Pilot

Street Rat

I guess you could say the streets have always been my home. I can't remember any other place to call home. I tried to live with someone once but they kicked me out before it even had a chance to try and become my home and I don't exactly enjoy remembering my first "home." I remember wishing I had a home but now I don't want one. A home means being locked down, being chained to a certain place and having no creative freedom. No a home isn't for me. All I need is the occasional sneaking into a recording studio and to sell a few copies of my songs every once in a while. I don't need anyone pushing me to get married or another person forcing their company on me. I just want to do me. Oh, you want to know about the company? My dad owns the largest restaurant chain in Korea. It's annoying trying to be his "perfect princess" when in reality I hate their lifestyle. Luxury is not necessary nor is it enjoyable in my eyes. And it's even more unenjoyable with a mother breathing down your back to marry the richest sleeze ball in the country. So about 3 years back I said them and decided to do what I love, music. But of course I didn't know my fate would change only a few days after the 3rd anniversary of me being on the streets. I guess that's enough explaining, let me show you my glamorous life.

"Please give this a listen!" Another walked by without even giving me a second glance and by my stomach growling and the sun going down I could guess it was time to pack up and go eat. This was a pattern of every day. Start early in the morning by setting up the little table and trying to sell my newest song. This would continue until sundown and I'd pack up and head to the place that was the closest thing I'd call a home. It was a little ramen shop just on the outskirts of Seoul. I found it about 4 months after I became homeless.It had been 2 days since I ate last and I smell this delicious aroma coming my way from this little shop. An elderly man popped his head out of the store when he heard me groan and say how good it smelled. The owner had told me to come inside and he would feed me for free. Since then he let me take showers at his house and he would feed me every night and refuse any money I would try to give him. The owner became more like a father than my actual father was. He always fed me and I recently started calling him appa besides his protests. I learned I have 2 other "siblings" and one actually was a very successful painter and sculptor. The other was just a simple business man in the middle of Seoul and I have actually met him a few times before. He would always hug me and call me dongsaeng whenever he saw me now but at first he begged his father to stop feeding me so Appa's business didn't go under. Appa defended me to the end. 

"Appa I'm here!" I yelled towards the cooking area. I saw the familiar head pop out from behind the half wall. He had been crouching down to pick something up again and I remembered that he wasn't supposed to do that anymore.

"Welcome back Jisoo! Can you help me pick this up real quick?" I nodded and took of my coat to hang on the coat rack to the left of me. I quickly rushed towards Appa to help him pick up the bag of ingredients he had put on the ground. "Thank you Jisoo." He gave me a kind smile before starting to put the ingredients away. I started to help him by lifting the broth out of the bag.

"Appa, you know the doctor said no more bending down right?"

"Jisoo, you know I'm going to do it anyways. Such a silly girl, you should know how stubborn I am." He laughed a little after putting the rest of ingredients away. "Oh Jisoo?"

"Yes Appa?"

"Remember my daughter? The famous artist I was telling you about?" I nodded. "She is coming to visit today. Please remember your manners ok? She has two sons and they are both interested in the arts. You will have a lot to talk about with the younger of the two. Also, watch that mouth of yours! Your language is filthy!" 

He and I just started laughing knowing that no such thing would ever happen. I am too much of a free spirit to not cuss. "But do be kind to them."

"Yes Appa."


So this is the begining what do you think of Jisoo so far? Please leave some comments below! And yes, I know it's a short chapter. It should be longer next time.