Epilogue

The Childhood Best Friend

Epilogue

Me and Him

For the past three years it has been me and him. Together, guiding each other through the greatest of highs and lowest of lows.

That night of my graduation was the happiest day of my life, not only did I escape the clutches of my mother’s evil husband, but I began my life as Yixing’s significant other. To hear the words ‘I love you’ come from his lips were a blessing, they were words I didn’t know I needed.

When I woke up in his arms that morning I could not believe the reality. Yixing, my best friend since childhood became my lover. He started by pecking my cheek, that one touch sent millions of electric impulses down my body. I hid my face away in his chest and he chuckled and started to patter kisses along my shoulder up to my neck. There is no greater feeling than the lips of your lover marking you as his for all eternity.

Yes, that night and morning will forever be a memory that I will cherish.

What happened these past 3 years? Well, my mother divorced Minjoon, what a spectacle that was. Yixing got really drunk one time at a party we were holding with the family. He’s not a violent drunk but a truthful drunk and as you might guess he spilled the truth of Minjoon’s actions and torment towards me in front of the whole family. Minjoon of course denied it, no one was going to trust the words of a drunk man. That was until Yixing pulled my arm over and displayed a scar that was on the inner side.

“How do you explain this?” Yixing angrily asked. I wanted him to stop because it was going to cause a mess but at the same time, I wanted this to happen. Minjoon deserves the shame.

“Oh my God honey, where did you get that scar from!” my mother screamed horrified.

“From that lowly excuse of a human sitting right beside you” Yixing answered.

“Shut up you pesky twirp! You are saying such nonsense right now!” Minjoon screamed, scared that all his wrong doings were coming up to hit him in the face.

“I think she was thirteen at the time” Yixing started. “Holly came running to me, crying, blood running down her arm. As her best friend I was mortified, she at this point hadn’t told me about you yet. However, I was suspicious why every week without fail she come to me with scratches or bruises around her body. It was actually quite amazing how many excuses she came up with but the day she came to me with this wound was the day she finally broke down and told me every vile thing you had done to her” Yixing said disgustedly.

“Minjoon…Is this true…were you abusing my child?” My mother asked tears pouring down her face.

“Of course it’s not true! I may have been a little stern but that twerp is exaggerating and skewering everything”  

“Oh I’m exaggerating!? Why don’t I come and beat you with a metal clothes hanger just because I didn’t hang the clothes right!?” Yixing angrily exclaimed as he stood up and grabbed onto the collar of Minjoons shirt.

“Yixing!” I called and hugged him from behind. I was breaking down, I thought I would not be affected by these demons anymore but I guess I was wrong. Yixing noticed that I was crying and shaking and he instantly let go of Minjoon and turned to hug me. He whispered sweet nothings into my ear, eager to get me to calm down.

“Shhh Holly, it’s alright, don’t cry, don’t think, just feel. Feel that I am here for you...protecting you”

“You Son of a !” My mother screamed as she slapped Minjoon across the face.

“How dare you abuse and hurt my daughter!” she screamed out in anger.

“She’s a ! That’s why! She’s some other guys mistake, you even told me that you wanted to abort her at one point!”

And that made my heart stop. Yixing’s soothing also stops.

“What?” I called out broken. My mother noticed and she quickly ran to me and engulfed me into her arms.

“I’m sorry baby! Please don’t hate me, I was in a dark place at that time. Your father left, I had no one to turn to. And it was just a thought! I never went through with it. I’m glad I had you as my daughter! You are my baby and I love you more than anything” My mother sobbed into my shoulder.

I honestly didn’t know what to think or feel.

“Yixing…Please take me home”

And that was how they ended up getting a divorce, my mother wanted to charge him with domestic and child abuse but in the end we let him go on the account that we never saw him again.

Six months has passed from that horrid night. I was lounging on the couch in Yixing’s arms. We were having a date at home by watching a movie with the lights off and the sound systems on. This was much better than the movie theatre’s.

“Babe?” Yixing called and broke my concentration from the movie.

“Yeah”

“I-I want to say something. I’ve been wanting to say it for the past few weeks but I never got the chance” he said.

“What is it Xing? Is it bad?” I asked while pausing the movie and tuning to face him.

“Well that depends on your answer” he said.

“C’mon Xing, don’t play me like this. Just say it” I chuckled and playfully slapped him on the shoulder.

In one movement he leaned forward and bought me into a hug.

“You know I love you right?”

“Of course I do; you tell me every day…I love you too”

“Well, I was thinking we should take our relationship to the next step” he said.

“Next step? How could we possibly take it to the next step, we’ve done everything a couple can do. The only next major step is mar-“ I stopped at the realisation.

“Marriage” Yixing finished for me.

“Are you serious!?” I stated in shock. He nodded and stood up, taking a black velvety box out of his pants pocket and knelt down on one knee. He turned to the table and grabbed the remote that controlled the lights and turned them on so that we could see each other’s faces.

“I know I’m not the most romantic guy in the world. I mean, just look at how I got you, I pushed you to a wall and kissed you” he chuckled at the memory.

“But I want you to know, even though I might not be the best romanticist out there, this proposal is coming from the depths of my heart” he continued. I was already in tears, he didn’t need to be all showy with his proposal, what he’s doing right now is perfect.

“We’ve known each other for more than a decade, most of that time we were best friends. I was your protector while you were my young little sister. But along the way, my feelings changed for you, I no longer saw you as little sister, I saw you as a woman. Especially on your 18th birthday when you wore a short dress for the first time. It took everything in me not to pounce onto the guys that kept staring at you. Then that night of the graduation really pushed it, it was one thing to have men looking at you, but to have them touching you? I couldn’t take it. I was in love with you, I have been for so long and I will keep doing so until I die. You make me so happy, and you can also make me really depressed. It’s pitiful how much control you have over me…but with that being said will you do me the honours of marrying me?” he spieled and looked up to me.

I was crying, full blown tears running down my face, messing my make-up up.

“Xing! Of course I will marry you! I would be mad if I said no!” I answered as I leaped down onto him and kissing the living day lights out of him. Partly because I didn’t want him to see my messed up face but also because he is the most beautiful and compassionate human in the world who deserves all my love.

That make-out session turned into something else in the bedroom and you can probably guess what happened next.

The next morning, we woke up in each other’s arms with only a sheet to cover our skin.

“Good morning, my wife” his husky voice greeted.

“Good morning my beautiful fiancé whom I’m not even married to yet” I teased tow he took offense and started to tickle me.

“Yah, we are as good as being married! Take it back and say that you are now Mrs Zhang!”

“Okay, Okay, okay.....Good morning my husband, I, Mrs Zhang love Mr Zhang a tonne and cannot wait to spend the rest of her life with him”

“That’s better” he said and took his lips in hers for a passionate morning kiss.

We got married two months later, Yixing wasn’t one for big celebrations and neither was I, so we settled for a small garden wedding. That and Ying couldn’t wait to officially call me his wife so he wanted the ceremony as soon as possible.

“Do you Zhang Yixing, take this woman, to be your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold til death do you part?”

“I do”

“And you Lee Holly, take Zhang Yixing as your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold till death do you part?”

“I do”

“By the blessings of the sun, the moon and the God almighty, I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may kiss the bride” the officiator pronounced and Yixing took no time to swoop down and smash his lips against mine. I could say I was embarrassed since I was in front of family, but the feeling of love had overridden it.

“I love you so much, my wife”

“I love you so much as well, my husband”

“And I love you too little munchkin” Yixing said as he moved his hand to my stomach where our 2-month old baby grew. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I feel like this epilogue will complete the stories loose ends
Thanks for reading xx