Chapter One - Hyun Ae

Proud Piano, Sassy Violin
Please log in to read the full chapter

Both doors from the emergency room were opened as the paramedics were pushing two stretchers. Nurses from all over the halls were running to their directions as the doctors were seeking for available rooms. As they were running, the paramedics were giving the report of the accident. Apparently the car where the two bodies were found got crashed by a trunk whose driver was drunk. The person who was driving the car survived with a few scratches, but the young people who were at the back couldn’t make it completely. Both of them were dying at the same time.

As both of the bodies reached to the operation room, the doctors were discussing with the surgeon for the possible way to save both of them, but it was hard since both of them were in a critical state. One of doctors came to them with the final exam from the bodies.

“It was worse than I thought. The boy is more critical according to this. His brain got cerebral hemorrhage due to the crash, and so far apparently he is not going to make it. The brain from the girl is working fine, but her heart is slowing beating. We tried with electric shocks, but the rhythm got worse.” As the surgeons were preparing the bodies for the operation, one of them asked to the nurses to verify if they have a heart that could compatible with the one of the girl. After 20 minutes of trying to stop with the cerebral hemorrhage, one of the nurses came with the news that they couldn’t find a compatible heart, not even from the new donors. One of the surgeons looked at both bodies, they didn’t noticed that both of them were alike.

“Are they related?” The surgeon asked.

One of the nurses replied that they were fraternal twins. After repeating those words in his mind, he started at the eyes of the other surgeon. Both of them knew the solution for this chaos, but the results wasn’t the one their family would love to hear. They didn’t have the time to ask to the family. Either both of them die, or one of them can make it at the end.

“We are deeply sorry, but at least one soul will leave from this horror room.” One of the surgeons whispered as the other one was shouting to everyone get ready for the next 20 hours.

 

 

 

Two years later…

 

“Are you nervous, Hyun Ae? You haven’t spilled a word ever since we left the house.”

The last thing Hyun Ae wanted to do was to speak to the woman who didn’t let her stay with her dad back in London. She knew that it was a decision that it was made a year ago, but from all the countries in the world, her mother chose to move to the one she hated the most. She wanted peace, yet the only thing she has got was scandals. Instead of replying to her mom that she rather be pregnant from Justin Beiber than coming to the country that it wasn’t included in her vocabulary, she put on her earphones, and turn up the volume to the maximum.

“You definitely got that from your father.” Her mother mumbled.

After ten minutes and an unnecessary stop to a coffee shop because Hyun Ae was driving her mother crazy that she wanted so badly an Americano, and if her mother didn’t stop she would get out from the car even though she was driving, they reached to Seoul International School. A school that consists of four buildings, three of them belonging to class departments, and the one in the middle which is the theater. The three departments consists of Science, Music and Art, and Business. Every department has an official uniform for their students. The vest, pants, and skirts were blue for everyone, but the tie is different according to their department. The students from the Science Department their color assigned is green, the ones from the Music and Art Department is red, and from the Business Department is yellow. In order for the teachers to know which level the students are, they wear star pins in the left section of the vest. The students from the first year must wear one star pin, second year must wear two star pins, and the ones from the third year must wear three star pins.

“Good luck in your-“her mother couldn’t finish her sentence because Hyun Ae left the car in a blink of an eye.

“Remember Yun Seo, she is only a teenage girl that is passing through a phase where she thinks the world is against her. She is not doing this to pissed you off, and drag her to the first airplane that goes to Afganistan so that she will learn the definition of pain.” Her mother mumbled angrily.

 

Hyun Ae was looking for the Science Department building, but due to many halls and a garden that looks like the maze from the movie Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, she got lost like a puppy. She tried asking to some of the students, but everyone ignored her. Seriously, Mean girls looks like saints compared to this people. Just when she was about to give up and walk back to the entrance, she spot a boy that was seating alone in one of the seats of the maze garden. When she got closer, she saw that he was wearing the green tie and three star pins. She let out a relief sigh because not only they were in the same year, but also in the same department.

“E-excuse me, I know that you are busy reading a book which I hope that you don’t mind hearing that the end actually , so whatever is in your mind erase it because is really disappointed, but the point of this conversation is that I need to how to reach to the Science Department before I get more psychopath that I tend to be in a normal day.”

The boy looked up to the girl that was standing in front him, but he didn’t spoke a word. Hyun Ae sighed defeated. Either he was really stupid, which would lead her to think how he got the Science class, or he was those kind of people that thought that everyone is awkward except from him.

“I got your message. You don’t want to help me. If you would excuse me, meanwhile you a read a book which I consider worse than Twilight, I will try to get lost in this school for one more hour so that the teachers will try to find me, but what they don’t know is that they will only find my will to survive in this endless garden.” Just when she turn to walk, the boy stood up from the seat and reach to her.

“I’m deeply sorry. It’s just that I was thinking why you were asking for the science building if you are from third year. I assume that you are new, and by the way I already read the book three times, and the ending is beautiful.” The boy said.

“Meeting up with the Kardashians is more entertaining than reading that book, and I hate that show so much, even more than the fact that Hermione Granger end up with Ron instead of Harry. I mean, she cried and fought with that red hair guy every single year, and still she wanted to be him instead of the other guy that risked his every year to save them from a man that has ia issues.” The boy just stood there staring at her.

“And my name is Moon Hyun Ae, nice to meet you.” She spoke with an awkward smile. Just when she tho

Please log in to read the full chapter