Chapter 6 - Ki Kwang

Smiling silently for love

“Oh look at her, she’s so hot!”

“Yeah look at her body, perfect”

“I just really want to-“

“YAH! Stop it” Ki kwang said with a loud voice, the three guys jumped up when they heard him and when they realized it was Ki kwang who had yelled at them they ran off like their pants were on fire.  Kikwang mumbled something under his breath and turned around to see the most important person in his life right now, Min Ah.

She did a pirouette and lifted her leg up holding that position in a couple seconds. She was truly amazing, Ki Kwang could not deny that he had thought the same things as the other guys before.  She must have seen him because she stopped dancing and smiled towards him. Ki kwang began walking to her with a impressed face, “wow I’m impressed” he said and smirked

“What?” she asked confused

“I’m surprised you’re in time for practice” He said and laughed when he saw Min Ah’s pouted mouth. He patted her head, “Stop it oppa~” she said but that just made him want to continue, he started patting her harder making her hair cover her face. Ki kwang just laughed when min ah started mumble something. “What? I didn’t hear, speak up” He said and started tickle her instead causing her to scream and laugh. Min Ah tried to pull him away but she was too weak, to her advantage they were interrupted by their group members who had walked into the room.

They both straightened up and Ki kwang cleared his throat and walked over to his bag to take out his things. Min Ah looked at him and giggled while going out to fill her bottle with water.

The practice had started good but at the end Min Ah had hard times concentrating so when the practice was over he thought her needed to speak with her. He saw her standing outside and called for her.

Yah, Min ah what happened before…Oh who’s this?” He said when he saw the tall guy standing close to Min Ah. A little to close?  He thought getting a little irritated.

“Oh Oppa this is Choi Minho-ssi, and Minho-ssi this is Ki kwang oppa.” Min ah said

Minho-ssi I guess he doesn’t mean so much to him, Ki kwang relaxed and felt his confident rise which was shown in his smile. He must have looked a lot superior because he could feel this Minho-ssi’s anger through his hand. It only made Ki kwang laugh inside and to show that he was actually superior he put his arm around Min ah. Ki kwang could see the tall guy get irritated but Ki kwang just smiled back at him when he pulled Min ah away from him.

They were mostly quiet on the way home, Min ah who was angry ‘cause Ki kwang had dragged her away and Ki kwang didn’t want to irritate her more by opening his mouth. When they arrived by her house she invited him in to his surprise. When he walked in her mother greeted them, Ki kwang liked Min ah’s mother she was always very nice to him and reminded him of his own mother. Then it hit him, he had not thought of it, but it had gone almost one year now… Since his mother had died.

 

 

One year ago when Ki Kwang had started second year high school, he got a call from the hospital that his mother was dying. His first thought was that they must be kidding but later when he actually saw her, lying in that hospital almost lifeless, it really hit him. His mother was about to die. What was he suppose to do? He begged the doctors to help her but they said that they couldn’t do anything for her. He became completely crushed when he finally died. Ki kwang’s father was not too much help, he was too crushed. They had a hard time back then and Min ah’s family helped them a lot. During the hardest times Ki kwang’s dad had told kikwang to stop dancing.

Ki Kwang’s mother had been a famous dancer and when she got diagnosed she had ignored it, which made it all worse. His dad had tried to convince her to stop but dancing was her life and she could absolutely not stop. So when she died Ki kwang’s dad told him to stop dancing. He had Ki kwang to go to the dance studio or any place dance related. Kikwang was on the wedge of stopping, but then Min ah told him something that changed it. He who already had a little crush on her took her words to his heart.

“But oppa can’t stop dancing! I like oppa the most when he’s dancing! It’s like the world stops and only oppa moves, and I can see that you really enjoy dancing! You can’t stop, you were the one who inspired me to dance…. So please don’t stop, I wouldn’t know what to do if you stopped…”

Ki Kwang actually smiled when he remembered what she had said, how could he ever say no to her? She looked so cute and was on the wedge of crying, how could ever be so cruel to say no to her? So he decided he wouldn’t stop and earned a slap from his dad but he knew he couldn’t stop not only for Min Ah’s sake but his mother wouldn’t have wanted him to stop either.

 “Look she’ll be a great wife when she grows up” Her mother said with a big smile on her lips

Ki kwang looked at Min Ah who gave him his glass of milk, and smiled “I’m sure she’ll be” He said and saw that she blushed. How cute

 

When it was time for him to go home, Min Ah’s mother stopped him when he was about to go out. She looked back to make sure Min ah wasn’t there and smiled.

“You know, Min ah is a very fine young lady… You should catch her now before someone else does it!”

”Hwaiting!” Min Ah’s mother said clenching her fist

“Hwaiting” he said and laughed nervously

 “Mom we have school tomorrow so let him go” Min Ah said walking towards us

Min Ah’s mom kissed his forehead and he walked out.

Catch her…? Well have to give it a try then, don’t want to disappoint her mother… Ki kwang thought and laughed