Three

Immature Love

 

 

 

 

The next day, Tiffany went to the teacher room to meet Taeyeon. She pretended to ask her favorite teacher about the lesson, that actually she just wants to see her girlfriend. Taeyeon was a bit uneasy when she saw Tiffany due to what happened last night, but her pile of works forced her to forget her personal matters.

They sat side by side and Tiffany opened a book.

 

“I think I have explained it clearly at your class last week?” Taeyeon said.

“But I still don’t get it, Miss Kim.” Tiffany replied. She continued in whisper. “Why don’t you reply my message last night?”

Taeyeon pretend to stretch her waist to left and right while actually she took a look around her to make sure no one is listening. “I was sleeping.”

“You can reply it this morning. But you didn’t.”

“I forgot.”

 

A teacher came into the teacher room and approached Taeyeon’s table with a brown map.

 

“Miss Kim, yours just arrived.”

“Oh, thank you so much, Mr.Shin.”

“What is that?” Tiffany reached for the map when Mr.Shin already left, but Taeyeon stopped her.

“Don’t. I can’t tell you.”

“Why? Is it a secret?” Tiffany pouted. “I won’t tell anybody.”

“I can’t tell you because you’re a student. It’s teacher’s confidential documents.” Taeyeon yawned while hid the map somewhere on the pile of papers on her table. “Now, Fany, if there’s nothing else you need to ask…”

“Are you sleepy? I thought you slept early last night?” Tiffany narrowed her eyes. “Are you lying?”

“…I’m just tired. Can you please go back to your classroom? I still have many things to do…”

“What is this?” Tiffany ignored the older girl and took an old book on the table. “You read novel while working? You said you were busy…”

Taeyeon seized back the book immediately when she saw it was the book Jessica lent her. “I read it only to refresh my mind. Fany, go back to your…”

“I want to help you.”

“That’s impossible, Fany. Just go. Other teachers might suspect us…” Taeyeon whispered impatiently.

“But that’s the truth, right? We do have relationsh…”

“Fany. Please. I need to work right now. Can’t you understand? We are being too suspicious right now…”

“A student asking questions to her teacher is a common thing, Miss Kim.”

 

Taeyeon scratched her head. She really has many things to do, yet she can’t do anything because Tiffany is there. Her next class will be started in some minutes and she won’t have time after that. Everything is already too tiring for her without Tiffany being there, moreover she didn’t sleep well last night because of Jessica. And to add it all, the latter is entering the teacher’s room now. Taeyeon hasn’t met her yet since last night incident and honestly she still didn’t know how to act in front of Jessica after what happened.

 

“F-Fany, your break time is almost over, please go back. I beg you.” Taeyeon whispered and pushed Tiffany slowly.

“Am I bothering you?” Tiffany frowned.

“I need to go to toilet.” Taeyeon hastily got up from her chair and went to teacher’s bathroom before Jessica reached her place. “Go back to your class.”

 

Jessica saw Taeyeon went to the bathroom panicly, so she put her books on her table and followed the older to the bathroom. When she entered the bathroom, she saw Taeyeon is alone, walking in a circle near the window while mumbling to herself. Jessica smiled and approached her.

 

“Taeyeon?”

“Whoa!!!” Taeyeon jumped back and bump into some cleaning tools.

Jessica chuckled. “Why so shocked?”

“N-Nothing. Hehehehe.”

“We didn’t meet this morning. You went to your first class so early.” Jessica said.

“Ah, yeah.. well…”

“You look tired.” Jessica observed the latter’s face. “Did you take your vitamin I gave you?”

“Of course. I’m okay, don’t worry.” Taeyeon laughed to convince the latter.

“It’s just the beginning of the busy week and you already look pale.” Jessica chuckled. “Did you even have breakfast or lunch?”

“Ng, no and no. I don’t have time…”

“I knew it. I bought some bread from canteen. We still have 5 minutes before the bell. Wanna eat some?”

“Euh…”

“C’mon!”

 

Jessica pulled her hand and Taeyeon is worried to death that Tiffany might be still there and saw them, but fortunately she has left. Jessica is a really big help for Taeyeon. She told Taeyeon that she will help her buy her foods everyday so the older girl doesn’t need to think about that.

“You can’t ask the other teachers, of course, but don’t bother asking me for help.” Jessica said while they ate the bread.

“Thank you veeeery much, Sica.”

 

Jessica smiled, and seeing her pink lips somehow makes Taeyeon fluttered. She unconsciously staring at the lips for quite some times. Jessica raised her eyebrows.

 

“Hello?”

“Ah.” Taeyeon gazed down and chuckled nervously. “Sorry.”

“Oh yeah. Uhm… about last night… I’m sorry.” Jessica cleared . “I should’ve not done that. I’m really sorry.”

“I-It’s okay! I mean it’s not a big thing so… Uh, no no, I mean you don’t need to feel sorry, b-but that doesn’t mean I want to… I-I don’t say that I don’t like you…” Taeyeon stuttered.

“Hihihi.” Jessica giggled. “I understand. Don’t worry.”

“And…”

“Yes?”

“About the lubricant…” Taeyeon lowered her voice to the lowest. “Have you thrown it away?”

Jessica laughed. “Ahahahahaa of course, Taeng.”

 

The bell rang and Taeyeon has got to leave immediately. She got up, thanked and bid goodbye to Jessica, but the latter stopped her. Jessica got up from her chair and moved closer to Taeyeon. She touched Taeyeon’s collar and fix the shirt. It’s just for 3 seconds, but Taeyeon’s heart skipped a beat when she saw Jessica’s face closely.

“There you go.” Jessica said, tapping Taeyeon’s collar.

“Aigoo, when will we get the wedding invitation, young couple?” Some teacher who saw them chuckled and teased them.

“I-I’d better go now.” Taeyeon stuttered. She knew her face is red.

 

She walked to her next class while smacking her head.

 

“Fool! Fool! What’s wrong with you, Kim Taeyeon!??”

 

 

...

 

 

A week almost passed, and finally it’s English Club meeting day. The school has ended. Tiffany is preparing a prank for her beloved new English Club advisor in the club room. She put a bucket of water on the top of their club room’s door with eyes full of fire while her members are watching her in anxious. She even added some medium-sized ice blocks in the water.

 

“Tiff, I don’t think this is a good idea.” One of the member said hesitatedly.

“Why don’t we do something more subtle like sarcasm, mocking her or asking her questions she can’t answer which will make her realized that we don’t like her and she doesn’t deserve to be our advisor?” The other member suggested.

“That’s too childish! If you want us to laugh at her and humiliate her, this is how you do it!” Tiffany said.

“But I think placing a bucket of water like that is more childish…” said another member, but she immediately closed when Tiffany glared at her.

“Is she really a liar?” A member asked Tiffany.

“Yup. I’ve told ya, she is not from America and she can’t even speak English. She only read from the books and got hired here because she is acquainted with our headmaster. She said it all when she got drunk the other day…”

“You went drink with her?”

“…No. I mean I overheard her.” Tiffany added. “Anyway, she’s a dangerous person.”

“But she always looks decent and calm in my class, and I don’t think she’s a bad teacher…” a member said.

“And she always dressed neatly and elegantly, her scent’s good too. So mature. Make me really curious…”

“Fool! Don’t get tricked by her appearance! She wants to be our advisor because she likes to prey on younger girls. I bet she has dated some of our friends. Moreover our club has many cute students like you, or you.” Tiffany pointed randomly to some members – who get blushed – then she looked at them one by one with serious face. They all gathered around Tiffany and listened seriously. “But you all should be careful. Don’t let her take you to her house or you’ll get ***** and ******…”

“No way!!!” everyone exclaimed in disbelief.

“For real. And not only that, she’s also a…”

 

“Hello, everyone.”

 

Almost everyone in the room is gasping loudly when they heard Jessica’s voice. Everyone is looking at the teacher, who looked back calmly, then their stares moved to the water bucket on the top of the door. It’s there, safe and still. Looks like Tiffany set the door opened wide enough to be entered by that slim teacher, that Jessica didn’t need to move the door. Jessica walked to her table and looked at them confusedly.

 

“Shall we start? What are you discussing?”

“A-Ah, nothing, Miss Jung.” They all laughed awkwardly.

 

Tiffany immediately directed some of her members to gathered around Jessica to cover her from the teacher’s sight, before hastily jumped on a chair and took down the bucket, hid it below the table. She can’t let her plan got noticed before it was even happened.

The club started, and unfortunately for Tiffany, Jessica went along well with all the members that everyone already forgot what Tiffany said about their new advisor. It went well that they didn’t do their club activity but instead they talked like a friend and all the members often laughed at the advisor’s jokes. Only Tiffany who sat with frown on her face and stay silent all the time. Jessica has been so unapproachable and mysterious in daily class all this time, so when they have chance to talk to her outside the formal class, they’re so happy to do it. The teacher also let the situation be less formal because they’re not in class. She sat on her chair and all the students gathered in front of her table.

Then the topic changed to more personal thing.

 

“Miss Jung, do you have boyfriend?” Asked a member.

“Mmm, nope.” Jessica said. “I’m not that attractive, I guess? Hahaha.”

“No wayyy, you’re gorgeous!” Everyone protested. Tiffany snored.

“How about Miss Kim?? There’s a rumour that you are dating her!”

 

Both Jessica and Tiffany’s facial expression changed. The teacher folded her arms and sighed, but she can’t hide her smile. Everyone is waiting anticipatedly.

 

“What do you think? Do I look good with her?”

 

Jessica asked back calmly, but it triggered her students. Everyone is shouting and whistling to tease their advisor, while Tiffany gritted her teeth and glared at everyone but no one noticed her.

 

“Yes, yes Miss Jung! You both look good together!!” Shouted some students. Tiffany wants to punch them.

“We even have a couple name for you between us! It’s TaengSic!”

“So you two are really dating??”

“Wow!! Don’t you know how many students like you, Miss Jung!?”

“Hahaha, I’m just asking you. We’re not dating, of course.” Jessica answered finally, which is causing everyone to sigh in disappointment.

Tiffany scoffed, this time it’s loud enough to be heard. “Seems like you enjoy the rumour about you and Miss Kim?”

 

Everyone is silent. They all looked at Tiffany, who didn’t hide her discontentment at all. Jessica raised her eyebrows.

 

“Pardon me?”

Tiffany raised from her seat and her stare never moved from the teacher. “I said, seems like you enjoy the rumour about you and Miss Kim?”

“Well…” Jessica smiled calmly. “Miss Kim is a good teacher, and a good coworker. I don’t mind being paired with her. I’m just kidding, by the way.”

 

Jessica added the last part but her students started teasing her again and she just laughed it off, while not the same goes with the eye-smile girl over there. Tiffany is furious. She knew Jessica noticed her hostile question, but the teacher decided to ignore it and “play dumb like a coward,” Tiffany thought. Jessica even turned it to get more attention from the other students.

The eye-smile girl is ready to attack again when suddenly Jessica got up and excused herself to the bathroom. She ordered the students to read their books while then. Everyone is obeying her except Tiffany.

When the teacher didn’t come back for too long time for someone who need to go to bathroom, the club’s president got up from her seat and left the club room.

 

“Where are you going, president?”

“Bathroom. Miss Jung has been away for too long, right? Something might happen.” Tiffany fake a smile.

 

Actually she just want to confront Jessica. She has been thinking for some minutes and she decided to do this to stop the false rumour about her most favorite teacher and her least favorite teacher. She will give a ‘lesson’ to Jessica. She’s really mad and no one can stop her now.

 

Except Taeyeon, maybe.

 

Not too far from the club room’s door, there they are – Taeyeon and Jessica – talking, laughing, and seems so happy to meet each other. Tiffany just stared at them from the front of the door. She clenched her fist tightly.

 

“So this is why you take so long, eh, ?”

 

Tiffany went back to the club room and took the water bucket under the table. Some members noticed her action.

 

“What are you doing, president?”

“Execution time~” Tiffany hummed while keep preparing the prank.

“No, we should stop it, Tiff. Miss Jung is a nice teacher!” A member tried to stop Tiffany but got pushed away.

“Shut up! She’s a witch! Such a hypocrate and attention-seeker!”

 

Tiffany finished the preparation and this time she made sure the door should be pushed to enter this room. She pulled some members who tried to remove the bucket.

 

“Don’t you dare touch that bucket! Hey you stop right there!”

“She will punish us all, Tiff!”

“I don’t care!”

“You’ll get detention for doing this to a teacher!”

“I. Don’t. ing. Care!!!”

“Why are you hating her so much?? She is unlike what you told us earlier!”

“Just shut your mouth and watch!”

 

Some seconds later, someone opened the door and the bucket successfully fell down to the person below. The ice blocks hit the victim’s head hard enough before fell to the floor with the bucket and break into pieces, caused a loud noise. Everyone gasped loudly.

 

“What…!”

 

Jessica moved some strain of her wet hair from her wet face, water dripping from her hair, face, and her soaking wet cloth. She obviously looks dizzy, since the ice block is still big enough although it already melts a bit. Silent. Everyone locked their mouth, didn’t have guts to say something. Only Tiffany who laughed out loud and her laugh voice echoed on the club room.

 

“Omomo, look at her face! So funny!!” Tiffany exclaimed.

 

She continued laughing while the rest of the members bit their lips hard, ready to face the teacher’s anger. What is unexpected by everyone and Tiffany is Taeyeon’s presence. The latter appeared from Jessica’s behind, hit the door hard, startled everyone in the club room, and glared to all the students there.

 

“Who did this?”

 

Silent again. Taeyeon’s voice has never been this dangerous. All of the students is scared that no one can answer her. Jessica is still wiping her wet face with her hand but tried to calm Taeyeon down.

 

“Taeyeon, calm down…”

“WHO DID THIS!!??”

 

Then Taeyeon’s gaze fell to her girlfriend at the furthest seat, who looks really guilty and scared. Taeyeon gritted her teeth then immediately put off her blazer then covered Jessica’s body with it.

 

“Whoever did this will get a proper punishment. Are you okay, Miss Jung?”

“I-I’m dizzy.” Jessica massaged her head gently.

“Let’s go to the clinic.” Taeyeon turned to the students once again. “If none of you confess, everyone will get it.”

 

Taeyeon took Jessica away and they left the club room. Now everyone is staring at Tiffany.

 

“W-What?? It was just for fun. I didn’t expect the ice block to be that big. I thought it was all melted.” Tiffany shrugged.

“We will tell Miss Kim who did this.” The member said.

“N-No. Don’t tell her!” Tiffany panicking all of a sudden.

“I don’t want to get suspended because of something I didn’t do.” A member said. The others nodded.

“Yeah, I don’t want too.”

“Me too.”

Tiffany gritted her teeth. “O-O-Okay. I will go to Miss Kim and tell her myself! You all won’t get suspended, I promise!”

“Really?”

“Seriously! I’ll go see them now and apologize.”

 

Tiffany left the club room hastily, but walking on the corridor slowly, thinking about what reason to say to her angry girlfriend.

 

“Apologize? You wish. She deserves it. Now I have to think about what to say to TaeTae. Why did she even get angry for that woman? And does she think I didn’t see how that leaned on her and asked for a hug? Arrggghhh even until the very last time she's still stealing chance to touch TaeTae!! Gosh, I’ll just talk to TaeTae, she will let this go. But what should I say…”

 

Tiffany walked slowly to the clinic while continue thinking.

 

 

Taeyeon opened the clinic’s door with some clothes in her hand. She approached the other teacher who is lying down on the clinic bed, covered with blanket. Taeyeon sat at the small chair beside the bed and touched the blanket. Jessica opened her eyes and sat up, but still covering her body with the blanket.

 

“Thank you, Taeyeon.”

“Fortunately I keep some shirts in my locker. Here, dry your hair with this towel.” Taeyeon gave her the clothes she brought. “Where’s your wet cloth?”

“I hung it there.”

 

Jessica lowered her blanket a bit to wear the shirt but Taeyeon can see her milky collar bone and cleavage clearly, makes her heart skipped a beat. The older girl moved her gaze to another direction hastily and immediately got up and walked to the window.

 

“P-Please tell me if you've finished.” Taeyeon stuttered.

“Finished.”

 

Taeyeon slowly turned around and sighed in relief when she saw Jessica isn’t half- anymore. She went back to the bed side and sat there again, but apparently her face is still a bit red because Jessica is laughing at her.

 

“We’re both girl, Taeyeon.” Jessica chuckled.

“I-I know. I’m just…”

“You’re so innocent. Are you still ?”

Taeyeon bulged out her eyes. “W-W-What are you talking about, Miss Jung!?”

“Hahahahaha how cute~”

“B-By the way, how could the students did that to you? Do you know who’s the main culprit?” Taeyeon changed the topic.

“Main culprit?”

“I don’t think everyone was in, there must be one person who command them or maybe even the culprit was just one person.”

“I don’t know. This is our first meet and we went along well from the beginning. I was surprised when you appeared behind me. I thought you already went back to teacher’s room?”

“I heard loud noise so I thought something must’ve happened…”

 

Actually Taeyeon knew it all. She knew who’s the culprit and she knew something like this is more likely to happen. She was so relieved to see Jessica on the corridor earlier and asked her about her first club meeting. But right when she bid goodbye to Jessica and was convinced that Tiffany won’t do something stupid for now, she heard loud noise - and that’s it, she knew Tiffany has done something.

 

“I will find the culprit and punish them. This is too much. It’s not funny at all.” Taeyeon said.

“Don’t be too hard on them.”

“This is a serious problem, Jessica. No students ever did this to their teacher.”

“Perhaps I wasn’t the target. You know, students like to throw jokes and put prankster on each other.”

“Well…”

 

They do, but Tiffany is a different case.

 

“I just want to remind you not to punish innocent students who wasn’t involved. You should listen to their reason first.” Jessica said calmly.

“Okay, mom.” Taeyeon laughed. “How’s your head?”

“Better. By the way, your extra class will be finished at 7pm right? How about a dinner?”

“Sure.” Taeyeon grinned. “Uhm, I should go back, still have to check student’s homeworks. I can leave you alone?”

“If I say I need you to accompany me under this blanket, will you sleep with me?” Jessica smirked.

Taeyeon blushed again. “Y-Your word is ambiguous, Miss Jung. I’ll go now, s-see you later.”

“Hihihihi okay~”

 

 

Taeyeon didn’t know what is wrong with her recently. She talked to Jessica as usual – they even get closer now – but at some dangerous moments, her heart always skips a beat and fluttered. Dangerous moment here means when Jessica or touch her. The younger girl understands her well and there are no drama in their relationship – something Taeyeon really hate. The older girl could speak her mind freely and openly to Jessica, and vice versa. No hard feeling, and they’re cool with each other.

Right when Taeyeon closed the clinic door and made her way to the teacher’s room, Tiffany called her.

 

“Miss Kim!”

Taeyeon stopped. She turned around and gritted her teeth when she saw who called her. “We’ll talk about it later.”

“Talk about what?”

“About something you want to say to me. Reasons and excuses.”

“Y-You should listen to me first, TaeTa…”

“Sssh!!”

 

Taeyeon closed Tiffany’s mouth with her hand. She looked around to make sure they’re alone there. She took Tiffany to the rooftop where they can talk privately.

 

“I-I’m sorry for doing that. Some of the members are with me too, but we didn’t mean to do that to Miss Jung. A member was going out to toilet so we prepared this for her…” Tiffany reasoned.

“Do you think I didn’t hear your laugh when your plan succeeded?” Taeyeon grumbled.

“I-I thought she was that member! The other members realized it faster, but you know I was at the back chair so I didn’t realize it…”

“Stop making up reason, Tiffany. I don’t believe your story.” Taeyeon narrowed her eyes. “You have disgraced your own club. I don’t know why should you hate Sica that much. She’s a good teacher. I thought you said you know the rumour about us wasn’t true?”

“Sica?”

“…I mean Miss Jung.”

“How cute. So now you have nickname for each other? What did she call you? Taengoo??” Tiffany quipped.

“Don’t change the topic. For conclusion, your attitude is unacceptable and I have to give you punishment. You’ve hurted a teacher.” Taeyeon said.

“Oh very well. Keep covering your beloved SICA. You’re really angry if something happen to her, right?”

“I’m not covering her! Can’t you distinguish between serious problem and something you can make fun of?? Do you think it’s okay to hurt a teacher just because you dislike her?? Nobody will ever believe your story!”

“Everybody will, actually. Except you!!” Tiffany started yelling. “You are the cruelest person ever! Not to mention the cruelest girlfriend! You don’t care about my feeling at all! You never trust me, do you!? You think you can distrusting me just because you’re my girlfriend?? You wanna know why I hate SICA that much?? Because you cheat on me with her!”

“W-What are you talking about…”

“Do you think I didn’t see how you two check each other out and flirting all the time?? How far have you gone?? I bet you’ve already slept with her, haven’t you!?”

“Yah, don’t yell too loud. There’re people down there…” Taeyeon moved closer to Tiffany but the latter pushed her away. Tears are threatened to fall from her beautiful eyes.

“I’m right, aren’t I? You like ing her?? Is she good at bed??”

“Hwang Tiffany, watch your mouth.” Taeyeon pointed at her. Her voice became dangerous again. “You cannot talk to your teacher like that. I’m still your teacher. So is she. There are rules, and it’s not about whose side I’m on, but you’ve been too rude and I can’t let it go just like that.”

“Rules?? Ha!” Tiffany snorted. “Look who’s talking! A teacher who dates her own student is talking about rules!”

Taeyeon gritted her teeth. “What…!”

“Everyone will believe my story, even SICA will believe me as well and then she will let this matter go! It’s you only who distrust me! Yeah, you, my own girlfriend!”

“Because I know you are lying! Do you think you can be a good adult if you keep justifying your mistakes?? Stop being so childish, you are 19, Tiffany! I’m sick and tired of all your immature behavior! When will you learn and stop being selfish!? Does everyone have to fulfill your wish all the time?? Does everything should go the way you want it?? Use your brain! I hate you for being like this!”

 

Taeyeon lost her patience. She can’t stand Tiffany’s attitude anymore. It hurts her as well, but she feel like she will explode soon if she doesn’t say this.

 

 

Taeyeon panted a little.

Tiffany just stared at her. And slowly, her tears fell down.

 

“I’ve been longing for you to say you love me ever since we confess to each other. I do everything I can to make you say it again. Everything. And at the end, all you can say to me is you hate me.” Tiffany’s voice shaking. “Did you notice it? No, I guess. I love you so much, Miss Kim, but I never know how do you feel about me. We confessed, you make me yours, then you abandon me. You take me easy because you think I’m nothing, unlike Miss Jung who have it all, right? She’s mature, pretty, and hot.”

“…Stop it.”

“If you keep despising me, then what is this relationship for? I’m not enough for you. You want an adult, not a kid like me. If that’s what you really want, then why wouldn’t we just break…”

“I said stop it!”

Tiffany stopped. They stared at each other for quite long time in silence. Tears are still rolling down from the younger’s eyes.

 

“I love you, Tiffany. Is this what you want to hear? I’ll say it again. I. Love. You.” Taeyeon said. “Please. Stop doing stupid things. Stop overthinking. I don’t despise you, I just have many things that I can’t tell you. I have burdens that you don’t understand.”

“Just tell me honestly. You love her, right?” Tiffany sobbed a little.

“Don’t you hear what I just said??” Taeyeon furrowed her eyebrows.

“You just say it because I asked. Just tell me that you love her and then you can dump me.”

 

Taeyeon groaned. She didn’t know how to face Tiffany anymore. She can’t believe how this girl could really frustrating her. The older girl opened and closed but no voice comes out. She didn’t know what to say anymore.

 

“Does it feel good? To not being trusted? It’s not that I distrust you, but I know you’re lying! Just like how you distrust me!” Tiffany said fiercely.

“Are you kidding me?” Taeyeon raised her voice again. “You like to make fun of me? Seriously, Tiffany??”

“I hate Jung Jessica! I hate her!!!” Tiffany started yelling again. “I really hate her and I will hate her forever!!! Go that ing and satisfy her!!!”

 

Taeyeon already raised her hand but she stopped in the air, clenching it into a fist. She gritted her teeth hard, tried to hold herself from exploding.

 

“Slap me. Slap me for that woman. C’mon.” Tiffany hissed.

 

Taeyeon just stared at the younger girl desperately.

 

“I’m tired, Tiffany…” Taeyeon whispered weakly. “I just want you to be better. Please… be mature.”

 

She closed her eyes, then opened it again and walked away to the rooftop’s door, closed the door behind her, and completely disappeared from Tiffany’s sight.

The eye-smile girl still remain at her place, tears falling down from her eyes, and gritted her teeth hard.

 

“As you wish…” Tiffany whispered. “…Miss Kim.”

 

 

 

 

Tiffany went home that day without telling Yoona or Hyoyeon first, and locked herself in her room all day long. Her 2 bestfriends came over to her house because they’re worried and they thought something must’ve happened to the eye-smile girl. They’ve knocked on her door for half an hour but still got no answer from the girl inside the room.

 

“Tiff, c’mon, you can talk to us if you have problem. Is it about Miss Kim?” Yoona exclaimed.

“Did someone hurt you?? We will tell Miss Kim if it’s true.” Hyoyeon added.

“Should we call Miss Kim now? You want us to take her here?” Yoona asked.

“I’ll call her now, then.” Hyoyeon said.

 

Unexpectedly the door swung open all of a sudden. Yoona and Hyoyeon looked at Tiffany in astonishment.

 

“W-What happen to your eyes?” Yoona blinked.

“Nothing…” Tiffany answered.

“And what happen to your voice?” Hyoyeon asked.

“Come in.”

 

Tiffany’s eyes are all red and her voice is hoarse. The other 2 girls are stealing glances to her worriedly while they fixed their seat position on the carpet to be more comfy.

 

“What happened Tiff?” Yoona asked softly.

Tiffany paused for awhile, then she smiled bitterly. “You’re right. Everything you both said is right. I’ve been too childish all this time. TaeTae will get bored and dump me if I stay like this.”

“Oh… Well…” Yoona and Hyoyeon looked at each other, don’t know what to say.

“I’m nothing compared to Jung Jessica. Who want to play with a kid like me?” Tiffany chuckled. “TaeTae is 26 years-old, she’s not 19 like us. Why didn’t I realize this earlier?”

 

Tears rolling down again from her already-red eyes. Yoona and Hyoyeon shifted closer and rubbed her back. The oldest girl wiped her tears and chuckled again.

 

“I’ve been thinking about everything. Whatever I do, if I remain the same, she won’t bat an eye at me. Jung Jessica is too bright and shiny, she’s blinded by her. I have to… change.”

“Y-Yes, you’re right. I bet Miss Kim will choose you over Miss Jung if you change a bit.” Hyoyeon supported her.

“Yeah, she already loves you, so you just need to correct yourself a bit, then I believe she’ll fall into you deeper!” Yoona said.

Tiffany smiled. “Thank you, guys.”

Yoona and Hyoyeon smiled in relief. “Hehe, so, what will you do now?”

“…I want to meet her.”

“Miss Kim? I’ve told you we should’ve called her…”

“No. Jung Jessica. I want to meet her.” Tiffany said firmly.

Both of her bestfriends’ eyes bulged out. “W-What!?? But you said you want to change…!”

“I won’t do stupid thing. I just want to talk to her.”

“B-But…!”

“Trust me.”

 

Nothing can be said anymore. Yoona and Hyoyeon didn’t know what is in Tiffany’s mind and the latter didn’t bother telling them as well.

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon and Jessica have dinner at a restaurant together but Taeyeon didn’t talk at all, she even almost didn't touch the food; She just staring at her beer glass in silence while listening to the music from the restaurant's loudspeaker. Jessica looked at her worriedly.

 

“You okay?”

“Hm? Yeah.” Taeyeon smiled.

“Something’s wrong? You lost your document?”

“No…”

Jessica touched Taeyeon’s forehead. “No fever. You sure? You look troubled.”

“I just have many things in my mind. Well, just another bad day, I guess.”

“Not about your family, right?” Jessica asked worriedly.

“Fortunately no.” Taeyeon muted again. “Sica…”

“Yes?”

“Did you disobey your parents too when you were a kid?”

“Well, everybody did that.” Jessica chuckled. “Did you?”

“Uh-huh.” Taeyeon sighed. She’s still staring at her glass and played it in her hand. “I feel like a parent. We should’ve not been like parent and child, but… Sometimes I think I’ve made a bad decision. I should’ve not broken the rules. I-I should’ve not crossed the line and should’ve just denied my feeling. I did it because I… Sometimes I just can’t tell all the reasons, I can only hope she understands. I can understand my parents’ feeling now.”

Jessica muted.

“Why are we acting like parent and child in the first place? I don’t know. But she’s right. Yeah. I’m not the right person to talk about rules. How embarrassing…”

 

 

Taeyeon was really shocked when Tiffany said that. It really hurted her feeling, and she wasn't expected that at all. Everytime she remembered that word, her heart aches again.

 

 

The petite girl ruffled her hair, then chuckled. “Gosh, what am I talking about… Sorry, Sica. I think I’m too tired. I need to go home now. It’s okay?”

“Y-Yeah, I’m good. Take a rest, Taeng, you do look tired.” Jessica said. “Do you want me to take you home?”

“No, thanks. See ya.” Taeyeon smiled. She put some money on the table and took her coat before leave.

“See ya…”

 

Jessica continued drinking alone, drown in her thought.

 

“Parent and child? Breaking rules and denying feeling? What are you talking about, Taeyeon…” Jessica mumbled to herself. “ ’She’s right’? Who?”

 

Jessica ordered one more glass and emptied it in no time.