.”

“I want to go home with you. Let’s have dinner together!” Tiffany said excitedly, ignoring Taeyeon’s word.

“I have to finish this…”

“I’m hungry~”

“Fany.”

“TaeTae, let’s goooo.” Tiffany whined.

Taeyeon sighed before took her work into her bag and cleaned up the table. “Okay, okay. Let’s go.”

“Yey!”

 

 

Tiffany jumped to Taeyeon’s side and wrapped her hands around Taeyeon’s arm, slightly leaned to her.

 

 

“Fany, someone might see us if we walk like this outside.”

“I don’t care.”

“I do care. You know the school’s rules didn’t allow teacher and student to have special relationship, right?”

“Huh.” Tiffany pouted again and let go of the older girl’s arm. “You’re too obedient, Miss Kim. Not romantic.”

 

 

Taeyeon just laughed. They walked out from the building and went to some café. Tiffany is so excited everytime she spent time with Taeyeon, she talked unstoppably. About her family, about her friends, about her lessons, about her hobby, and about everything. Taeyeon is a good listener, that’s why Tiffany can’t stop talking.

 

 

“So I told Yoona to stop teasing me. But she didn’t stop. Ah, TaeTae, yesterday I ate a very delicious candy! I’ll bring it for you tomorrow! Mmm, this food’s good. Have a taste, TaeTae!” Tiffany directed her spoon to Taeyeon’s mouth, but Taeyeon took it and feed herself. Tiffany frowned. “You don’t want me to feed you?”

“We’re in public, Fany.”

“No one will know!”

“Just in case.”

 

 

Tiffany pouted but one second later she became cheerful again. After they finished eating, Taeyeon took her home. They walked slowly at the roadside through the cold wind, Tiffany walked closely to Taeyeon and hold the older girl’s arm. Actually she wanted to hug it but she knew what Taeyeon would say. Taeyeon looked to the girl beside her.

 

“Are you cold, Fany?”

“Uhm.” Tiffany nodded.

“Wear my coat.” Taeyeon put off her coat and covered Tiffany’s back with it. “You should bring your coat to school. It’s not summer anymore.”

“I prefer your coat. I like its scent.” Tiffany put the coat’s sleeve on her nose and inhaled deeply with closed eyes before smiling to Taeyeon. “Your scent.”

“I haven’t washed it for two months.” Taeyeon chuckled.

“What???”

“Hahaha, kidding.” Taeyeon ruffled the younger girl’s hair. “We’ve arrived at your home.”

 

 

Tiffany looked at her house not too far in front of them and frowned. A big house that will amazed and make everyone who walk pass by it wonder how rich the owner is. The eye-smile girl stopped walking all of a sudden, causing Taeyeon to look back at her puzzledly.

 

“What’s wrong?”

“Can I stay at your apartment? I don’t want to go home.”

Taeyeon walked back to Tiffany’s side. “Why?”

“I have nothing to do there. My parents must be still working.” Tiffany said. “Can I stay with you tonight?”

“No. You have to go home. You have homeworks, right? Ah, you haven’t collect the task I gave. And you have a test, tomorrow.”

“I’m bored at my house.” Tiffany whined. “And… lonely. I prefer your place, even though there are books everywhere. Hehe. Can I do my homeworks there?”

“Tiffany, your parents won’t allow you to stay at your teacher’s place until late night. And they might be worried. You should stay at your home.”

“Please, TaeTae.” Tiffany pleaded, hold Taeyeon’s hand with her both hands and shook her shoulder like a little kid.

“No.”

“Pleeaassseee.” The younger girl did her best aegyo.

“No. Fany, you can’t stay at my place. If someone see us…”

Tiffany gritted her teeth. She threw Taeyeon’s hand away. “Okay. I understand, Miss Kim. Thank you for taking me home safely. Goodbye!”

 

 

Tiffany walked away to her house upsetly, leaving Taeyeon alone there. The older girl made sure Tiffany is entering her house safely before sighed and turned around, go home.

 

It’s not for the first time Tiffany get angry and walk away like that because Taeyeon refuse to do something or reject what she wants. The younger girl always ask so many things from Taeyeon (“TaeTae, I want candy!”, “TaeTae, I want to pat that dog!”, “TaeTae, I want a piggy-back ride!”, “TaeTae, I want to play swing!”, etc. etc. etc.) and she always fulfill all the wishes. But sometimes Tiffany asked for something impossible to be done by the teacher, like asking Taeyeon to bring a bouquet of flower to the school on her birthday, or asking Taeyeon to take her in a vacation to another country and it’s not even at weekend or holiday, or asking Taeyeon to give bad score to the younger girl’s rival at school out of nothing, or asking Taeyeon to kidnap her from her house and called her parents to give her 1 million won like in movies. Their 7 years of often gave Taeyeon difficult times. Tiffany could be extremely childish and moody at a moment, especially if it’s about doing skinship in public. Her being short-tempered yet clingy to Taeyeon, her recklessness, and her tendency to do stupid things sometimes give the older girl hard times.

Taeyeon is already getting used to Tiffany’s behavior, though. They will eventually be good again the next day.

 

But Tiffany won’t be that easy this time. She is so upset and promised to herself to not forgive Taeyeon that easy this time. So that night and the whole next day, she didn’t call or text the older girl. Didn’t even look at Taeyeon’s face when she came to her classroom. When the bell rang, Taeyeon went out from the classroom without share a glance to her, making Tiffany more angry. She sat beside Hyoyeon and Yoona at lunchtime break, frowning.

 

 

“Yah, what’s wrong with your eye-smile?” Yoona asked her.

“She must have some problems with Miss Kim.” Hyoyeon . “Right?”

“Don’t talk too loud, Hyo. Miss Kim will scold me if someone know about our relationship.” Tiffany said sarcastically even though Taeyeon is not there. “Damn those school’s rules.”

“So it’s about that again? Can’t you argue with her over something more interesting??” Yoona chuckled.

“She’s no fun! I just want to spend more time with her at her place last night, but she forced me to go home. It wasn’t even 9pm yet!”

“You often go to her apartment?”

“Only… around 3 times.”

“Just the two of you there?” Yoona smirked. “Did she ever touch you?”

Tiffany rolled her eyes and scoffed. “Not even kiss me.”

“She never kiss you??”

“Uh-huh.”

“Poor you.” Hyoyeon tapped Tiffany’s shoulder and shook her head. “Why don’t you ask her?”

“She refused, muttering about… I don’t know, something like rules, norm, and underage.”

“Wow, I know Miss Kim is a teacher, but I don’t know she is that strict. Or should I say, not fun. At all.” Hyoyeon shrugged. “We should have our first kiss while we’re still teenager. No age limit for kissing.”

“Someone just had her first kiss yesterday.” Yoona glanced at Hyoyeon meaningfully.

“What, what? Your boyfriend kissed you yesterday??” Tiffany widened her eyes.

“Well, yeah…” Hyoyeon smiled shyly, a little bit proud. “He kissed me at the park and said he loves me.”

“Ughhh, he’s sweet.” Tiffany groaned. “When will TaeTae do that.”

“Don’t tell me she also never say ‘I love you’ to you.” Yoona said.

“Of course she did.” Tiffany answered quickly. “…Once. When we confessed to each other.”

Hyoyeon and Yoona laughed, causing Tiffany’s face became red. “Ahahaha, We knew it!”

“At least she said it.” Tiffany sticked out her tongue to her two friends.

“Maybe you should leave her and find someone who’s more easy-going and young. Around your age, maybe?”

“No. I like older girlfriend. And Miss Kim, I never find someone as gorgeous as her, and as mature as her…” Tiffany smiled, zoning out to the window dreamingly with fingers intertwined. “She’s so cool. I’m talking about her charisma when she is teaching.”

“Okay, okay. But that cool teacher never kiss you.” The two girls laughed again at Tiffany.

“But I know she loves me.” Tiffany said.

“How do you know? She never show it to you.” Hyoyeon leaned forward to Tiffany, looked into the older girl’s eyes seriously and whispered. “Are you sure she really loves you?”

“Of course I am.”

“Really?”

Tiffany bit her lips. “…Yeah.”

“She never kiss you, never say ‘I love you’ to you, never touch you, even doesn’t want to spend more time with you. Does she really love you??”

“O-Of course. Yah, don’t ask something like that! Of course she loves me!” Tiffany pinched her friends’ arms.

“Ahahaha, kidding, Tiff.”

“But…” Yoona mumbled.

“What again?” Tiffany asked.

“Ah, never mind.”

“Say it. But what? Finish what you’ve started.” Tiffany said firmly.

“Well…” Yoona said hesitately. “I don’t know whether it’s true or wrong, but from what I see, they look like that.”

“Who?”

“Miss Kim. And Miss Jung.”

“Miss Jung?” Tiffany tilted her head. “That new teacher who looks elegant and mysterious? Boys’ favorite?”

“Yup.” Yoona nodded. “I went to teacher’s room yesterday and saw them. It was just the two of them there, and Miss Jung stole glances to Miss Kim all the time, and so did Miss Kim! It’s like something’s going on between them.”

Tiffany blinked. She is surprised, but she managed to control her facial expression. “Maybe… Uhm, maybe Miss Jung just being shy to talk to her new colleague and TaeTae noticed the glance so she glanced back.”

“Yeah, maybe.” When Hyoyeon and Yoona saw Tiffany is being quiet all of a sudden, they immediately cheered her up. “Just forget it, Tiff. There must be nothing happen between them.”

“I know. TaeTae is not that kind of person.”

 

 

But Tiffany’s mind is bothered by her friends’ words. She stayed quiet for the next class. Hyoyeon and Yoona are her bestfriends, they told each other about their secrets. They are the only persons who know about her relationship with Taeyeon, and fortunately they’re able to keep secret. Even though what Yoona said was just an assumption, but still, it bothered her.

 

After the school ended, Tiffany went to teacher’s room to collect her task and saw some other teachers there, but the one she’s looking for is sitting alone on her chair, doing something. The other teachers are sitting far enough from her place. Tiffany approached her unwillingly and stopped beside the table. She didn’t smile at all to let Taeyeon know that she’s still upset at her. Taeyeon, noticed someone is staring at her, looked up to that person.

 

“Yes, Tiffany?”

“Good afternoon, Miss Kim. I want to give my late task.” Tiffany said. She gave her book to Taeyeon and bowed, ready to leave when Taeyeon called her.

“Tiffany.”

“Yes, Miss Kim?”

The older girl picked her pen and wrote down something on a paper before gave it to Tiffany: ‘I’ll finish work at 6pm. Do you want to go home together?’

Tiffany’s face turned bright dramatically, smile grew on her face until her eye-smile showed off, then she nodded repeatedly, already forgot that she’s supposed to act cool. “Thank you, Miss Kim. I’ll leave now.”

“Ah, Tiffany. One more thing.”

“Yes?”

Taeyeon wrote something again on the paper and let Tiffany read: ‘Sorry about yesterday.’

Tiffany smiled. “I’m sorry too, Miss Kim. I will not do that again in the future.”

 

 

Students and teachers left the school one by one, and finally it was only Tiffany and some students in the building. She immediately went to teacher’s room and saw someone is alone there. She grinned and jumped to Taeyeon’s place while humming.

 

“6pm!” Tiffany said cheerfully, showing her wristwatch to Taeyeon.

Taeyeon looked up to her and looked at her own watch. “Ah, you’re right.”

“Let’s go, TaeTae.”

“Sorry, Fany. I haven’t finished this…”

Tiffany pulled a chair to Taeyeon’s side and sat there. “Okay, I’ll wait.”

 

 

Tiffany stared at Taeyeon’s face for minutes. She smiled all by herself just by staring at her girlfriend’s face, adoring everything she saw. Taeyeon glanced at her, noticing she is being stared.

 

“Something in my face?”

“No.” Tiffany grinned. She leaned closer to Taeyeon and rested her head on the older girl’s shoulder. “I miss you, TaeTae. We only meet when the school is empty.”

“Hey, how many times I’ve told you. This is school.” Taeyeon pulled away slowly.

“No one will see.” Tiffany pulled away as well, pouted. “Let’s go home.”

“I’m not done yet. You can go home first if you want.”

“But you’ve promised me. It’s already 6pm.” Tiffany pouted. “We only have 2 hours. You won’t allow me to go home after 8pm, right?”

“Can you wait for some minutes, please?”

Tiffany wanted to protest, but she chose not to. “Okay…”

 

 

 

 

It’s 6.15pm now. Tiffany touched everything on Taeyeon’s table and played with them, accidentally dropped some stuffs.

 

“Fany.”

“I’m bored.” Tiffany muttered. “It’s almost 7pm.”

“It’s not.” Taeyeon said. “You can go home first.”

Tiffany looked at Taeyeon with discontentment. “Don’t you understand? I want to go home with you.”

Taeyeon turned to Tiffany and the younger girl’s hair slightly, smiled. “10 more minutes, okay?”

As expected, Tiffany’s face turned red and she smiled again. “Okay, TaeTae. Actually I’m happy even though we just spend time here, doing nothing.”

“Really? I’m sorry I have to let you wait.”

“Uhm, do you want me to massage you? You must be tired.” Tiffany excitedly went to Taeyeon’s back and massaged her shoulder.

“Ah, it’s okay.”

“No. I want to massage you.”

 

 

Just right then the teacher’s room’s door opened and a teacher came in. Taeyeon immediately got up and gave a pile of book to Tiffany’s hands.

 

“Please help me give this to your classmates, Tiffany. You may go home now.”

“Ah? O-Okay.” Tiffany answered cluelessly.

“Oh? You haven’t go home yet, Miss Kim?” The other teacher asked.

“I’m just finished.” Taeyeon smiled. “I’ll go home now.”

“Hm? Tiffany, why are you still here? It’s already dark outside.” The teacher asked the only student there.

“I… Uhm, I…” Tiffany stuttered. She didn’t know what to say.

“She wanted to ask something about her lessons to me but I was busy so I asked her to come one hour ago.” Taeyeon answered calmly. No one will ever suspect her lie with that calmness she had.

“Ooh. You’d better go home now, Tiffany.” Said the other teacher.

“Okay, Miss Park.” Tiffany bowed to both of the teacher and leave immediately.

 

 

Taeyeon left the building some minutes later, found Tiffany at the front gate, hiding behind a tree. The younger girl jumped out from her hiding place, surprised Taeyeon and laughed at her.

 

“Your face, TaeTae! Ahahahaha.”

“Hhh, don’t do that again.” Taeyeon sighed. “Let’s go.”

“That was close, wasn’t it, TaeTae? Miss Park almost saw us. Hehehe.” Tiffany grinned.

“That’s why I always tell you to not being so obvious in public.”

“Where do you want to eat, by the way?” Tiffany asked.

“Anywhere. You choose.”

“Hmmm.” Tiffany pursed her lips, thinking. Then she smiled widely and turned to Taeyeon. “Your apartment? I’ll cook for you.”

“What? No. Let’s eat at another place.” Taeyeon chuckled.

Tiffany frowned. “I can cook.”

“I mean…”

“You said anywhere, right?” Tiffany said. “You lie.”

Taeyeon sighed. “Okay, okay.”

 

 

 

Tiffany is beyond happy. She even pulled Taeyeon all the way home. When they arrived there, Taeyeon uneasily walked in to her apartment building, tilting her head to left and right, make sure no one sees them.

 

“Hihihi.” Tiffany giggled. “You make us look guilty.”

“Just in case.”

“Don’t worry, it’s not strange for a student to come to her teacher’s house to study, right?”

“We’re not doing that. That’s the problem.” Taeyeon unlocked her room then let Tiffany enter first before closed the door behind them.

“Then let’s do that.” Tiffany put off her shoes and ran into the room happily like a little kid. “Teach me something.”

“Something?”

“Yup. Something new. Something I’ve never done before.”

“Like what?” Taeyeon hung her coat on the hanger and went to the kitchen to wash her hands. At the end, she’ll be the one who cooks for dinner.

Tiffany bit her smiling lips and immediately went to Taeyeon’s side. She hugged Taeyeon’s arm and leaned forward to the teacher. “Kissing.”

Taeyeon widened her eyes. She didn’t expect that at all. “What are you saying? Hahaha.”

“Kiss me, TaeTae.”

“I can’t do that.” Taeyeon chuckled. “C’mon, let’s cook. I’m hungry.”

“Nggg.” Tiffany whined. “If you really love me, you should’ve kissed me.”

Taeyeon frowned. “That’s not the only way to show love. I’m your teacher, I can’t do that to you even though no one will see. You’d better help me cook the dinner now.”

 

 

Tiffany frowned as well but she can’t argue back, so she just obeyed her teacher’s words. She muttered mentally about Taeyeon being too paranoid and weird. Then she remembered Yoona’s word about Taeyeon and Miss Jung at the teacher’s room.

 

“Miss Jung. She is hot, isn’t she?” Tiffany asked all of a sudden when she helped the older girl sliced some onions and greens.

Taeyeon glanced at Tiffany slightly before turned her gaze to the frying pan again. “You think so?”

“You don’t think so?”

“Nope.”

“Really? She looks unreachable and untouchable, everyone is curious about her. It’s difficult to talk to her. She’s like a queen. And, yeah, she’s hot. Many students drooling over her.”

“Oh yeah? Teachers also do that. Mr.Lee, Mr.Jang, Mr.Choi, Mr.Do… Who else? I can’t remember.” Taeyeon chuckled.

“…And Miss Kim?” Tiffany added carefully.

Taeyeon raised her eyebrows. “Mmm, no. Miss Kim is not interested in her. Because Hwang Tiffany is enough.”

 

 

The older girl added a smile at the end of her words, driving Tiffany crazy. The eye-smile girl hugged Taeyeon so tightly and exclaimed histerically, Taeyeon almost dropped her spatula.

 

They ate together, and because Tiffany forced Taeyeon to help her doing the homework, she ended up went home at 9.20pm. Taeyeon felt bad for taking her home that late, but Tiffany kept convince her that no one in her house will care about that. And she’s right. She went home to an empty house, only maids there. Her parents haven’t came home yet. The maids greeted her and she went straight to her room,  took a bath, then go to sleep.

 

But Tiffany couldn’t sleep that night. Even though she failed to get a kiss from Taeyeon until the very last time before she entered her house after being escorted by Taeyeon, but she’s happy tonight. She texted Taeyeon for 2 hours while hugging and kissing her pillow, imagining it was Taeyeon, before drifted to a peaceful sleep.

 

 

 

The next some days, they didn’t have daily fight they used to have. Yoona and Hyoyeon didn’t tease Tiffany anymore. On the extra class room where Taeyeon is teaching, the older girl noticed her younger girlfriend is staring at her all the time and it kinda makes her nervous. Tiffany laughed quietly at Taeyeon’s reaction, and because she didn’t want to make Taeyeon nervous more than that, she turned down her gaze to her opened magazine on the table. She read quietly on her chair until she found something on the article about relationship and love.

 

“’Make something for your girlfriend, surprise her, like make her lunchbox, or a homemade cookies, or something else you don’t usually do for her. Undoubtedly she will fall deeper for you’. Hmmm.” Tiffany read quietly. “Lunchbox. That’s the most possible thing I could do. But I can’t cook, TaeTae is better in cooking. She will laugh at me.”

 

Tiffany took out her phone and browsed for some easy recipes for lunchbox.

 

“Kimbab. Just rolled vegetables in rice. Okay, kimbab. Then… Hmm, rolled omelette? Sounds easy. Oooh, meat! TaeTae should eat more meat. Which meat hmmmm….” Tiffany scrolled her phone screen impatiently. “Beef? Well, I can buy instant seasoning for the beef. Alright!!”

“Yup, that’s what I want to ask, Tiffany. Are you alright?”

 

Tiffany froze on her place. The class became silent all of a sudden and everyone is looking at her, so do her beloved teacher who just asked her the question; she just unconsciously got up from her chair and exclaimed. Tiffany, face already turned red, sat down again immediately while apologizing to Taeyeon, causing all of her classmates to laugh at her.

 

At the way home, Taeyeon asked her what was she doing earlier, but Tiffany didn’t tell her, she just tell her to wait. Tiffany is so excited to try this new thing at her home. So the next day, Tiffany went home early while Taeyeon is still doing her job at the school as usual. She went to teacher’s room before go home and met Taeyeon there.

 

“TaeTae, I’m going home first. Don’t have dinner tonight.” Tiffany whispered before bowed to Taeyeon and left hastily.

Taeyeon just stared cluelessly  at her figure leaving the room, she didn’t really hear what Tiffany said. But then she just shrugged and continued her work.

 

Yup, it’s for dinner. Because she didn’t think she could give the lunchbox for lunch which means she has to make it in the morning while not coming late to school is still a difficult daily thing to do for her, so she planned to give it for dinner – a dinnerbox. Taeyeon always work until late, though. And she’s sure the older girl won’t like it as well if the other teachers see the lunchbox during lunchbreak time. Tiffany went to supermarket and bought some vegetables, kimbab roll, instant seasoning, beef, and eggs. Then she put everything on her kitchen table. She started to read carefully the method of cooking on her phone and folded her shirt’s sleeve as she began cooking.

 

“First, cook the rice. Hmm, rice cooker. Okay, that’s easy. Then prepare the vegetables for kimbab. Boil… Add salt… Then the egg… What?? I should roll it many times? Wait, err… And the beef… Oh gosh, can I make it in time?” Tiffany bit her lips. She stared at the clock. She has 2 hours to make a successful dinnerbox to make Taeyeon fall deeper for her. “Should I call Yoong and Hyo? Ah, no. I have to make it with my own hands! C’mon, let’s do this, Tiffany!”

 

 

The eye-smile girl is so engrossed to the ingredients and the cooking, she didn’t aware of everything else around her. Her maids are taking a peek of her from the kitchen door. They’re all surprised to see the young girl at the kitchen, cooking. Tiffany’s clumsiness strikes again. She dropped the pot, she cut her finger, she messed up the kimbab, and the rolled egg is… we can’t call it a rolled egg. Luckily the beef is good enough (because she used instant seasoning). After hours of struggling, finally she made it. The young girl put everything in the box and garnished it with some fruits and vegetables. She closed the box carefully then wiped the sweat on her forehead, satisfied.

 

 

“Phew, this is it!! My masterpiece: Tiffany’s Dinnerbox, filled with love and kiss for my TaeTae!! She will be very surprised. Hahaha!!!” Tiffany looked at the clock and gasped. “7.10!! I’m gonna be late!!”

 

 

 

……

 

 

 

 

“Thank you, Miss Kim.”

“For what?”

“Accompanying me.”

 

 

Jessica smiled to the petite girl across the table in front of her. She lifted her glass and drink, still kept the eye-contact with the older girl. Taeyeon smiled back innocently.

 

 

“I haven’t had dinner too. It’s okay.”

Jessica chuckled. “I thought you will reject my offering.”

“I was surprised seeing you still in the school at that time.” Taeyeon said.

“I… Uhm… I have… some extra works too.”

“Oh, is that so?”

 

 

 

Taeyeon was still working on her table in the teacher’s room earlier when suddenly Jessica came in and asked her to have dinner together. They are eating at a café near the school right now and Taeyeon thought it would be a good chance to get to know this new teacher, because they haven’t talked to each other at all before. The older girl didn’t want Jessica to feel uncomfortable at her new workplace, and as a good senior, Taeyeon will treat Jessica well.

 

“So… How’s your first week here?” Taeyeon asked. “Did the students do well? Did they put a prank on you? How’s the school environment? The coworkers?”

“Everything’s good. But some male teachers… I don’t like it when they stare at me with an unexplainable gaze.”

“Hahaha, they like you, probably.”

“I don’t like them. Don’t they remember their age?” Jessica scoffed. Then she stole glance to Taeyeon. “I prefer… A young one.”

“Hmm.” Taeyeon nodded while continued eating, didn’t notice the other girl’s glance.

“So, Miss Kim…”

“Taeyeon. Just call me Taeyeon. We’re at the same age, right?” Taeyeon smiled.

“Oh, right. You can call me Jessica too.” Jessica said. “Well, Taeyeon. Where are you from?”

“Jeonju.”

“Wow, far enough from Seoul, if I’m not wrong.”

“Yup. Where are you from? I guess you’re not from Korea?”

“Well, I’m Korean, but I was born in USA.”

“That’s why you are an English teacher now.” Taeyeon chuckled. “Why do you come here and choose this high school?”

 

 

The talk continued for quite some times before Taeyeon realized her phone is vibrating. She took it out and saw 10 misscalls and 13 messages. It was all from Tiffany, asking her where she is now. Taeyeon really didn’t feel the other 22 vibrations. The older girl immediately replied the message and apologized to her girlfriend.

 

“Your boyfriend?” Jessica asked.

“Ah?” Taeyeon lifted her gaze from her phone screen, then chuckled. “No, it’s not.”

“You’re still single?”

“Err… Yes.” Taeyeon lied. “Actually, I’m into girl.”

“Wow, you’re brave.” Jessica raised her eyebrows. She bent her body forward to Taeyeon, then whispered. “Actually, me too.”

“Really? Hahaha.”

“I really didn’t expect it. I thought you were straight.” Jessica mumbled, more to herself. “You’re the only teacher who never try to attract my attention. Even some female teachers did. You’re so unreachable.”

“Totally wrong. You’re the one who is unreachable.” Taeyeon chuckled, remembered what Tiffany said about Jessica the other day. She’s still busy replying Tiffany’s message. “You’re not as cold as your appearance looks like. I should’ve talked to you earlier.”

 

 

Jessica hold her breath. Now she thought Taeyeon wanted to hit on her all this time – just like what Jessica wanted to do to the older girl – but never did that because she thought Jessica is unreachable. Taeyeon always looks uninterested at her, which makes Jessica curious about her.

 

“Taeyeon…”

“Yes?”

“Your lips.” Jessica lifted her tissue and wiped the older girl’s lips. “There’s a rice there. Hihi.”

“Oh, thank you.”

“Uhm, Taeyeon.” Jessica stared at Taeyeon’s pretty face and amazed by it, but she tried to hide it. “Do you have free time this Sunday?”

“This Sunday?”

 

 

Taeyeon looked outside the window while remembering her schedule. But there’s someone caught her attention outside the window. Tiffany is staring at her and Jessica, with a box in her hands, looks like she’s almost crying. Taeyeon widened her eyes and gasped.

 

“What’s wrong?” Jessica asked.

“N-No, nothing. I’m… Err…” Taeyeon stuttered. If Tiffany came into the café and approach them, their secret relationship will be discovered. “Yeah, I’m free. W-Why?”

“Even though I’m Korean, but I never live here. Can you accompany me take a walk around the city? I’m afraid I’ll get lost if I…”

“O-Okay, I’ll accompany you. Omo.” Taeyeon saw Tiffany is walking toward the café. “I-I have to go now. Sorry, Jessica. See you tomorrow.”

 

Taeyeon put the money for her foods on the table and ran out from the café. She met Tiffany just in time in front of the door and pulled her to an alley where Jessica couldn’t see them from the café.

 

 

“I’ve told you not to come, Fany!” Taeyeon exclaimed.

“Because you are eating with a super gorgeous new teacher instead of some coworkers like what you told me on text message? So that’s why you just replied my message instead of calling me? So that’s why you forget what I told you this afternoon before I went home?? Because having dinner with her is a golden chance that may not be missed???” Tiffany gushed.

“I-It’s not like that. I was just trying to make her feel comfortable with her new coworker and…”

“I saw her wipe your lips! And Yoona saw you two stole glances at each other at the teacher’s room the other day!! Is that what you called ‘make her feel comfortable’??!!” Tiffany started to yell.

“Fany, calm down. Please.” Taeyeon grabbed the younger’s hand but she yanked it. But eventually Tiffany calmed down. She looked down to the box in her hands.

“I told you not to have dinner, because…” Tiffany said, her voice shaken. “I made this with all my best, even though I can’t cook. But… You…”

“Fany?” Taeyeon bent down a little to see the younger girl’s face. She is surprised to see Tiffany’s tears. “Fany, I-I’m sorry…”

“You’re cruel!! I hate you!!!”

 

 

Tiffany threw the box to Taeyeon, who catch it immediately, and ran away before the teacher could say anything else. Taeyeon looked at the box in her hands. She untied the pink cloth that covered the box and opened the lid. She dropped her jaw when she saw the foods, even though it’s a little bit messy. Everything became clear now. She understood what’s going on right now, and Tiffany is really angry at her. Taeyeon closed the box lid, and when she was about to tie back the cloth, she saw a letter inside. It’s read: ‘Special dinnerbox for TaeTae who is working hard everyday. Hwaiting!’

 

Taeyeon hit her head with her palm for her stupidity. But it was too late. The younger girl already gone.

 

 

Tiffany arrived at her house crying. She ran to her room and immediately called her two friends, and in no time Yoona and Hyoyeon already in her room, listening to her story while trying to comfort her.

 

“I don’t know Miss Kim could be that cruel. But, well, no one could resist Miss Jung…” Yoona mumbled.

“I hate that new teacher!!” Tiffany yelled. “I saw how she stared at TaeTae! Even she… she wiped TaeTae’s lips! I never did that in public because TaeTae always avoid it! She’s like a sly fox wanting to seize TaeTae from me! I know she has evil ideas in her mind!!”

“Does she even know you’re dating Miss Kim?” Hyoyeon asked, but immediately looked down when Tiffany glared at her.

“I will confront that new teacher tomorrow!” Tiffany roared.

“What? Are you sure Miss Kim won’t get angrier at you? She’s sensitive about this, right?”

“I don’t care!! She started all of this, and she should pay for it!” Tiffany clenched her fist tightly. “This is war!”

“Tiff, Tiff.” Yoona shook her head. “You’re so reckless. I think this is why Miss Kim is cold towards you.”

“What did you say?” Tiffany gritted her teeth to Yoona.

“You’re too childish.” Yoona said firmly. “That’s why Miss Kim treats you like a kid.”

“Yoona’s right!” Hyoyeon exclaimed like she just got a enlightenment from the sky. “I always feel something is not right with Miss Kim and you. That’s it. She treats you like a kid.”

“W-What do you guys mean?” Tiffany asked uneasily.

“She never touch or kiss you, she listen to all your talk, and overly protective. She doesn’t want to go public, she choose her work over you, but sometimes she still show some affection. What does that mean? She takes you as a younger sister!” Hyoyeon said.

“What?? No way!”

“That’s because you act like a kid all the time. Who’s the one who apologize first everytime you two fight? Her. Who’s the one that is more patient? Her. Who’s the one who always solve problems calmly between you two? Her.” Yoona fixed her seat position excitedly. “If you keep acting like this, she will take you easy and won’t see you as a woman. You will be an adult soon, you should be a lady who deserves to be on Miss Kim’s side! Do you understand?? You have to change!”

“You’re kidding me.” Tiffany chuckled. “TaeTae loves me and we didn’t confess to each other to be sisters. We are couple. And I already deserve to…”

“She could possibly change her mind. She regrets to ask you to become her girlfie because you’re this childish and she decides to make you her younger sister.” Hyoyeon interrupted. “I won’t be surprised if she feels bored with you someday and maybe want to break up with you.”

Tiffany dropped her jaw. “What are you saying!?? We won’t break up!”

“I-I said maybe.”

“Argghh, you two make me more frustrated!! What kind of friends are you!!”

 

 

Tiffany started throwing pillows to her friends and shooed them. Hyoyeon and Yoona left poutingly, and Tiffany is alone again. She went to her room again with a box of snacks, planned to finish them while watching DVD to relieve stress.

 

The next day, she really ignored her beloved teacher all day long. Taeyeon tried to talk to her in the class by asking her some questions, but Tiffany immediately said she didn’t know the answer without looking at the teacher’s eyes. Taeyeon knew the younger girl is still angry, and she thought she knew how to solve this problem.

 

“Tiffany, meet me at teacher’s room after school. You need extra homework to really understand the lesson.” Taeyeon said before she dismissed the class.

Hyoyeon and Yoona approached Tiffany’s chair and excitedly talking. “She must want to apologize. Go, Tiff!”

“Apologize with extra homeworks? How romantic.” Tiffany scoffed.

“Just go. Maybe you’ll be surprised. I think Miss Kim is romantic enough, but she didn’t show it often.” Yoona said.

“What do you know about her.” Tiffany grumbled, but eventually she got up and left to the teacher’s room.

 

 

At the said place, she walked lazily toward Taeyeon’s desk and stopped before it.

 

“Miss Kim.”

“Oh, you’re here.” Taeyeon took out some books from her drawer and gave it to Tiffany. “Read it. It will help you a lot.”

Tiffany looked at the books painfully. “But…!”

“Your score is getting worse. You have to study more.” Taeyeon said. “And…”

Tiffany waited. She frowned, wondering what else Taeyeon want to say and how far she will torture Tiffany with these kind of books.

“…you may come to my place if you have something you don’t understand.”

Tiffany muted.

Taeyeon waited for her reaction, but the younger girl didn’t show anything.

“Thank you, Miss Kim. But I will try by myself first before ask you so I won’t become a burden to you.”

“Of course no. Actually…” Taeyeon looked around the room and after makes sure no one is near them, she continued. “I want to eat your food again. It’s delicious. I like it.”

Tiffany is still frowning, but Taeyeon noticed a small curve on the end of her lips. Taeyeon laughed mentally at the cuteness of Tiffany who tried hard to not smile and blush.

“M-Miss Jung… You should have dinner with her again… because, ehm… she’s more g-gorgeous and… The weather is good today… I will study well…” Tiffany started talking random things to hide her feeling.

“But I want to spend time with you, not her. Because I miss you.”

 

 

Tiffany can’t hold it anymore, her defense is ravaged, she hugged the books tightly and bowed to Taeyeon before left immediately. She ran back to her classroom which is now empty, only her two bestfriends there, waiting for her.

 

 

“How is it, Tiff?” Hyoyeon asked.

 

Tiffany threw the books to her table and jumped around the classroom while singing random songs and danced to it. Hyoyeon and Yoona stared at her quizzically, then guessing everything went well. She kept jumping and singing for 15 minutes before lose her breath and got too tired to continue.

 

Tiffany waited outside the teacher’s room for 1 hour that day before finally Taeyeon went out from the room. It’s already 6pm.

 

“Oh, Tiffany. What are you doing here?”

“I have something I don’t understand.” Tiffany went to Taeyeon’s side and shook the books in her arms smilingly.

“You’ve read them all??”

“I only read the first page of it and I already don’t understand.”

“I thought you said you want to try by yourself first?”

“I’ve tried. But Miss Kim is more clever than me, so…” Tiffany leaned closer to Taeyeon. “Can I go to your place tonight?”

Taeyeon smiled to her secret girlfriend for her cuteness. “Sure. Let’s go.”

 

 

Tiffany  trailed behind her excitedly while inside she’s screaming crazily. Taeyeon is being really sweet that night, she taught Tiffany and helped her do her homework. She decided to cross the line a little bit because she felt guilty to Tiffany, and she realized she has been too strict to her own girlfriend all this time. Taeyeon took her home and when they arrived near Tiffany’s house, she wrapped her arms around Tiffany’s body, receiving a loud gasp from the girl in her arms.

 

“Good night, Fany.”

“G-G-G-Good night… Miss K-Kim…” Tiffany managed to reply, out of breath and almost lose her feet strength. Her eyes opened widely and her face became totally red.

“Go inside.” Taeyeon chuckled seeing her.

“Okay… Miss Kim… Thank you for taking me home…”

 

 

Tiffany turned around and walked to her house very slowly, pinching her own cheek repeatedly, still couldn’t believe what just happened. After makes sure Tiffany is already inside her house, Taeyeon turned around and walked home. When she just took her fifth step, someone called her.

 

 

“Taeyeon?”

 

 

Taeyeon’s eyes widened as she recognized that voice. She turned around again immediately in panic just to see a coworker of hers is approaching her.

 

 

"J-Jessica...?"