Chapter Two - Byun Baekhyun

Proud Piano, Sassy Violin
Please log in to read the full chapter

Four years ago….

 

“I’m home!” Hyun Ae screamed as she threw her bag and shoes on the floor. Her stomach was reminding her how hungry she was because she missed lunch in order to play with her violin. As she was about to check her fridge, she heard someone playing on the piano. She smiled knowing that there was only person in the house that will be playing a beautiful melody without making mistakes.

Taking a glass of orange juice, she went to the music room that it was near the main room. As Hyun Ae was about to open the door, she stood there a couple of minutes to listen the melody that her twin brother was playing. It was somewhat beautiful, but at the same melancholy. She closed her eyes, and with the tip of her fingers, she started to tap the door slowly imagining the notes like she was actually looking at song sheet. Taking a deep breath, she slowly opened the door, and saw the person whom she has shared most part of her life.

“You shouldn’t be here, Hyun Woo. You are sick, remember?” Hyun Ae told him in a soft voice. She knew that her brother wouldn’t listen to her, after all he has an incredible concentration when it comes about music. Just as Hyun Woo was playing the last notes, at least that was Hyun Ae thought, she couldn’t stop staring at her brother. Even though both of them were fraternal twins, they could easily replace each other. Hyun Woo may be a guy, but if you put him a wig, he could pass like a girl, except that he will need extra help with the s. Hyun Ae sat beside him, and took a glance at the music sheet in front of him. Clair de la Lune was written as the title.

Just when Hyun Woo was playing the last notes, Hyun Ae laid her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes. She had listened many pianists on music concerts, but none of them could ever replace the way her brother play with the piano. It was a combination between passion and glint, and that was something that she will never find in anyone. She secretly believed in what people called destiny, and there was a reason why Hyun Woo was born to be her twin brother. Hyun Woo was the only person in the world that could complement her passion for music. While his brother play the piano with passion, she play the violin with zest, and that’s the reason why both of them became the most famous duo in the music industry.

At the beginning, Hyun Ae had her doubts whether to become famous, but when she saw the happiness in her brother, she couldn’t deny that she wanted to see that smile often. Their talent took them to cities like London, Paris, Milan, New York, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Madrid, and so on. They had even participated with other orchestras around the world. Her mother suggested to get stage names before debuting worldwide, so Hyun Ae got the stage name as Hyuna, and her brother Henry. He thought that it will be easy from another countries to pronounce it correctly.

Hyun Ae opened her eyes slowly as she felt been kissed on her head. She faintly blushed as she gently nudges her brother with her elbow. Hyun Woo might her brother, but still she doesn’t like that type of attention, not even from their father. She always get nervous and flustered every time someone gives her a kiss on her cheek or even a friendly hug. Her brother always about not getting a boyfriend because of her lack of skin ship, but she always replies that the only relationship that she cares about is with her violin.

“Did you like it? It’s the first time that I play this song.” Hyun Woo asked her. Hyun Ae nod slowly because she couldn’t believe that it was his first time. She silently chuckled as she remembers that Hyun Woo could play any song, after all he was born with a talent that few people had. Just with one glimpse of a music sheet, Hyun Woo could easily remember every note without making a mistake. At the first musical contests when both were younger, people started to make rumors about Hyun Woo cheating because no one could be that good playing piano. With those rumors, Hyun Woo started to have doubts whether or not continue to be a pianist, but Hyun Ae didn’t want him to give up. She thought about ways to help him get over his fear, and when her father took her one day to the music store, she instantly felt in love with the instrument that was over the clarinet shelve.

Hyun Ae practiced every day with her violin. Even when her teacher left the house, she continue to practice with the violin until midnight. She wanted to be as good as Hyun Woo was with the piano. When she stood at the stage of her first musical contest, she forgot the melody. Taking a deep breath and closing her eyes, she imagine a music sheet in her mind, and little by little the notes started to appear. It wasn’t in the right order, but it was almost close. Just when she was about to give up and walk out from stage, she started to imagine a field full of sunflowers with a white piano in the middle of it. Suddenly Hyun Woo walked through the field, took his seat, and started playing the same melody that Hyun Ae practiced for the contest. She smiled brightly, and synchronizes her violin rhythm with the one that her brother was playing.

As Hyun Ae hit the last note, she opened her eyes, and the crowd just stood there in silence. She bowed to them, and when she was about to leave the stage, she heard the crowd clapping. When she turn to them, everyone was standing up with smiles on their faces, and cheering her up, even her brother couldn’t stop smiling. She may have won second place, but the cheering of the crowd was the only prize that she cared about, but most important was the fact that Hyun Ae knew that she didn’t have to be good as her brother in order for him to get over his fear. Because Hyun Ae knew at that moment that she only needed to be by his side to fight against the world, and that’s the only feeling that matters to her.

 

 

 

Present day….

 

“For her to be considered as an idol around the world, she has a bad behavior, even worse than my dogs when they were only puppies.” Kai, a second year student in the music department said while he was cleaning Sehun’s face. Even though Hyun Ae embarrassed him in front of the whole cafeteria, Sehun couldn’t stop smiling about the fact that he met his idol. Even he decided to ignore Kai when he muttered stupid, because right he was in cloud seven. Kai asked everyone why that so called Hyuna is famous for.

“She is a well-known violinist around the world. Hyuna and her brother Henry became idols for their unique collaborations with the piano and violin. Their recreation of the song Rain from Brian Craig took them to the spotlight.” Chanyeol, a third year student from the music class replied to Kai as he was eating his sandwich. “I will assume that you are fan because you answered without hesitation.” Sehun said chuckling, but he just earned a glare from the tall guy. Kai couldn’t avoid asking if her brother was in the school as well, but he sort of regret it when Sehun, Chanyeol, and Tiffany lowered their gazes.

“Hyuna and Henry had a car accident two years ago. Hyuna made it, but her brother couldn’t survived to the accident. That was day the world cried for losing of the most talented pianist that we could ever see, and the day she lost her twin.” Tiffany answered. Just when Kai was about to ask another question, Sehun took out his phone, and showed Kai a photo of Hyuna and his brother. It was a photo taken for the Cosmopolitan magazine with the head ‘The Heirs of Classical Music’. Both of them were wearing a matched white shirt, black tie, black pants, and black converse. Hyuna was carrying a white violin, and Henry was holding a small version of a piano toy. Kai couldn’t believe that the girl from the photo who had a beautiful smile was the same the one that throw a chocolate pudding to his friend.

“Ever since that day, my cousin had never played with the violin. It took her even months to leave her room. According to my aunt, they tried to find a new partner for her, but she rejected every single person. She didn’t eve

Please log in to read the full chapter