Opportunity?

The truth behind.

How the hell did I sleep so well, I do not know. As far as I can remember, I spent the whole night pacing around the house just to calm the nerves from that shocking phone conversation I had with Jinyoung. Okay, whatever. I am on my way to the office now and it is super cold. Can the timing be any more perfect? My lips are so chapped, my face is dry, and the clothes I'm wearing is just too stupid. Haven't had the luxury of time to do "girly" stuff if your call time is six in the morning! 

As I entered the train, I kept asking myself why did they ask me to come there so early. Back in the country I studied in, office hours usually start at 9 in the morning and I thought it'd be the same thing here. But who am I to complain? This is my first job and I need to do well. I breathed in as the doors opened at the final station, "this is it" I thought to myself. Three more blocks and I'm there. 

"Good morning." I said to the receptionist who was clearly in a cheery mood. She was listening to some party song and was bobbing her head furiously. 

"Good morning! And you're name is...?" She asked, still bouncing her head up and down. It's weird. 

"Chang Ah Ra." 

"Oh! So you're the new girl!" She looked at me from my messy hair to my worn out chucks. My heart was beating so fast I thought it's gonna explode. I couldn't say anything. I just froze. Her dancing stopped and her eyes became dark.

"You're three minutes late." She added. WHAT? I was here at exactly 6am! If it wasn't for her obnoxious dancing, she would've realized that I was punctual.

"What?" I managed to utter.

"Just kidding! I got you there, right? By the way, I'm Ha Hyun! Now, go to that door on the far left and Manager In Ro has something to say to you." She talks fast. No joke.

"Nice to meet you, Ha Hyun. And yes, you made me nervous." I laughed and exhaled. "See you later!"

Entering Manager In Ro's office, I first noticed how disorganized he was. Papers stacked up everywhere, trash bin almost full, the books were disarranged, and there were post-its with last months reminders written on them yet the man himself is quite neat with himself. After the greetings and all that, we both sat down and he started darting me questions which I confidently answered. But then he caught me off guard...

"Is it okay if I add another task?" He asked. Well, it was fine, there's no perfect job and their company is just starting so there will be shortage of manpower and I was kinda expecting this so I said okay.

"Will you please accompany the boys wherever they go? That includes fetching them to their dorm and making sure they are safely home at the end of the day." He was serious, I can tell. And whoa... I did not expect this at all. But it excited me. So I said okay.

"Please start today. The boys should be here by 10 o'clock. The driver is already waiting for you at the parking lot. Look for the white van. Make sure the boys will bring extra set of clothes. They'll be training for the whole day and you have to give me a report tomorrow on how well they did. Are we clear, Miss Ah Ra?" 

"Yes, Manager. I will do everything you say."