Chapter Three

Street Rat

I woke up in the comfort of my bed at Appa's house. I stretched my arms up above my head releasing a yawn, my daily routine for when I wake up. I threw off the covers and with it my notebook flew up and landed on the floor. Strange I couldv'e swore I saw him put it on the dresser last night. With a quick stretch I picked up the flimsy papers and saw some red lines in some of my lyrics with, what I could only guess to be, corrections. To say I was angry was an understatement and I knew exactly who did it. Yoongi, that . 

"What are you so red for sweetheart?" Slowly, I looked over to see the in person. Leaning up against the doorway was the idiot with his arms crossed. Sporting the stupid, mint-green hair, an oversized black hoodie, black skinny jeans, and black converse, I swear, just to make him look even more like an idol. Especially since he was smirking.

"Why did you 'correct' my lyrics?" I emphasized correct with quotation marks made by my hands that almost made the notebook fall from my hands. I knew I was turning a deeper shade of red as I talked but at this point it didn't matter. My lyrics were written that way so it was raw and unaltered.

"Because your flow doesn't match well with it. It doesn't flow naturally, making it sound forced."

"It sounds raw!" My eyes started to tear up from all my frustrations. He took a step towards me but I just walked up and pushed him out the door. He fell on his and I slammed the door in his face before he could say another word. I let out a deep sigh and forced my tears to go back so they didn't fall. Letting out another breath I went towards the bed and made it quickly and changed into the clothes that Appa didn't buy me. I then neatly folded the clothes he did buy me and set them on the bed. I grabbed the shabby backpack that I know Appa brought into my room from downstairs. I grabbed my notebook and the pens and put them gently in the bag barely finding room from the CDs I made to sell. I brushed my hair with my fingers and left the room, tripping over an idiot in the process. My elbow hit the ground and shot pain up my arm as the rest of me landed on Yoongi. I immediately rolled off him and he sat up clutching the back of his head saying curses underneath his breath. Me on the other hand was biting my lip trying not to scream profanities throughout the place.

After a few minutes of us both silently cursing I hear a quiet yell, "for s sake please watch where you're going!"

"Says the one who sat outside of the door like a ing idiot!" I was trying to stay quiet but, I was still clutching onto my elbow breathing out short breaths to try and focus on anything other than the pain.

"I was trying to apologize to you but you slammed the door in my face!"

"And how does fixing my lyrics do that?" We were full on screaming at this point and I know everyone can hear us at this point.

"I don't know I was just trying to help you ok?" His volume got quieter as he was speaking. I noticed his face go red.

I released a sigh. "You are awkward socially aren't you?" His face got more red at the question.

"Stop trying to apologize, I already accepted it." Letting go of my elbow I got up and helped him up. My elbow was still shooting pain. "Does your head still hurt?"

"No, it doesn't." 

"Good, then help me get ice on my elbow." I started walking down the stairs when I turned back around. "Oh, and never correct my lyrics again."


I know, I know this chapter is SUPER short but I wanted to give a quick update on this story! I will try to update soon!

Word count: 695