Chapter One

Street Rat

I finished eating my ramen quickly and immediately started to go upstairs to take a shower. I felt gross since I had been sweating from standing outside all day, however, that was only one downfall from living on the streets compared to all the upsides that I fell in love with. I reached the top of the stairs and took a right after the first guest bedroom and then took a left into the door way only slightly off from the original hallway upstairs. I entered the small bathroom and the shower to warm up the water. I peeled off my gross clothes and I was thankful I met Appa since he had helped me when I only had one outfit. I opened the cupboard underneath the sink and pulled out the fresh clothes Appa had bought me after our first encounter. I placed the clothes on the closed toilet seat and stepped into the hot water. It felt like it was burning my skin but I loved it. To me it meant all the dirtiness was leaving my skin. That's when I felt my mind drift to the idea of what Appa's family was like. Then I felt the dread. What if they don't like me and they convince Appa to leave me by myself again. I would have no one again and I hated those months without anyone to talk to. I may do the same things everyday but that didn't mean I enjoyed not talking about them. I felt the tears start to threaten to fall and I forced myself to think of different subjects. 

I thought of my next song. What should I focus on in the song? What key should I use to help me portray the feelings in the song? Will they like me? I ruffled my wet hair in frustration and decided to just finish my shower and get out. I finished up and carefully stepped out of the shower and wrapped my towel around my body. The song "It's Cold" by Epik High came into my head and I started to sing Lee Hi's part in the beginning. I started getting dressed the whole time singing and rapping and was half way through the song when I finished getting dressed and drying my hair. I walked out of the bathroom to hear the slamming of doors downstairs and a loud "Appa!" I walked downstairs slowly still singing and rapping to see three people below. The woman was hugging Appa and I could guess she was my "eonni." She was beautiful and she looked like a model. She had this almost demanding aura about her but it was different. It was like she demanded attention but didn't need it. The next person was what looked like the older of the two boys there. He had a suit on and had black hair. He looked like he a business man. The older(?) of the two males suddenly got a phone call and said he would be back. He walked out the door quickly with a yeoboseyo escaping his lips. The last person looked like an idol with his mint green hair and relaxed stature. He had headphones on and bowed to his harabeoji only after being slapped on the arm by his eomma. She in turn only shook her head and turned to Appa. 

"How are you Appa? Are you listening to your doctor?" Her voice was laced with concern in her last sentence but he just shook his head at her.

"I am fine. You and Jisoo are making sure I listen to my doctor!" He then waved me over. I slowly walked over hoping to not draw too much attention to myself but that failed as her eyes followed his arm to his hand and straight to my figure. I felt myself freeze as the thought of them not liking me came through my mind again. Her face softened and turned into a large smile. She rushed over to me and pulled me into a large hug. I was shocked to be pulled into a hug.

"It's so nice to meet you, Jisoo! I have heard so much about you! Thank you for helping Appa!" She released me from her hug to hold my hands. "How are you doing? Are your songs selling well? How old are you? You're like my dongsaeng right? Call me Eonni! You will won't you?" I felt myself getting more and more uncomfortable at every question asked.

"I don't mean to be rude Eonni, but can you please stop holding my hands?" She immediately dropped my hands.

"Sorry, I just got back from America and I got used to the hugs from my friends there." She grimaced slightly and I immediately felt bad.

"No, it's not that big of a problem! I'm just not used to so much skinship since most people tend to ignore me. I should answer your questions now though before you forget them. I am doing well. No, my songs are not doing well. I am 21 years old. I am your dongsaeng through Appa and I think I already answered your last question, Eonni." I paused right before I said the Eonni and smirked. She laughed a really beautiful laugh before I heard a scoff come from behind her and I felt myself immediately glare the mint haired boy. He rolled his eyes. 

"Excuse me." I excused myself from the two eldest in the room and grabbed the collar of the rude boy. I practically dragged the unsuspecting boy out of the restaurant and threw him on the ground. 

"Ow, what the ?" He rubbed his and glared at me.

"I don't care who the you think you are, you do not scoff like that to people you have never met you prick."

"Yeah, and what do you wanna do about it princess?" He smirked at me and I felt my blood boil. The last person to call me princess was my dad and there was a good reason he was the last. That pet name meant bad things and I felt my body start to hurt, especially the left side, after the memory of my dad passed through my mind.

"Don't call me princess." I had closed my eyes and said the previous sentence through clenched teeth. My fingers were curled up into my hands and I was shaking in both anger and fear. My body instantly reacted by rushing into the restaurant and up the stairs into the guest room. I had locked the door behind me and went into the closet and closed the door.


Hey everyone! I am actually on my way from Tokyo to the U.S. and decided it was probably a good time to write. Thank you for waiting for this update! The next chapter should be longer so bear with me as I try to elongate my writing style! Please remember to comment below!

Word Count: 1166