Oppa?

The truth behind.

"You're up early." I said after bowing to him. He was wearing a white loose shirt and a pajama filled with teddy bears and hearts. He was quite a stunner even though he had just woke up. His face doesn't even look swollen. *The world is unfair* I thought to myself as I stared at his perfectly messy hair. 

"I smelled the ramen... I thought Gongchan was cooking again so I checked." He was now leaning on the table, he kept opening and closing his eyes as if somethings wrong but I assumed that it was just because he was still sleepy. Ah... Leader Jinyoung, always checking up on the members. It was sweet but sometimes I think it's getting on the other's nerves. 

"No.. Dong Woo asked me to cook today. Punishment for accidentally hitting his nose with the rem---" I turned my back on him, the ramen was just about finished. But then he stopped me mid-sentence.

"You never once called us oppa." His voice was cold - as always. I was fighting the urge to look at him to take a peak at his expression. 

"I guess you're right..." I said. I stopped stirring the ramen and looked for bowls... 

"Here." He was already beside me, holding six bowls. I felt my face burn in shame but he should hear me out first. So I managed to open my mouth to explain...

"I~"

"WOW! Noona! Did you cook this? Wow!" Gongchan woke up with his usual bubbly attitude. Ok. Fine. My explanation to Jinyoung can wait. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You cook really good, noona," Baro said while chewing. He was sitting on the floor while watching a football replay. Sandeul was beside him, merrily eating. They were awakened by the smell of the ramen. *Now I have a new way of waking them up*, I thought. *No more sirens*.

"Maybe you should let noona hit your nose every day, CNU hyung." Sandeul joked. CNU nudged him with his foot. Sandeul just laughed. In my head, all their honorifics are killing me! Jinyoung just mentioned that I never call them oppa and here are three of them calling me noona! Sandeul's even just a month younger than me! 

Ok. My turn now. 

"Jinyoung... oppa." I said, after swallowing my last spoon of ramen. Jinyoung who was sitting on the sofa across where I was sitting, looked at me calmly with questioning eyes. 

"Wae, dongsaeng?" He smiled. I blushed but my confidence didn't waver. 

"I don't call you and Dong Woo 'oppas' because I am not used to it. I may sound disrespectful to you guys but I just want to let you know that the country where I stayed for years doesn't really bother with honorifics. And it's hard to adjust to using them again. So, sorry for not calling you oppa. And I can't assure you that I can use honorifics soon..." My eyes were darting from a member to another. Sandeul was staring at me with his mouth wide open, Baro was calm and nodding, Gongchan continued chewing all the while looking at me, Dong Woo was still massaging his nose... And Jinyoung, he was smiling. Weird. 

"Gwaenchana, Ah Ra. Someday you will call me oppa." He then posed as if he was going to shoot me with his hand, "Boom!"