Swept Under

The truth behind.

My palm started to sweat as I watched Jinyoung turn his back on me to go to the bathroom. He said that he'll just take 30 minutes to get ready and then we'll be heading off to the playground just a few blocks away from their dorm. From the looks of it, it's gonna be a lie. He never just takes minutes in getting ready. Two hours is not even enough for the leader. Anyways, it's still early.

I shifted in my seat and started to mindlessly push buttons on my cellphone. The only thing I hear is Dong Woo's heavy breathing and the water flowing inside the bathroom.

But the thing is, my heart wasn't racing anymore and I feel calm. This is new to me, I mean, towards Jinyoung and all. Maybe it was all in my head, the nervousness and the lack of composure whenever he is within 3 meters of my personal space. He never showed me that he wanted to be friends, until today, I guess. And now I feel like I've conquered something.

"You're thinking way too much, Ah Ra." Dong Woo said, his eyes still closed. He didn't move a muscle. Or did he? I don't remember.

"What are you saying?" I felt the urge to be defensive.

"I'm just telling you that you should stop being way ahead of things. Don't deny, dongsaeng. I know things even though you don't say much." He moved to the side and opened his eyes then stretched his arms and legs. Yawning, he then gestured me to come near him and motioned for me to give him an ear.

He then whispered, "Just be yourself around him. Jinyoung's pretty good with reading people. And, be careful."

"Be careful with what?" I asked as I pulled my head away from his face. But then, Jinyoung came out of the bathroom. Dong Woo stood up, then mouthed "fighting" to me. I just brushed it off then continued to play with my cellphone.

 ********************************************************** ****************************************************** *****************************************

Walking along the corridors, side by side with Jinyoung, felt unreal. Not once did it ever crossed my mind that we will be alone like this, especially the part where he's the one who invited me to accompany him. There are no words that I could possibly put together to describe the feeling I was having at that moment. Everything seemed to move slower than usual. His lips, as he was talking, was the only thing that kept me from drifting away from reality. It was obvious enough - even to myself - that Jinyoung's charm very much affected me.

The words coming out from his mouth became incomprehensible because of my momentary dumbness. Earlier in the living room, the calmness was very overwhelming that I thought everything will just be normal. But now, what was happening? It feels like he's pulling me under, swept away by a sudden gush of emotion and confusion that only he, by far, can make me experience.

A touch on my shoulders bolted me back to what was really in front of my eyes. Three flights of stairs. I was so drowned with my feelings that my brain failed to realize that we were about to go down. It was so awkward that Jinyoung saw that I wasn't listening to him anymore... Coz the only sound I can hear was my heartbeat.

"Ah Ra? Gwaenchana?"

"Ah! Yes... Sorry. I was just thinking."

"If you say so..."

Then he held my elbows as we started to go down the stairs.