Chapter Four

Street Rat

"Daddy, what's this?" My five year old hand pointed to the black object in the middle of the room. The room itself looked dull compared to the black object, even with the elegant vases, couches, and curtains to the ceiling.

"Come here Jisoo and I'll tell you." I happily skipped to the man known as my father and he took my hand in his as soon as I reached him. We walked towards the black object where he pulled what I could guess was the seat. Sitting down he pulled me onto his lap. He lifted the lid up and I stared in wonder at the ivory keys before me.

"This is a piano Jisoo, do you want to see what it does?" I nodded quickly, never taking my eyes off the piano. He rested his fingers ontop of the keys and pressed down lightly. The most beautiful melody struck my ears and I was memorized by the sound. A few short minutes passed and my father stopped playing. I stuck my hands out slowly to press on one of the keys. The note rang through the room and I squealed. I quickly put my hands where my father's once was and played the melody he just showed me. I looked back at him when I was done with the biggest smile. He had a look of shock but that quickly changed into a smile.

"You just played a song called Moonlight Sonata, Jisoo. You are very talented." I felt my grin widen at the praise. He patted my head with approval.

 

"Hey Jisoo!" I felt myself come back to the present with a shock. Yoongi was waving his hands infront of my face trying to pull me out of my trance.

"What?" My tone was rude on purpose to get his hands out of my face.

"Don't have to be rude. I was trying to tell you your breakfast is getting cold but whatever." He shrugged his shoulders and walked away from the table with his dish in hand. Looking down at my food I realized it wasn't steaming anymore and knew I was spacing out for a while. I groaned and quickly ate the food. Grabbing my plates I went into the kitchen to wash my dishes. Yoongi was already there with his headphones in rapping to a song and washing dishes. Appa must have put him to work. I slowly brought my plate to his side, where all the other dirty dishes were with the hopes of not getting noticed. I was almost in the clear when he grabbed my wrist. "Damn it," I whispered under my breath. 

"Try to be sneakier next time." He released my wrist moving over slightly in the process and tossed me a rag in an attempt to tell me to wash dishes with him. Knowing I wouldn't get out of this I huffed and starting cleaning with him.

"Do you want to go to my studio first or to the store?" I looked over at him confused.

"Well I want to apologize for being a complete earlier. Take it as pity or not. That's up to you. If you really don't want to work with me thats fine, I'll just give you a key to my studio so you don't have to sneak in next time. You also don't have to work with me. I'll just give you a schedule so you can avoid me. Sound good?"

Oh that's right. "Just give me the key and I'll go in myself tonight." 

"No can do. You have to have someone there with you." I stopped scrubbing the plate that was in my hand.

"What? You said you'd give me a key!" I let the plate plop back into the water and looked at the boy threateningly. He just finished the plate he was working on placing it into the dish rack to dry. Slowly looking at me he said, "well, I'm giving you a key but I have to be there because my security guards were told to throw you out the next time they see you. And it would be easier to tell them if you were there with me so they know to never throw you out. Plus, I don't trust you with my ." He turned back to the job at hand leaving me completely stunned. I returned to my senses shortly afterwards grunting out a few curse words and washing a plate rather agressively.


I went to grab my bag from the entrance and go to my usual spots to sell when a hand stopped me. 

"Where you going? I'm not ready yet."

"To my usual selling spots. I'm not going with you to your studio."

"Why are you being so stubborn?" He pulled you to sit next to him at the nearest table. With his other hand he grabbed his phone out of his pocket quickly typing in a number and pressing call. I just had to sit there waiting with this idiot.

"Hey can you come get me and my friend from my grandfather's restaurant?" He paused. "Yes, that's the address. Be here within ten minutes, okay?" He then hung up the phone. How could someone be so rude? To everyone? With a groan I sat back against the seat's back waiting for this day to be over already. It's not that I didn't want to go to his studio, it was more like I never wanted to be around the again unless necessary.

Six minutes had passed when Yoongi received a phone call. Sitting up more he answered the call, his hand still refusing to leave my wrist. "This is Min Yoongi. Ah, I'll be out shortly." He hung up and looked at me. "Let's go." 

"Alright." His hold on my wrist never loosened as he dragged me outside. I stopped in my tracks as I saw the black Rolls Royce infront of me. He turned to look at me. 

"What? Never seen a Rolls Royce before?" He smirked. I had definitely seen a Rolls Royce before I just didn't expect him to have one.

"No, I just thought you would have something more-"

"Normal?" I nodded at his question. "Well personally I hate riding in this thing.Jaebum must be spiting me for calling him to pick me up. He thought I would be here for a few more days." He just shrugged it off while I wondered how much money this family actually had and why Appa never told me about this. Yoongi pulled me out of my thoughts by dragging me to the car. The young guy, who I was guessing to be the man named Jaebum, opened the back door for us to get in. Yoongi motioned for me to get in first and finally let go of my wrist. I let out a sigh and entered the car. I hadn't been in a Rolls Royce since I left my parents home. The memory it brought back wasn't pleasant.

"Get your in the car right now Jisoo!" My upper arm was in my father's hand as he dragged me into the Rolls Royce in the garage. Pain kept shooting up and down my arm. "You know this meeting has to go well Jisoo and I will kill you if you embarrass me."  I knew his threat wasn't a lie. He would kill me if I embarrassed him. I gathered myself and made myself become the best daughter in the world but nothing could take away the terror in my eyes. "Yes sir."

"Can you stop spacing out? The look you have on your face is weird." Yoongi was sitting to my right with his phone in his hand not even looking at me. "We're almost there." He put his phone away to look at the window and I just nodded.


Hey everyone! DId you enjoy the chapter? I have been on hiatus for a while but I usually write whenever I have free time which is never recently! ;-; I am hoping to write more often but no guarantees! Please be patient with me as I update this!

Word Count: 1362