Chapter Three - Park Chanyeol

Proud Piano, Sassy Violin
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Well students, remember that tomorrow after class is going to be the musical contest. Whomever wins first and second place is going to participate in the national contest representing our school. I wish good luck to all the participants! You may all go now.” The students stood up from their seats as the teacher leaves the classroom. As Baekhyun was packing his books, a Chinese guy stood beside him. “Hi Lay! Nice presentation about the history of guitars, except that you went kind of far when you started playing the song Highway to Hell. You couldn’t had chosen another song? The teacher almost kicked out of the class.” Lay chuckled with Baekhyun as both of them were the leaving the classroom. Lay was one of the few people that Baekhyun speak with. He still remembers that first year when no one was speaking to Lay because he couldn’t talk property Korean. Baekhyun felt sorry for him, and decided to talk him, or at least try. As the months passed by, both of them became good friends. Lay became the top student from the music department by the end of the year. Most students got surprised except for Baekhyun, after all Lay was exceptionally good at dancing, singing, studying, and playing several instruments. Even though Lay became popular among the building, he never forgets about the person who first spoke to him. Byun Baekhyun, the guy whose aegyo sounds like a grandma having diarrhea after eating three cans of Pork & Beans, but still it was sort of cute.

“Talking about presentation, are you going to participate in the contest? It’s your final year, Baek.” Lay asked him as they were walking down the stairs. He thought for a moment that Baekhyun would say that he wouldn’t, after all he has been avoiding participating in the contest for the last two years, and earning calls of attention from their teachers. But to his surprise, Baekhyun nod happily. “It’s a must for me to participate this year because there’s someone special that will go to the contest-“but Baekhyun couldn’t finish talking because he got hit with someone’s back. As Baekhyun was his nose, Chanyeol turned to look at him with wide eyes. The person who was avoiding the competitions for the last two years just confirmed his participation on this one. The person who Chanyeol only considered as his Nemesis will compete again just like the old times. The only person who has overcome Chanyeol ever since their first competition thirteen years ago will finally come back. Just when Chanyeol was about to speak, Baekhyun looked at him smirking “Don’t worry Park, I’m not interested in the first place. I will just go so that someone special can see my performance. You are free from any danger, or at least from me.” As Baekhyun and Lay decided to keep on walking, Chanyeol stood in the same place thinking in those words that Baekhyun said. Who could be that important person that made Baekhyun go to the stage again?

“He or she must be very important…” Chanyeol mumbled as he received not one, but two kicks on his from his dearest friends Sehun and Kai. Chanyeol had never ever wish to cut their little throats with a chainsaw like now. When Baekhyun and Lay were walking through the garden, their views changed when they heard two guys screaming for their lives. They were running through the hall like their mom just arrived to the house, and they haven’t do the chores that she told them from the morning. Just behind them, a giant and very pissed Chanyeol was running and carrying a big hammer that made Baekhyun and Lay question where the hell he got that, and their answer just appeared in a few seconds with the janitor screaming to Chanyeol to return him the hammer since he using it for work purposes.

 

Xiumin and Chen were praying for their innocent lives as they stared at Hyun Ae dissecting a frog and muttering I hate him, I hate him, I hate him, I hate him. Hyun Ae, or known as Darth Sidious after having a Star Wars marathon at Chen’s house which at the end Chen regret with all his heart inviting Hyun Ae since she found out his Playboy’s magazines hidden behind a furniture and now she will take any opportunity to blackmail him, was with a bad attitude weeks ago. The guys wouldn’t dare to be near her if she had any instrument that could consider a danger to them.

“Do you what’s happening to our Hyun Ae? First, she almost choked D.O to death when he mentioned that he was going with his parents to a piano recital two weeks ago. Second, she scared the Tao guy from second year of music class when he was announcing the musical contest, and Hyun Ae failed just centimeters to hit him with the Biology book which until now I have been asking myself how the hell did she managed to throw that heavy book at a distance of near one meter and a half. And third, now she is blackmailing you for the secret magazines, which reminds me that I’m very angry with you for not telling me that you had a national

Please log in to read the full chapter