Chapter 5

Smiling silently for love

It felt like the ground was shaking when the music began to play. Min Ah became completely relaxed, this was where she belonged, in this dance studio surrounded by people who loves dancing as much as she does. Ki Kwang started counting and everybody got ready and when he said eight everybody did the moves they have been practicing for ever. While dancing Min Ah glanced over to Ki Kwang, he looked truly amazing. He was too in his element and shined the most, his moves were précis and nobody in the room had more charisma then him. Ki Kwang met her eyes and flashed her a smile, that made her feel warm in side. No, concentrate.

By the end of the routine Min Ah saw someone familiar standing on the other side of the glass door. Min Ah stopped in the middle of a move, and remained still. It was Choi Minho looking handsome as ever. She stared at him, not able to move away, but her fantasies were interrupted by Ki Kwang who had hit her head with some paper. “Yah, what are you doing?” Concentrate.
“Sorry” she said quietly and looked ashamed. She hated making him disappointed. “Just go in positing and we’ll try this again.” She nodded and got to her position.  But Min ah was distracted the whole time because Minho and she once shared a glance and he had waved to her. Min Ah had hesitantly waved back and bumped into someone.

Min Ah felt exited but still disappointed about herself for ruining the practice, but now she had the chance to talk to Minho. He stood outside the practice room looking at another group practicing. Min Ah approached him slowly and cleared .

Ah, Hi! He said looking a little surprised by min ah sudden approach. Min Ah smiled at him and recived one back.

“What are you doing here?”  Min ah asked

“Oh, I’m just here to look at my friend..” Minho pointed at a guy who was dancing in the other room. It was a skinny but good looking guy. “Lee Taemin, Maybe you know him?” Min ho asked

Lee Taemin.. That name was familiar, oh right it was that little kid who was really good at dancing. “Yeah I know who he is….” Min ah said while her voice trailed away

Min ah felt a little disappointed that he wasn’t here for her but what should she have expected?
They talked little but they got interupted by a familiar voice. "Yah Min ah, what happened before… Oh who is this?" Ki kwang asked looking at Minho.

“Oh Oppa, this is Choi Minho-ssi, and Minho-ssi this is Ki kwang oppa.” Min Ah said and felt some tension between the two of them, but she was probably imagination it.

“Yes, I know” Min ho said and smiled torwards Kikwang and he answered with an even brighter smile. "Pleased to meet you," Ki kwang said and reached his hand forward so Minho could take it. And it looked like they both pressed alittle to hard but Min ah couldn’t notice.

“Min Ah, it’s getting late. I’ll take you home now.”  Ki kwang put his arm around her shoulders and looked over at Minho. “You’ll have to excuse us” he said and walked away half dragging Min ah with him.

 

They both walked into her house, and they were greeted by Min Ah’s over exited mother. Min Ah’s mother loves Ki Kwang, whenever he visits it would be like Ki kwang was her son instead of min ah. But Min ah knows she’s just nice to him after what happened. And because he’s very handsome.

“Thank you for always taking care of our Min ah, I know she can be annoying sometimes but she’s really a cute girl.” Min ah’s mother said to Ki kwang. Min ah just sight and opened the refrigerator, she took out the milk and pourd herself a glass.

“Min ah! Where’s your manners? Did I raise you to become like this? Oh I’m such a bad mother”

Min ah looked skeptical at her mother but still poured another glass to Ki Kwang. “Look she’ll be a great wife when she grows up” Min Ah’s mother said happily.

Sometimes Min Ah wonders if her mother had plans of her and ki kwang getting married. ‘Cause she’s always talking about what a great couple they’ll be and always saying that min ah would be a good wife or he a good husband. But Min ah tried to not think of it too much.

“I’m sure she’ll be” Ki Kwang said and drank from his milk causing Min ah to blush.

“Well it’s getting late, I think I have to go.”

“Already?” Min ah’s mom said

“Mom we have school tomorrow so let him go”

“ok “ she said quietly and kissed Ki Kwang’s forehead “Take care”

“Mom!” Min ah yelled but Ki Kwang just laughed he was used to it.

“I’ll see you tomorrow then...” Ki Kwang said and walked out.

When the door closed and Min ah could no longer se him she suddenly said, “It has almost been a year now right?”

Min ah knowing exactly what her mother was talking about answered quietly “Yes….”

“I hope he’s gonna be okay…”

“Me too”