Chapter Two

Street Rat

 

The memories rushed back and pierced my mind like a knife causing me to cry out. I out in an instant.

I woke up with Appa above me trying to wake me up desperately, tears streaming down his old face and Eonni with complete pity on her face. I hated the pity but I chose to ignore it for now. My throat was dry and in pain. I had most likely been screaming in pain. I looked over slowly to Appa to see he was relieved I was finally awake.

"Child, please get up and lay in your bed." Appa's voice was still shaky for his tears. I struggled to get my voice to work.

"Jisoo, let me help you up." Eonni had helped support me as we walked over to my bed and had me sit down. She then went to help Appa stand up and I felt horrendous I had placed him in that position in the first place. 

After struggling to use my voice, I finally spoke. "What happened?" Appa was halfway up with the help of Eonni when they both froze. They were dumbfounded I had no idea of what was going on. Eonni helped Appa the rest of the way up and helped guide him to the green chair a few meters from my bed. 

"Appa, I have to check on Yoongi please explain to her." He gave a slight nod and with the gesture she left the room. I looked at the wooden floor as I repeated my question. Other questions were in my mind but I knew my questions would be answered when he spoke.

I heard him clear his voice to explain.

"I'm going to just quickly explain without many details. Jisoo, you had rushed up the stairs shortly after talking to Yoongi. You had tears rushing down your face and I knew you needed some time to calm down. I went out to see what my idiotic grandson did to hurt you when you started screaming 'no' over and over again. We all rushed upstairs only to find your door locked. I couldn't find my key fast enough. Yoongi kicked down the door and when we finally got to the closet, You were just whimpering and crying in a fetal position. You kepted saying 'no father, please no.' We couldn't wake you up for 20 minutes. Yoongi ran out after only a few minutes. And the rest you know." My tears ran down my face. I remembered all my memories that I had locked a way for 30 minutes at least. I had worried those around me and humiliated myself in front of Appa's family. 

"Appa, I'm sorry. He called me princess and I just snapped. I'm sorry I embarassed you." I had placed my face in my hands. I knew his family would not like me now after that display.

I heard the chair Appa was sitting in squeak as Appa got up. A few moments later my bed had dipped and felt his arms wrap around me. "My sweetest Jisoo, I am just worried about you. You caused me no embarassment nor will you ever cause me embarassment. Every person has a dark past that they can't always hide from. Some people are just better at forgetting. That is why some people will be there to comfort you when you remember. I pray one day you may forget or make it your driving force to success."

I smiled and thanked him. Slowly, he let go of me and gave me a warm smile. "You are a strong girl, but you hold everything in too much. Now I'm going to make you a little snack. I'll send Nari up with some water shortly. Just rest until then." I nodded and counted his footsteps as he walked out of my room. I heard the door latch and with it a flood of terrible thoughts come to my mind. I had to force the tears back as I remembered the terrible verbal abuse from years past and the mental abuse I was giving myself now. I grabbed a notebook and a pen we had kept in my bedside tables and started writing lyrics. I channeled everything into my lyrics, so much so that I didn't hear the door open and light footsteps come in. I had started rapping my main verse and almost got to the chorus when I heard a voice.

"I would replace 'a beautiful tragedy' with 'a sorrow filled mellody' it just fits better with your flow." I jumped at the deep voice with a slight lisp. I looked over to see him set a glass of water onto my bedside table and sit in the green chair. My eyes immediately diverted towards my notebook as I felt my fear still wreck havoc throughout my mind.

"Please, just leave." I said it as a whisper but he still heard me. He got up and I felt myself flinch. 

"Easy, I don't want to hurt you. I just want to take a look at your lyrics if you'd let me." Pity laced in through his sentence and I felt my anger flare up again almost devouring my fear. He reached for my notebook as I just let him take it. The floor creaked as he went to sit back down, my eyes still towards my lap. We sat in an uncomfortable silence as he read. My anger almost reached a breaking point but I decided to not show it too much.

"I don't need your pity prick." It took me a few seconds longer to speak than normal and it did not sound as intimidating as I wish it did. He ignored me for another few minutes. I decided to answer back more fierce than before when he cut me off.

"Your lyrics are pretty good just need minor fixes here and there. I think I would like to help you produce the beat for it." I looked up at the mint haired kid. He was stretching to put the notebook on my dresser.

"Although I would like to actually go to a studio without sneaking in for once, I still don't want to go. I don't want your ing pity." I voice had a low growl in it. I knew I probably looked intimidating or just really pathetic. I hoped it was the first of the two.

"Well I want to apologize for being a complete earlier. Take it as pity or not. That's up to you. If you really don't want to work with me thats fine, I'll just give you a key to my studio so you don't have to sneak in next time. You also don't have to work with me. I'll just give you a schedule so you can avoid me. Sound good?"

The offer was amazing. No more trespassing. Wait, "What do you mean 'so you don't have to sneak in next time?'"

"Oh, that," he chucked. He was really attracted when he laughed. Snap out of it Jisoo! "Well my security cameras have seen you sneak in to my studio six times the past month. I figured you must need the studio worse than I do for you to sneak in so often!" I felt my cheeks burn up. "I thought you just didnt have the manners to ask if you could use it. That's the reason I scoffed when you had given my mother so much respect." He gave a hearty laugh and I felt my cheeks go red. I had been caught SIX times. And it was HIS studio. How much more can I embarass myself today?

"I do have manners, but most places kick me out after looking at me with the dirty backpack and obvious poor kid look." I looked down at my lap again.

I felt him get up and I flinched again. He flicked me on the head lightly. I looked up at him, scowling. "Bring your head up you self conscious girl. People can't see talent. You have to fight for it. Now my grandpa will be in here any minute, eat the snacks and get some rest. We're going to my studio tomorrow." He then turned to leave the room. He walked with the floorboards squeaking ever so slightly. Just as he reached the door I expressed some of my anger.

"Don't be nice to me because you pity me, or because you ed up ."

"I'm not. You have talent that I want to work with." He smiled and then closed the door as he walked out.


Hey everyone, I'm so sorry I haven't updated in a very long time I had a whirlwind of events happen in the last few months so please bare with me as everything settles and I update more!

Word count: 1475